Whole Foods Market

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.6 1,318 reviews

Whole Foods Market co-CEOs John Mackey and Walter Robb

John Mackey and Walter Robb

Pros
  • Whole Foods Market has great benefits and strives to grow their team members (in 162 reviews)

• Great benefits that work on a tier level based on hours you have put in w/the company (in 105 reviews)

Cons
  • Can't speak up for the good team members for fear of being written up or fired (in 146 reviews)

• Team leaders tend to delegate responsibility to lower level managers (in 104 reviews)

More Highlights
1,318 Employee Reviews

Good company, good benefits, BUT they could easily start at $15.00 an hour.

ProsGreat product knowledge and superior customer service, They actually know about their products and take time to interact with customers to make sure they are finding everything that they are looking for.

ConsPay could be better, good starting out pay but not so generous with raises. Training is poor, they need a better training/education program.

I really enjoy working for this company.

ProsThe discount is nice. I also like that I can choose to donate money from my pay check to help whole planet foundation.

ConsTHE PEOPLE WHO SHOP THERE.

Advancement and opportunity!

ATL (Current Employee)

ProsA company with positive, conscious culture and solid training. Many opportunities for growth and advancement. If you have goals and are willing to work hard and take responsibilities, the rewards are there!

ConsRetail is not for the weak! Tough schedules and hard work, but not unreasonable.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen people who have advanced do not make the grade, evaluate and make changes! There is some "dead wood" among leaders in all levels.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love this company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsI have worked in the grocery retail for many years for different companies. This company true cares about their workers

ConsIf your looking for banker hours you won't find them here.

Great Place

Grocery Clerk (Former Employee)

ProsGood starting pay, great coworkers, lots of flexibility.

ConsStore was in the midst of a turnaround, a bit disorganized.

Rewarding environment experiencing tremendous growth opportunities.

Team Leader (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExcellent leadership team, from executives down to associate team leaders, Whole Foods Market hires based on emotional intelligence and exudes a strong compassion in caring for one another. Opportunities are endless if you show the will and desire to achieve them.

ConsDecreased regional support as the company experiences rapid growth. Often times too many behind the scenes distractions, which in theory are created to strengthen morale and job skills, take away from our number one goal which is serving our guests.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerpetuate the culture Whole Foods Team Members and guests have come to love while expanding company growth.

Great vision, very disorganized.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsGreat company vision and outreach to the community.

ConsSome departments are very disorganized and the entire store suffers severely from being so undersized for the volume of customers and business.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeam Leaders need to be more hands on and less upstairs in the office. Pay could also be a littler higher - some employees are really suffering.

Wonderful.

Bakery Team Member (Former Employee) Tigard, OR

Prosbenefits, employee discount, great coworkers

Consleadership can be flaky, scheduling

Advice to Senior ManagementBe proactive with scheduling.

I love working at Whole Foods.

Produce Team Member (Current Employee) Westport, CT

ProsGreat environment, management is nice to employees.

ConsSchedule changes greatly week to week.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

A Place Where All Can Come to Grow

Front End Cashier (Former Employee) Maple Grove, MN

ProsReally a beautiful place to work. The starting hourly pay is above the best out of any grocery store/cashier position you can find. Part time and Full time benefits. If this doesn't already sound amazing... a sweet 20% employee discount (liquor store included). I had the pleasure of being brought on to a brand new team just weeks after the store first opened. Everyone, and I mean everyone.. was a good coworker. They also promote from within, and if you're good at what you do, this store acknowledges and rewards you for it. Every shift my managers thanked us for our hard work. The fundraising contests for local and global organizations and schools was among one of my favorite things about this job. They worked with my school schedule too and when I needed time off I always got it. Would recommend this particular store to anyone looking to work and grow together with an awesome team.

ConsThe monotony that comes with being a cashier for any busy company. If you don't mind doing the same thing over and over again and that sort of thing doesn't fry your brain in the long run then there really aren't any cons. Not every Whole Foods Market is run the same as this one. I transferred stores after this one and was brought on to a very unpleasant team and atmosphere.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!