Willamette Dental Group

Eugene Skourtes

Dental Assistant

Current Employee - Dental Assistant  in  Springfield, OR
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Springfield, OR

Pros

Very friendly company and helpful. Great Benefits. The office’s harmonious atmosphere and each patient is assured of a personal one on one relationship with the doctor and staff. I am very excited about the possibility of joining your team.

Cons

First pace and busy office work. The computer software system is not easy for users and it will take a while to learn all the editing entries.

I work with great people and have wonderful benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Pros

I find all the employees to be friendly and extremely helpful. The owner of WDG, Dr. Skourtes, really cares about his employees, this shows through in the benefit package and how he rewards for years of service.

Cons

I am completely happy with this company, pay could always be better.

Innovative, great company to work for

Current Employee - Management  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Management in Hillsboro, OR

Pros

Senior management cares about living our vision, which is to be the employer and provider of choice.

Cons

Would like to see more flexibility in work hours

Continue to listen to your employees. You're doing a great job; keep it up.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company passionate about their community

Pros

The company is extremely passionate about the health of their patients.

Cons

Like a majority of the other reviews, I would have to agree with the pay. The starting pay for Management is quite low compared to other facilities.

Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Practice Manager  in  South Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in South Seattle, WA

Pros

Willamette is true to their beliefs and core values. The Owner and Senior Management are very passionate about making sure the providers in the offices practice evidence based dentistry and truly have the best interest of the patients and employees in mind. The continuing education provided to the employees shows their committment to excellence and personal growth for their staff. They have high expectations of employees, but only because they want the best experience for their patients.

Cons

With over 50 offices it is difficult to implement things quickly. Even so, with the support and enthusiasm of the staff, things like EHR and digital x-rays have been undertaken and are making life much easier for all!

PMs are expected to be "on call" for their office staff and emergencies at the clnics during all hours of the day/night/weekends/holidays but we are still not reiumbursed for cell phone usage.

During times of remodel and rebranding, take suggestions from clinical and non-clinical staff and patient comments into consideration. Reception areas need areas for children to play. Comments and ratings from our patient surveys repeatedly speak to this. Break rooms that accommodate all staff are needed since lunch time is taken together and not staggered.

Willamette Dental Group provides evidence based care in a genuinely kind and caring clinic environment

Pros

It is amazing to work for a company that provides indepth training and support to ensure success. Continuous improvement and learning creates a team whose focus is on patient concerns and happiness.

WDG is a progressive growing company and incredible place to have a career.

Cons

As a company we are just beginning to understand the importance of sharing who we are and the career opportunities within the organization.

Great place to work - Truly the employer and provider of choice!

Pros

There is a great culture here, both at the office level as well as the administrative corporate level. The Company's values run throughout the system. The benefits are fantastic and get better the longer you are with the company. The company truly cares about the company and the patients. They expect you to be involved in your own community wherever the office is at. The treatment philosophy for patients is truly based on evidence and really helps the patients to be healthier - not just oral healthwise, but their overall health as well.

Cons

The organization doesn't always put the brightest and best on every project. They tend to give projects and committee work to individuals centered near the Administrative home office which at times means that remote offices are not always considered appropriately when making policy decisions and process changes.

If you want to keep the best leaders at this company who run the offices, they need to be treated more like medical office administrators and be compensated more like medical office administrators. Salaries are roughly half of what could be made in a private medical practice.

Practice Mgr position is surprisingly empowered, as are most positions within Willamette.

Current Employee - Practice Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

Benefits excellent! Training Resources exceptional! The company actively promotes learning and development which leads to growth opportunities. Practicing excellent patient care is an accountability across the board, regardless of your position.

Cons

As nimble and technically advanced as we are, we tend to be slow to implement the aesthetics that make our offices feel more modern and allow us to create similar experiences to other practices in our areas. That said, we do just about everything else right including going live with our EHR at all 54 practices, at the same time.

Amazing Culture, Fast-paced, Exceptional direction from CEO

Current Employee - Practice Manager
    Current Employee - Practice Manager

Pros

Leading innovators in Evidence based dentistry, work-life balance is fantastic, ability to share your ideas to Senior Management or CEO and see those changes. Healthcare cost increased, CEO took the burden to ensure all employees had low monthly premiums. You get to work with some of the brightest, most innovative and hard-working/diligent minds in the industry.

Cons

Personal growth when you get into management can be improved. Moving to Portland for advancement is not appealing.

Love additional committees. Continue to reach out to support staff for their ideas. Dr. Skourtes, continue to be accessible to all.

Working at Willamette

Pros

Willamette Dental has good sick leave and vacation policy, excellent benefits and descent compensation. The best part of working there were the people I worked with.

Cons

Can't think of any right now. I didn't want to leave but had to due to family circumstances.

Invest more in workforce development.

Worked for Willamette Dental Group? Contribute to the Community!