Wholesale Interiors

New opportunity

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bensenville, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bensenville, IL

I have been working at Wholesale Interiors full-time

Pros

I was given the opportunity to start a new career in online merchandising. I have learned a lot about working with customers, increasing my computer skills and learning a whole new industry. The company is growing very fast and I am happy to be a part of it.

Cons

I don't see any downsides. I got the salary I wanted and a new opportunity.. The office staff seems to be changing and people are friendly now.

Advice to Management

keep opening up new opportunitites

Nice company, good people

Pros

The company is growing quickly, so there are opportunities for hard-working, patient people to gain valuable experience and advance. Everyone is very friendly and helpful - I learned a lot. The health insurance is pretty good.

Cons

There aren't too many cons, other than the fact that pay is a little low and there isn't much paid time off.

Advice to Management

Pay more and/or provide better benefits. This could reduce turnover, which could actually save money in the long-term.

Great place to learn the concept of running a small business and develop level-one/level-two career skill

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Wholesale Interiors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- CEO/Owners are approachable.They provide further training to entry-level employees if the training is applicable to the job. - Employees are friendly. Some of the supervisors are very helpful and are willing to provide assistance outside of their duty. - Company is currently under rapid growth. New opportunities are provided to the ones who are motivated and hard-working.

Cons

- Bad location for commuters from downtown - Just like any other expanding businesses, employee turnover here is high.

Advice to Management

- Increase the salary, without damage to the profit, to attract true talents who care and eventually will make impact on business growth - Develop a structured, formal, well-presented training system for new employees or current employees who are seeking promotion

Disappointing

Pros

Nice people to work with and pay is on time. There is a lot of growth for the business and in profits so there could be some growth for employees too.. Company is stable. but employees do not get enough pay to be able to rent, pay bills, and be able to save for bigger purchases like house. I can't imagine what it is like if you are working here as a single person, I am lucky I am married and my family has two income.

Cons

Questionable hiring . Its odd that most of employees are not just Asian but are 95% immigrants from a few different countries. Very few Americans work here. New hires are always people born in another country. It feels like there is some kind of discriminatory bias due to workers background (country of origin is almost always foreign). The company wants to hire only workers with their citizenship or immersion in a culture other than American. Little diversity.

Advice to Management

Improve work environment. Departments are not good at working together as one big team. Lacking in leadership and direction and there is no team building. Owners should realize that it is not just better pay and better training that will attract and keep good workers. A more happy environment, better organization from the owners and managers, and more often positive feedback for the employees. Nobody is ever given feedback or compliments, it's just all work all the time and you get little to let you know if you did good works. The managers are very focused on their own works and only let you know if they want your help but never to tell you if something you did for them is average, above average, or poor.. Lots of people get fired and never know why and because of this are never given a chance to improve or fix mistakes because there is no feedback from manager. So it is a bad place for personal &career growth, no amount of raises will fix that. Would be nice if owners would stop writing good reviews on here blaming employees for bringing the company down because they are not trained or complaintoo much. Everyone I know as well is really hard working and gets their works done so those reviews dont make sense. If the managers or owners are unhappy with the works they should give the employees a chance to fix things and know what they did wrong instead of firing so many people.

The the place to stay for a long-term career.

Pros

You have nice business hours.

Cons

No stability. The concept of one of the owners is to get rid of an entire department and start all over when things aren't going well. If you have good ideas they will take it, run with it, and then eventually let you go. One of the terrible strategies they use to get ideas is to set up an interview with contractors, designers, etc... and basically pick their brain to get marketing information. So, you have a candidate thinking they are interviewing for a position when in fact they are just there to be used. Someone mentioned that they don't hire people with experience. Well... the reason for that is because they don't pay well.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. I would recommend the owners part ways.

Culture is well below par

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensenville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensenville, IL

I worked at Wholesale Interiors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is positioned nicely in the online furniture space Typical 8-5 M-F work week

Cons

Terrible leadership in every department primarily the two owners the employees are not valued always looking over your shoulder to see when you will be fired "shady" business behavior that lacks quality customer service

Advice to Management

Provide clarity on what the company goals are and allow your employees the opportunity to succeed TRANSPARENCY! avoid the "going in a different direction" nonsense stand for something - be real to yourself

The most disrespect I've ever experienced working for a company...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

Okay pay and benefits and paid on time. Thats it.

Cons

From the start having a horrible bipolar racist manager that would make all his employees cry. To then being managerless for six months and our department being thrown to the wolves and run our own department during a software migration. Finally after obtaining a new manager, that actually respected us and made sense of things, the owners decide to randomly phase out the entire department after the new year. Since being there I witnessed at least 10 people, just in our small department, get fired or were smart and ran out that door. The majorty of the employees would always be gossiping behind your back on the majors side...after being someone that needed my job, was a consistent good employee, and was quiet and respectful despite the circumstances, we all got stabbed in the back in the end. After coming from a company previously I worked for over 3 years never have a seen a company run this way or treat people so disrepecfully. The owners not to even offer any of us a position at this so called "quickly growing company" to phase out the "little guys..." Or did they?? At least if it is in fact phased out, all those accounts will not have to deal with all the ridiculous customer service policies...advice..just stay clear of this place

Advice to Management

Owners, start paying attention to what your employees do for you company. We aren't just a number. Stop the racism and start giving people respect.

Low mentality

Current Employee - Unknown in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Unknown in Chicago, IL

Pros

Pay. One of the managers is very dedicated, oversees most of the work.

Cons

Low mentality of employees, gossiping, co-workers with unbearable agenda.

Advice to Management

Be fair to everyone and keep a straight line.

10. Great company and products

I have been working at Wholesale Interiors full-time

Pros

Fastest place I've ever gotten promoted at. I got to move from a part time job in the store to a full time job in the office in customer service then full time in operations (with a raise each time). I can take on as much workload as I want.

Cons

Company is growing so we are always training people. It's a fifty fifty chance that a person will work out so we can spend a month training and then have to start all over again.

Advice to Management

There needs to be better product training for people that are starting up.

11. This is customer service company

Current Employee - Merchandise Operation Assistant in Bensenville, IL
    Current Employee - Merchandise Operation Assistant in Bensenville, IL

I have been working at Wholesale Interiors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't know what everyone is complaining at Wholesale Interiors. The reason customer service is awful is because the people who left had made it awful. and some of the remaining folks still make it awful. They didn't/don't want to work they wanted to complain and just get a paycheck. Many are young and just don't have a strong work ethic, Ive been here for quite sometime and its fine here, except they have hired some really inexperienced people who just don't actually want do the job they were hired to do. They want to complain its unfair for them not to take a half day off whenever they want or the managers are hand holding them and that they actually have to call customers back. You are in customer service at this company you have to call your accounts. You are hired to do spreadsheets do them. Also the thing with the paper towels. They took them away because people would flush them down the toilet and they would then clog up. Not cool. The owners are fine, they started this company and they are doing the best they can. They are keeping me employed and I'm doing my job. If I come up with something to make things better they give me a cheer. Otherwise I keep my head down and do my work. Also I have never failed to get a bonus. Most companies don't give you that for customer service. Sales maybe but not customer service. I hear there will be some new management in customer service so that may help. And that the hiring practices are going to be tougher, maybe this will weed out the complainers

Cons

Too many new people, hopefully the hiring practices will get stronger. And then their lead times to learn would be less and they can take some of the load. Would like some additional days off the longer I stay at the company.

Advice to Management

Fire the people who don't want to do their job and hire people who actually can do the work. Pay more for the experienced help.

RSS Feed </> Embed