Whole Foods Market

Updated Jul 27, 2014

3.6 1,309 reviews

Whole Foods Market co-CEOs John Mackey and Walter Robb

John Mackey and Walter Robb

Pros
  • Whole Foods Market has great benefits and strives to grow their team members(in 162 reviews)

• Great benefits that work on a tier level based on hours you have put in w/the company(in 105 reviews)

Cons
  • Can't speak up for the good team members for fear of being written up or fired(in 146 reviews)

• Team leaders tend to delegate responsibility to lower level managers(in 104 reviews)

1,309 Employee Reviews

I really enjoy working for this company.

ProsThe discount is nice. I also like that I can choose to donate money from my pay check to help whole planet foundation.

ConsTHE PEOPLE WHO SHOP THERE.

Good company, good benefits, BUT they could easily start at $15.00 an hour.

ProsGreat product knowledge and superior customer service, They actually know about their products and take time to interact with customers to make sure they are finding everything that they are looking for.

ConsPay could be better, good starting out pay but not so generous with raises. Training is poor, they need a better training/education program.

Advancement and opportunity!

ATL (Current Employee)

ProsA company with positive, conscious culture and solid training. Many opportunities for growth and advancement. If you have goals and are willing to work hard and take responsibilities, the rewards are there!

ConsRetail is not for the weak! Tough schedules and hard work, but not unreasonable.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen people who have advanced do not make the grade, evaluate and make changes! There is some "dead wood" among leaders in all levels.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love this company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsI have worked in the grocery retail for many years for different companies. This company true cares about their workers

ConsIf your looking for banker hours you won't find them here.

Great Place

Grocery Clerk (Former Employee)

ProsGood starting pay, great coworkers, lots of flexibility.

ConsStore was in the midst of a turnaround, a bit disorganized.

Rewarding environment experiencing tremendous growth opportunities.

Team Leader (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExcellent leadership team, from executives down to associate team leaders, Whole Foods Market hires based on emotional intelligence and exudes a strong compassion in caring for one another. Opportunities are endless if you show the will and desire to achieve them.

ConsDecreased regional support as the company experiences rapid growth. Often times too many behind the scenes distractions, which in theory are created to strengthen morale and job skills, take away from our number one goal which is serving our guests.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerpetuate the culture Whole Foods Team Members and guests have come to love while expanding company growth.

Great vision, very disorganized.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsGreat company vision and outreach to the community.

ConsSome departments are very disorganized and the entire store suffers severely from being so undersized for the volume of customers and business.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeam Leaders need to be more hands on and less upstairs in the office. Pay could also be a littler higher - some employees are really suffering.

WFM is a great company!

ProsBenefits and work with great people.

ConsStress load and work load

Wonderful.

Bakery Team Member (Former Employee) Tigard, OR

Prosbenefits, employee discount, great coworkers

Consleadership can be flaky, scheduling

Advice to Senior ManagementBe proactive with scheduling.

fun and friendly

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsThe people were very friendly though the boys more than the girls. everyone seemed really inviting and they really wanted to work where they worked. The company its self is amazing and the values are great.

ConsCertain jobs needed more availability hours but other than that there really was no specific con. once again it is a great company to work for.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!