Whole Foods Market Reviews

1 Rating

1. loved working at whole foods

Former Employee - Cashier in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Cashier in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Whole Foods Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

the pay was great and I got sweet discounts on food

Cons

tons of hours and some people sucked to work with

Advice to Management

a fair and even amount of hours given

2. A Wake-up Call

Former Employee - Store Graphic Artist in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Store Graphic Artist in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Merchandise discount
    Convenience to food and groceries
    Travel for training
    Great materials provided
    Low to no cost insurance
    Team appreciation days

Cons

(Unethical and illegal business practices)
    -Teams were built based on partiality, like TMAG, then these pre-selected people would do the hiring and decision making for the entire store. Teams would give out vouchers and awards to people who they liked, not those who necessarily deserved it.(also, this applied to those who were hired)
    -Rampant bullying occurred and went unchecked. It seemed encouraged.
    -Sexual harassment that was probably the worst I have ever encountered in a company. One person had been a serious offender, yet retained their employment due to their popularity. They were finally terminated, but they harassed and intimidated the person who blew the whistle on them for years after the fact. The company was notified and did nothing to help the person being retaliated against. In fact, they were fired later on.
    -Alot of fighting and backstabbing occurred. People deliberately sabotaged others and literally nothing was done to stop the occurrences.
    -I had no assistant, yet begged for years to get one since all other people with my job title had one. They refused. Then I was released and they replaced me with two people. I also later found out that I was the lowest paid person of my job title for that entire time. In other words, they knew one person would have a very hard time doing my job on their own. I eventually burned out which is when they let me go. (after they exploited me for cheap labor)
    -I used my personal cell phone for years to make business calls because they refused to give my office an outgoing phone line.
    - My office was inundated with noxious fumes for years. WFM claims to want to save the planet by doing things to help the environment. It was very different how they treated their employees versus the public. I even had a gas mask to operate the appliances in my office. The fumes made me ill.
    -Once I was asked to tell a provider that we would not pay for his services from a manager.

I realized WFM was selling an image and one that I just could not abide by. Before I worked for them, I admired and liked them. After working for them for nearly three years and after having been through what I have, I won't ever go back to a store. Not for anything.
    I was fired due to something very unfair, illegal and unethical.
    I know they probably do not care that they just fired some person who worked for them, however, for me it is a whole lot more than that. They lost my support. They lost my loyalty. They lost me entirely. That may not mean much to them, but it says alot about me. This is the only company I have ever worked for in which I want nothing to do with again. To me, I know that means that they did too much wrong, not enough right and many things that were just flat out inexcusable.

Advice to Management

Stand up and be accountable
    Follow the law (all of them!)
    Make your employees accountable for wrongdoing and for right-doing
    Enforce policy fairly
    Practice what the company preaches
    Do the right thing, every time
    Treat everyone fairly
    Get a new CEO

3. firing spree

Current Employee - Prepared Foods Cook in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Prepared Foods Cook in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay was good, worked with friends

Cons

terrible managers, accused continuously, worked there for 7 months - never voted on- one review, fired over lies.

Advice to Management

get a grip on your firing reasons.

Whole Foods Market Photos