Wildflower Bread Company

Wildflower Bread Company Reviews

Updated Jan 28, 2014

Wildflower Bread Company President Louis Basile

Louis Basile

A great place to call home.

Cashier (Current Employee)
Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wildflower Bread Company part-time for less than a year

ProsAmazing staff. They become family. Fun, happy customers, and a fast paced environment that makes the time go by fast. Easy to pick up or have shifts covered. I also love that our left over bread is donated to those less fortunate.

ConsNot many. This is a good job if you're willing to work hard.

One Big Dysfunctional Company - Horrible

Breadhead (for Real, Isn't That Cute?) (Former Employee)

I worked at Wildflower Bread Company full-time for less than a year

Prossome of the regular customers are very nice.

ConsI began working in restaurants at age 15 busing tables at a high end place in NY and worked my way up to managing a VERY busy place in NYC so I know how busy and stressful the biz is …. my job here was an absolute nightmare. There is no training at all, just loads of managers telling you to do three things at once. I received no training on the POS system, rather another employee stood over me and did all the transactions at lightening speed. I could not even see what they were doing. When I was asked to do the register it was a PEAK time with tons of people waiting, looking at me like I was an idiot for not knowing the system. They give you no time to do side work and when you shift is scheduled to be over you have to stay and do your side work then, One day the manager made three people stay to wrap silverware, problem was the dishwasher left an hour earlier and there was no clean silverware. I had to stand there listening to two young workers complain up and down till I finally went in the back and sorted the bus boxes myself so one of the many managers could wash it. I was only there a week and on four of my five shifts I left over two hours past my scheduled end time because the place was so understaffed. (Crazy I know but I have a hard time abandoning my co-workers). The last day I was there was a holiday, the place was mobbed, and three people called in sick. (says a lot about company moral)! I worked 9 1/2 hours straight with no break! When i asked one manager, who knew how long I had been there, if I could leave, she told me to ask another manager if I was allowed to go. I wish I had laughed in her face but I was so shocked. Other employees told me this was the norm. I think the managers have some incentive to keep payroll down (for the lowest paid workers) because they have tons of managers on all the shifts and not nearly enough service workers to actually to the work. They are one of those companies with the whole 'philosophy" thing and they require you to complete this ridiculous "journey" workbook on your own time. All around a fiasco. For 10 bucks an hour!

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend a day in your place watching what's really happening and forget your fancy handbook and catch phrases.

great people; however horrible management from the CEO to general managers

I have been working at Wildflower Bread Company full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat people, "breadheads" are a family

Conshorrible pay, pay new people more than old people. no communication from upper management

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Wildflower Bread Company full-time for less than a year

ProsI really loved the company, the owner, and all the both stood for. They really value their employees and the community and want to do well for all. The food is great--something an employee can really be proud of. We also got discounts at the restaurants.

ConsI didn't feel the pay was equal to the work volume I turned out. The concerns/complaints I brought to my boss were not dealt with, resulting in a very stressful work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when they bring concerns to you.

Great company, Great work atmosphere

Breadhead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wildflower Bread Company part-time for more than a year

Pros-Constantly busy so the time goes by quickly without you even knowing
-Food you can become passionate about because its SO good
-Friendly managers and staff
-You can usually always get the shifts you want and managers are great about accommodating
schedule requests
-The customers LOVE Wildflower and are excited to be there. It's fun to get to know the regulars and you will develop relationships with them quickly.

Cons-starting pay is a little on the low side, but not compared to most jobs of the same nature
-if you don't have a positive attitude and enjoy talking to people all day, you won't like this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing! The seasonal menu items are exciting for everybody.

Family environment

Breadhead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wildflower Bread Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI have been reading some of the reviews on our company and I am disappointed in some of the comments. I have been working for this company for about 3 1/2 years and at many different locations. I have enjoyed working at each and every one. The food is awesome. The bread is hand made with care and precision. The people are great to work with, not to mention our awesome founder louis basile. He is the best person I have ever worked for. He is kind. He is inspiring. He is innovative and he does something that other ceo's and founders dont do...and thats care about the people who work for him.

ConsOf course there are cons but this company only has a couple, some of the managers and staff make it unbarible to work with. Yet, thats going to happen wherever we work. There is always going to be someone that we dont like to work with. Thats just life, but its all fixable it just takes time to weed out the bad seeds and people who dont really love everything about this amazing company. And so my advice below is for everyone not just management.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you dont like working here and love everything about this company...please make it easier on the rest of us who love this company and cherish our jobs and please find a new place to work that would suit you more. I dont want to sound demanding but this is our company and those who dont like the way its ran should find a more suitable job so the rest can enjoy it more!

Defined by Passion

I have been working at Wildflower Bread Company

ProsThis company is committed to defining itself through being a Values driven organization and is more than about just feeding people, it is about feeding the soul.

ConsThere are lots of growing pains within the company and this can cause stressful working conditions combined with confusion.

Fast pace but enjoyable.

Server (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wildflower Bread Company

ProsFriendly co workers, managers were willing to work with schedules for time off, all about customer service.

ConsAlways working at a very fast pace.

Wildflower Bread Company

I have been working at Wildflower Bread Company

ProsPassion and commitment of senior leadership team

ConsNo work/life balance. You are "on" 24/7

Advice to Senior ManagementFocvus on key projects and set a long-term strategy for the Company. Find some balance between work and personal.

It's like working for loan shark.

Manager (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wildflower Bread Company

Prosthe food is good..but when something screws up we end up giving it away to the customer hoping they dont email a nasty letter in. if they do we get written up reguarlesss

Consthey are so cheap. we just lost all of our employee meal discounts, 401k matching and cut backs on our health benifits...all of our store managers are wonding how much longer the company can hold on.

Advice to Senior Managementsell out to another company that has the cash/financial resources to really make this company grow. we don't really think the owners have the employee needs in mind

Worked for Wildflower Bread Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wildflower Bread Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wildflower Bread Company CEO Louis Basile. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Wildflower Bread Company employees.