Wild Wing Cafe

Wild Wing Cafe Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Overall, this is a great company to work for in the short-run. Esp. if you're working through school.

Server, Trainer (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFun, Laid back environment. Management is interactive with all employees. Familial atmosphere.

ConsLots of challenging guests. Seasonal ebbs and flows can cause unexpected changes in income during the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter marketing plans designed for stores as individuals rather than sweeping generalized strategies.

It was so-so

Hostess/Server (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFun environment, good staff, enjoyed working with everyone. Most of the management were a joy to work with and the had a very good handle on everything. It was fun talking and meeting new people. There is a live band every weekend all weekend. Most weekend this guy would come in and scream, dance and yell to the band. He was hilarious and a joy to see.

ConsThe people do not realize they are not the only people in the world. Every customer thinks they have priority over each other. The crowds that we attracted were not the most enjoyable crowd.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire on more stable, dependable workers.

It has its good and its bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a really fun place to work. My location, in my opinion, it takes a while for people to warm up to you but once they do the employees are really nice and easy to get along with. Most of the managers are easily approachable and easy to talk to. Its like working with a big happy family.

ConsIn my location I did find a lot of favoritism, certain people got away with things that others would have been fired over. The rules they set are not kept and some employees think they are beyond the rules and management turns their head for their favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementRules that are set for the restaurant should be enforced for ALL employees. Favoritism needs to stop. Perhaps being moved up in the restaurant should involve not only management in the store but also the upper management . People who work hard and go over and beyond should be advanced where as people who dont do their jobs properly should not. You schedule should reflect your performance and should be fair.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall, good company. The managers at my location needed to communicate better.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat atmosphere for a guy to work in - football games, girls, etc. So even if it was dead, there was something to do. The position was a typical server job with prep and side work. I earned respectable tips.

ConsI was "fired" because I had 2 final exams the next day, came into work, talked to a manager about the situation (who said they would be fine without me), and left. I came back to check my schedule for the next week and was told I'd been fired for not showing up to my shift. Probably could have gotten my job back if I raised hell, but it wasn't worth the hassle.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop charging $0.25 for every ranch or blue cheese in excess of the first one. Either limit it at 3, or get bigger souffle cups. Doing what you do now makes the company seem very uptight and nitpicky, and the time wasted ringing these in and getting them from the kitchen to run them to the table is absolutely ridiculous. It ends up costing you more than $0.25 worth of customer satisfaction in the long run.

Worked for Wild Wing Cafe? Contribute to the Community!