Wildfire Interactive

Wildfire Interactive Reviews

4.2

Wildfire Interactive Founder & CEO Victoria Ransom
Victoria Ransom

Pros
  • I am allowed to work for myself as much as I want but it always feels like I am a part of something bigger (in 3 reviews)

• Great people with a serious drive (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Pressure to "work"--aka be in the office--for long hours (in 9 reviews)

• I think that WF is just experiencing some growing pains (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Wildfire has turned into my second home, and a great passion point.

Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive

Pros

The senior leadership is brilliant-- Harvard Business School, Stanford Business School, UPenn, Dartmouth, the works. They're entrepreneurial success stories before Wildfire and bring their success to Wildfire. They're smart and inviting, warm and welcoming. It's a fantastic thing to work under them and learn from their experience.

The team is fun— we do skew on the younger side, but that gives Wildfire a fresh outlook, one that is progressive, forward thinking, adaptable, and flexible.

The product is great. While it very nearly sells itself, the engineering and product teams are tirelessly working to always update it, always brainstorm ways to add functionality and keep bringing our tools and our company to the forefront of the industry.

The camaraderie is unsurpassed: I've never worked in an environment where its so palpable, this spirit, like a force that runs through the space and all of its employees, that we're in this together and every contribution is felt if not seen. I treasure this place, and I have worked in other places and for other companies that had multinational presences and hundreds of thousands of employees.

Cons

We're growing so fast, its hard to keep up. There are always new faces, which is nice, but its near impossible to keep track of the changing roles and new people.

We're hiring people straight out of school, and there's so many of them that the vibe in those *greener* departments can get cliquey, and at times unprofessional. More attention to "culture training" and professionalism (even in a workplace as unstructured and free-thinking as ours) will help to get a better handle on this.

A continued emphasis on professional development for your team will be really well-received. Thanks for always being transparent with us, especially during the all-hands meetings, and quarterly retrospectives. Also we appreciate how accessible you are to everyone. You make it a fantastically rewarding place to be.

Really Awesome People!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive

Pros

The people are hands down the coolest, smartest people I've ever worked with. I really like the way that Wildfire treats its employees - we all work a lot but have fun too! I like the career progression opportunities at WF as well.

Cons

I think that WF is just experiencing some growing pains. I think they're currently sorting out a lot of processes like the outdated vacation day policy and once they do it will be awesome!

Great Culture & Great Opportunity - Bad Benefits

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive

Pros

There is a lot of potential to grow with the company.
    You are given freedom to run your book of business as you see fit.
    Management is very open to information sharing; all employees know where the company stands.
    Exposure to different departments - communication between Engineering, Ops, Biz Dev, Sales is regular.

Cons

The new healthcare insurance plans need improvement, they ignore covering Employees+Spouses but provide coverage for Employee+Families, this increases my out of pocket healthcare expenses significantly. The recent change in sales compensation plans was designed to restructure the company for growth so we could add more engineers and account service people, but I'd say some of that savings needs to go into improved benefits.

When you start in a sales roll, there is a lot to learn and you have to be agile because things can change quickly. It's still a start-up scrappy culture so you have to be able to adapt to changes and take initiative.
    The account fallout system is designed to make sure employees who start today vs. a couple years ago have the same opportunity for success, however it's frustrating for new sales employees to see how there are no top tier brands to call on anymore (set expectation during interview better).

Keep innovating and promoting smart people. Improve benefits to include Employee+Spouse coverage.

The people and atmosphere are unbelievably awesome

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive

Pros

The culture is superb-- everyone is friendly, energetic, excited to be there. No matter how many new people get added, you can always feel that "Wildfire" vibe. Very scrappy, it helps that you can wear whatever you want, people express their comfort in happy ways.

Cons

Beginning to experience growing pains, going from completely flat to more hierarchical management. Unclear policy on lunch or time outside of office leads to confusion about what is "appropriate."

Great culture+ Great People + Great Work= Great Job

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive

Pros

Never a shortage of work and projects, so you're always kept busy. But, there's no external pressure compelling work to get done. The company culture is just so amazing that people want to get stuff done (and at a high level!) to better the organization. That type of behavior is infectious and really forces everyone to try their best and grow. The company's growth is amazing and makes you feel like you are part of something really special.

Cons

As it's a start-up, resources are tight. Be cognizant of that and sure that's what you want.

Be more transparent about the compensation/options package- it'd be nice to understand how our compensation compares to others in the industry. Beyond that, keep on doing what you're doing!

Delivering Happiness...

Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive

Pros

The level of humility within the company allows individuals to perform at their very best. The path is unclear but we have the right people on the bus. Wherever we go, it will be a fun ride!

Perks:
    Limitless potential, free snacks, spontaneous outings, no micro-management, awesome training and a keg on the third floor... All mixed in a bowl of passionate and friendly people!

Cons

Benefits could be better. Many roles wear multiple hats. Managers should be proven performers but have equally weighted experience in managing.

Why the pros outweigh the cons (by a lot!):
    Growing pains are beginning to surface but this type of growth is hard to find so enjoy the ride while you can!

You already know... Keep trying to make us even happier!!

- Continue to listen
    - Keep management as flat as possible
    - Upgrade benefits package (vision, comps, etc.)

Great Company

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Great company becoming even better with the acquisition.
    -Free food and transportation to/from San Francisco is great.
    -Awesome people.
    -Co-founders are awesome.
    -Career development opportunities.

Cons

-Leadership has been an ongoing issue. It's definitely gotten better but giving out one management review doesn't cut it. People are transferring off of the Client Services team because management is lacking. Some managers on the team are fantastic but top leadership is inexperienced. We got rid of one poor manager and now we have someone who has gotten increasingly cocky and disconnected with the team. We need someone who can guide us on how to succeed and meet goals.

-Please remember that Wildfire/Google should be a flat organization. Be responsive to your team and stop acting like you are better than everyone else. Keep listening!

So thankful for this company!

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time

Pros

Great growth opportunity and transparency

Cons

not as well known in the marketplace but that is changing.

Keep doing what your doing!

Great experience, with a few rough spots, from start-up to acquisition

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive

Pros

Great Co-founders really set the tone of excellence through humility. Lots of young, hungry, smart people work here and that's a great thing. Everyday is a learning experience. I love my job and look forward to coming in every day. People around me always work hard so that pushes me to do the same. After work there is always someone with something going on, which is great and helps build the important team spirit.

Cons

Middle management across the company could use some training/work but processes have been put into place. Salaries/options were low across the board (but that doesn't matter too much with the acquisition now). The youthfulness of the staff can also lead to some immature handling of inter-office situations but this isn't all that common.

Communicate more/better especially with bad news, don't be wishy-washy.

Great Company

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing, Acquired by Google, Great Culture

Cons

Misalignment of resources. Junior Sales people

Wildfire Interactive Photos