Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market co-CEOs John Mackey and Walter Robb

John Mackey and Walter Robb

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company, great atmosphere

Team Member (Former Employee)
    Lake Grove, NY

ProsLots of learning opportunities in store and good co-workers. Management team that cares about its employees

Constheir produce are a little bit more expensive as compares to other stores

Perfect for temporary work, as a college student....

Prepared Foods Team Member (Current Employee)
    Lake Grove, NY

ProsAmazing benefits if full time. profit sharing, extra 150 dollars a month, co-workers are nice. Healthy environment.

ConsNo benefits for part timers. No promotions whatsoever for part timers. to reap full benefits of whole foods, you need to be full timer. I strongly suggest you work here temporarily and do not get sucked in. I've seen so many people get "sucked in". they work here and end up working here for years, and not find their ideal career path and get comfortable.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore promotions for part timers

Hope no one in your family gets sick, and better be a good ass kisser

Beer Buyer (Former Employee)
    Lake Grove, NY

ProsI was promoted pretty fast, the discount is pretty nice, there were some perks with the job(like a party at Brooklyn Brewery)

ConsWas let go because I had to call out due to my mother in law getting stage 4 cancer. If you're not the team leader or store team leaders favorite expect hell. Most people above you are incompetent and don't want to admit it. Can't know more about the products then management. Everyone is in everyone's business, its just like High School all over again. If the job description says the person is in a supervisor role, don't write them up for supervising.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about some compassion for family illness. Don't write up team members that spend more then 30mins helping a customer when the company prides itself on great customer service.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!

Whole Foods Market Videos

Whole Foods Market – Why Work for Us?

​​Our Motto Our motto — Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet — emphasizes that our vision reaches beyond food retailing. In fact, our deepest purpose as an organization is helping support the health, well-being, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whole Foods Market reviews and ratings in Lake Grove, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Whole Foods Market CEO John Mackey and Walter Robb. All reviews posted anonymously by Whole Foods Market employees.