Wilcox Associates

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Richard Wilcox

It's a good place to work.

I have been working at Wilcox Associates

ProsGood team to work with and great environment.

ConsCompensation needs to catch up to standards.

Ok

Rockville, MD

I have been working at Wilcox Associates

ProsI'think it's a good place to work

ConsIt could be to much work load

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

My manager was managing two areas, and in one of them, where I worked, he was totally incompetent

Freelance Contractor (Former Employee)

I worked at Wilcox Associates

ProsRelative flexibility with daily scheduling (almost flex time). The company invested in software tools with the intention of making work more efficient. Compensation was good at the beginning.

ConsMy manager was managing our area as a second job. He was already busy full time with his main area, but the company did not want to hire a separate manager, but decided to add this area to his responsibilities. He had no training and no experience in the tasks that had to be performed, under his supervision. In order for me to work as required, he had to set up certain things, and oftentimes he had no clue, he had to ask the other, more experienced manager, or I had to explain things to him. This wasted a lot of my time. He also preferred discussing things on the phone, as opposed to via email, and getting an answer to a single question could take over an hour (no kidding) because he was unable to focus (he had other things to do, related to his main job), and his answers were often ambiguous. He also had issues in his personal life, and that affected his work (unscheduled absences, lack of attention), and consequently made mine harder. Overall, his behavior seemed unprofessional to me. This struggle went on for about a year, but I worked hard, and they were always satisfied with the quality of work I provided. Then, all of a sudden I was told that from now on, for the same work I would be paid less than half, because the parent company decided to cut costs. On top of this, they treated me with total disrespect when they communicated this information to me. My manager actually lied, he stated the decision was communicated to me a month earlier - it was not. I said goodbye.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you assign new responsibilities to a person who already has other work, make sure the person is able to perform those task. In other words, make sure he/she has the ability and the time to perform those tasks as a professional. If you want to cut costs, please look around and find out how much time is wasted by some people spending hours on the phone or out of the office, sorting out their personal issues, how much time is wasted by incompetency, where things have to be redone.

Worked for Wilcox Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wilcox Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wilcox Associates CEO Richard Wilcox . All reviews posted anonymously by Wilcox Associates employees.