WhiteWave Reviews

Gregg L. Engles

1. chiemo

Current Employee - Eater Eat in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Eater Eat in New York, NY

I have been working at WhiteWave part-time (More than a year)

Pros

• When one clicks on a picture of an item, can we have Description, Ingredients, and Instructions at the bottom of the enlarged picture of the item. At the moment, when one clicks on a picture of a product some have Product Details, Reviews, Ingredients, and Instructions, and some have only Description

Cons

Advice to Management

Eat more aWe are looking for an excellent J2EE Senior Lead Developer for. Ideal candidate will work in a team environment to develop applications and help drive design and architecture. It includes working within a team environment on coding, code reviews, performance tuning, software architecture and design.

2. Long hours for salaried employees

I have been working at WhiteWave

Pros

Good company culture, nice people. Everyone seems to be very smart and has a proactive attitude

Cons

Long hours for salary employees. Manufacturing environment so everyone starts very early in the AM Strict hiring practices so some positions are understaffed

Advice to Management

Better work life balance management.

Growing through Innovation

Current Employee - R&D in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - R&D in Louisville, CO

I have been working at WhiteWave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of runway to be innovative, creative, and to deliver results. A fast paced culture, a simple decision making process, and a level of informality enable collaboration. We have a set of wonderful brands and are in categories on trend with consumers creating a focus on innovation. I work with a team of highly ambitious and committed individuals making food better for people and for our planet. We have wonderful building resources, amenities, and technical creation space.

Cons

We run a lean organization which keeps us focused, but means we are gating a lot of worthy ideas

Advice to Management

Celebrate good times more frequently. Think about how we can increase throughput

5. machine operator

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Dallas, TX

I worked at WhiteWave (Less than a year)

Pros

good company to work and the pay is very good.

Cons

The 12 hour shifts plus the every other 2 days of work could be changed. The supervisors are very protective of their position. People work on eggshells to keep their jobs. No loyalty and basically watch your back.

Toxic Environment

I have been working at WhiteWave full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary is good, flexibility in schedule

Cons

Work/Personal life balance is awful, every department hates one another, upper management only cares about money

Advice to Management

Take a breath- we're doing well here- and focus on training, providing career growth opportunities, and improve morale, because it's terrible.

Decent

I have been working at WhiteWave

Pros

Lots of good people. Always work to do. Good culture and values. Need to implement additional training processes. Lots of meetings.

Cons

Poor structure, lack of communication between upper management and anyone else. Poor management, high turnover. Very stressful environment. 24/7 job. Poor work/life balance. Not a lot of room for growth.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. Make your employees feel included, don't talk down to them.

Terrible

I have been working at WhiteWave

Pros

Products are good that's about it. Excellent plant based beverages and tasty coffee bar solution products that are on trend and in high demand.

Cons

Disorganized unprofessional and horrible go to market strategy. Their philosophy is fast furious finished. No quality relationship building here and the food service management is TERRIBLE.

This was a good company to work for.

I worked at WhiteWave

Pros

Company offers great benefits and yearly bonuses

Cons

much turn over in mgmt

Good place to work

Current Employee - Intern in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Intern in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at WhiteWave

Pros

Good work environment. Allows flexibility. Friendly atmosphere. Great on site café.

Cons

Low Pay and no room to grow

Advice to Management

Doing ok

Good training, high salary, very corporate

Former Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at WhiteWave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very high salary, especially given the generally-lower cost of living in Denver. Excellent training ground for brand management. Brand opportunities vary from general management, innovation-heavy, or media/marketing-heavy depending on the brand. Highly analytical role.

Cons

Lots of evening and weekend work expected, very corporate environment. A bit of analysis paralysis happening across the board.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees in a personal, real way. Get to know them, and not as part of a mentoring program. Be honest about it.

RSS Feed </> Embed