Whole Foods Market

3.6 1,119 reviews

Whole Foods Market co-CEOs John Mackey and Walter Robb

John Mackey and Walter Robb

1,119 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "As well as seeing how leadership is interested in the growth of each of the team members"
    in 122 reviews
  • "Great benefits that work on a tier level based on hours you have put in w/the company"
    in 86 reviews
Cons:
  • "Being one of the more experienced team members I was often assigned to train new"
    in 114 reviews
  • "Very strict company with high standards and sometimes unrealistic expectations for Team Leaders"
    in 87 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Meat Cutter

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

ProsPerfect 1st interview had 2nd interview same day with wage offer great people great energy very different from grocery business ...ordinary ???'s asked. No drug testing so just had to wait for email from hiring manager to confirm everything

ConsI honestly couldn't find anything that would make it a negative job but I'm sure like all other jobs behind the walls is a fulfilled storyline of soap operas lol

Best Job ever

Associate Team Leader (Current Employee)
Cranston, RI

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPositive work environment, enriched training and development for growth. High energy, great place to work

ConsLong hours, and retail is killer

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the positive energy flowing, all TM's will feed off of that

WFM Careers

Administration (Current Employee)
Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFun place to work, career development, easy to advance if you try, time off is good

Consopen 364 days a year

Just started

I have been working at Whole Foods Market

ProsBenefits PTO and more incentives the longer you are with the company

ConsMore pay would be nice

Long wait but worth it!!

Dishwasher for Prepared Foods (Current Employee)
Kailua, HI

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits!! Awesome team members and management^_^ everyone starts at 11.00 no matter what position. I'm sure some people get more if they have the experience but either way it's above average for starting pay in Hawaii.

ConsDon't have no complaints as of now. Just waiting to see how long it will take before I become a full time employee. Hopefully not too long!!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

master solution

Whole Body Team Member (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI put all of my eggs in one basket and this was Wholefoods. You will learn more than imaginable. The blessing is you will fulfill purpose to life seeing lives balance, and your family grows daily.

ConsI left thinking a fresh start would help everyone involved only to realize it still was not over and I still have no verification for all the huge challenges. You will grow to love these guys, and I can not say what side of the wall you live with but know the solution is to create no wall at all. Create balance for the team, and uplift.

Advice to Senior ManagementI guess you have won and fulfilled your purpose for I am close to the place you will not hear my voice again. I truly hope it gave some kind of gain to your life. For without purpose what was it all about? I really thought this would bring down the wall, and I would be able to create a healthy fresh start giving both a fresh start, and I truly have given it my best to try to move ahead. This has not been the case. Two days and I will be facing my greatest challenge of living mobile. When I fill out the applications it is hard to answer because I surrounded my life with the very essence of this business. I will never regret this for it truly is helping countless lives. It just didn't include me and I may never know why but I am very thankful God answered my prayers for your future. Good luck and God Bless your journey. Joni

Great environment and company!

Team Member (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMy favorite thing about working at WFM is the environment! The people who stick around after a few months are the ones who get the culture of the company and are a joy to work with! This doesn't mean you have to be a liberal hippie to fit in, you just need to be a team player and be passionate about the core values. Also, the benefits are very tough to beat! Not only do we get an awesome discount, but the health insurance is amazing. After a few years of being a team member, coverage for you and your family costs nothing! You also get a debit card with over 1000 dollars a year (after working a year) to use for health related expenses for you and your family, even if your family isn't covered by your insurance. This rolls over throughout the years, so you can save for pregnancies and other big expenses.

ConsOne con is that it can take some time to advance into leadership at WFM. This is because there are so many great people and you really have to work hard to make yourself stand out. Transferring to a new store is the best way to move up, as WFM does a great job at hiring from within. Also, the schedules can be all over the place depending on your position, but if you want a consistent schedule then you probably shouldn't be working in retail.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the regional leadership in the South region is doing an awesome job! Keep it up!

Good Place to Work

Whole Foods Juice Bar (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at Whole Foods Market part-time for more than a year

ProsHigher starting out pay than other retail jobs, mobility between departments, great culture

ConsMay be a lot of drama depending on store/department

Wonderfully open environment and supportive team members.

Prepared Foods Team Member (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time for less than a year

ProsOpportunities for growth, benefits, store discount, healthy incentive program to earn higher discount. The company has great values that really shine through the employees and regional management alike.

ConsNot a big focus on training which can be hard for some people but everyone hired seems to be the type of person that learns from doing and does not need to be walked through everything.

A great company and wonderful place to work.

Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee)

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time for less than a year

ProsPositive environment, team setting, decent salary, great leadership.

ConsCustomers can be rude sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncouragement and commendation of employees goes a LONG WAY. Much better than fear as a motivator.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!

Whole Foods Market Videos

Whole Foods Market – Why Work for Us?

​​Our Motto Our motto — Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet — emphasizes that our vision reaches beyond food retailing. In fact, our deepest purpose as an organization is helping support the health, well-being, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whole Foods Market reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Whole Foods Market CEO John Mackey and Walter Robb. All 1,119 reviews posted anonymously by Whole Foods Market employees.