Whole Foods Market Reviews

John Mackey and Walter Robb

1. Decent place to work

Former Employee - Cashier in Lake Grove, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Lake Grove, NY

I worked at Whole Foods Market part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great ideas, company values are all about pushing people to be heatlh- and environmentally conscious. The employee discount is a great perk. You start at a pretty high hourly wage for a customer-service job. Food is delicious!

Cons

The focus on extreme customer service can be frustrating when you know the customer is wrong. Bending over backwards to help out an ungrateful customer is infuriating.

I didn't have too many issues with management. I wish the store meetings were not mandatory but I understand the reasoning behind it. I would work with Whole Foods Market again.

2. It was a good work atmosphere and company is loyal to there employees. Several employee perks come with the job as well.

Former Employee - Grocery Team Member in Lake Grove, NY
    Former Employee - Grocery Team Member in Lake Grove, NY

I worked at Whole Foods Market part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers. Employee discount, paid team building days. Whole Foods Market gives you money towards work shoes.

Cons

Politics involved when jobs open for management positions.
    If your manager does not like you, it will be a tuff go around for you working there.

Give the team members more hands on experience if someone is interested in moving up in the company. Don't be worried that the team member is going to take your job away from you if he or she is on the fast track.

3. Perfect for temporary work, as a college student....

Current Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member in Lake Grove, NY
    Current Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member in Lake Grove, NY

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits if full time. profit sharing, extra 150 dollars a month, co-workers are nice. Healthy environment.

Cons

No benefits for part timers. No promotions whatsoever for part timers. to reap full benefits of whole foods, you need to be full timer. I strongly suggest you work here temporarily and do not get sucked in. I've seen so many people get "sucked in". they work here and end up working here for years, and not find their ideal career path and get comfortable.

More promotions for part timers

5. Good company, great atmosphere

Former Employee - Team Member in Lake Grove, NY
    Former Employee - Team Member in Lake Grove, NY

I worked at Whole Foods Market part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities in store and good co-workers. Management team that cares about its employees

Cons

their produce are a little bit more expensive as compares to other stores

Hope no one in your family gets sick, and better be a good ass kisser

Former Employee - Beer Buyer in Lake Grove, NY
    Former Employee - Beer Buyer in Lake Grove, NY

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was promoted pretty fast, the discount is pretty nice, there were some perks with the job(like a party at Brooklyn Brewery)

Cons

Was let go because I had to call out due to my mother in law getting stage 4 cancer. If you're not the team leader or store team leaders favorite expect hell. Most people above you are incompetent and don't want to admit it. Can't know more about the products then management. Everyone is in everyone's business, its just like High School all over again. If the job description says the person is in a supervisor role, don't write them up for supervising.

How about some compassion for family illness. Don't write up team members that spend more then 30mins helping a customer when the company prides itself on great customer service.

Whole Foods Market Photos