Whole Foods Market

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.6 1,295 reviews

Whole Foods Market co-CEOs John Mackey and Walter Robb

John Mackey and Walter Robb

Pros
  • Whole Foods Market has great benefits and strives to grow their team members(in 162 reviews)

• Great benefits that work on a tier level based on hours you have put in w/the company(in 105 reviews)

Cons
  • Can't speak up for the good team members for fear of being written up or fired(in 145 reviews)

• Team leaders tend to delegate responsibility to lower level managers(in 103 reviews)

1,295 Employee Reviews

Great Place

Grocery Clerk (Former Employee)

ProsGood starting pay, great coworkers, lots of flexibility.

ConsStore was in the midst of a turnaround, a bit disorganized.

Rewarding environment experiencing tremendous growth opportunities.

Team Leader (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExcellent leadership team, from executives down to associate team leaders, Whole Foods Market hires based on emotional intelligence and exudes a strong compassion in caring for one another. Opportunities are endless if you show the will and desire to achieve them.

ConsDecreased regional support as the company experiences rapid growth. Often times too many behind the scenes distractions, which in theory are created to strengthen morale and job skills, take away from our number one goal which is serving our guests.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerpetuate the culture Whole Foods Team Members and guests have come to love while expanding company growth.

I really enjoy working for this company.

ProsThe discount is nice. I also like that I can choose to donate money from my pay check to help whole planet foundation.

ConsTHE PEOPLE WHO SHOP THERE.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

WFM is a great company!

ProsBenefits and work with great people.

ConsStress load and work load

Good company, good benefits, BUT they could easily start at $15.00 an hour.

ProsGreat product knowledge and superior customer service, They actually know about their products and take time to interact with customers to make sure they are finding everything that they are looking for.

ConsPay could be better, good starting out pay but not so generous with raises. Training is poor, they need a better training/education program.

I love working at Whole Foods Market!

Marketing (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsTeam member empowerment in a company driven by values. Plus, who doesn't love being surrounded by food every day?! People gather around food and share so many cultural experiences through food. It's great to explore that, daily.

ConsI can't think of any, except that it can be difficult to get a job there since so many people want so few positions. But we are growing quickly!

fun and friendly

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsThe people were very friendly though the boys more than the girls. everyone seemed really inviting and they really wanted to work where they worked. The company its self is amazing and the values are great.

ConsCertain jobs needed more availability hours but other than that there really was no specific con. once again it is a great company to work for.

Prepared Foods Team Member

ProsGreat people. Good company and benefits

ConsThe company takes a while to get raises

whole foods

Order Selector (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Proseverything is great about the company

Consthe company does not have any cons

Advice to Senior Managementthe management is great and does not need advice

Great Seasonal Employment

Seasonal Specialty Team Member (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsSchedule is super flexible and discount is the best part!

ConsRetail hours are tough when you have a family and lack of regular schedule and hours are hard. Shifts change weekly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your seasonal employees in the loop! It is hard when a seasonal employee isn't there all the time and then we come on shift and have no clue what is going on...

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!