Willamette Dental Group

Updated December 18, 2014
Updated December 18, 2014
4.3

Eugene Skourtes

I have been with Willamette Dental for about 3 months, I love the atmosphere, culture and focus on health.

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working here as a manager because you are given all the resources needed to complete your job well. The administration is there for you to answer any and all questions. The support staff for managers is easily accessible and prompt in answering questions that may come up. I came from out side the dental communitity and was welcomed and taught the routines and culture of Willamette Dental in a proactive and positive way.

Cons

It would be great to have more trainings for office level staff and clinicians in group settings.

Keep doing what you are doing. Being a support system to all staff.

Dec 15, 2014Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! We value your feedback and we’re glad to hear you’ve had a positive experience working at Willamette Dental Group.

Fun, change oriented, forward-thinking work atmosphere

Current Employee - Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have only been here five years and there have been numerous positive changes, including improvements to scheduling, general customer service, and administrative functions. They are always looking at process and things can come into better alignment with the company's direction. The company is definitely a meritocracy--if you prove your capabilities and work ethically and hard, you will be recognized.

Cons

Not really a con for me but may be for others--if you are not a person who enjoys rapid and consistent change, this may not be the place for you.

Dec 15, 2014Recruitment Coordinator

Dishonest, all for show company.

Former Employee - Lead PSR in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Lead PSR in Portland, OR

I worked at Willamette Dental Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, good employees. Great doctors. PTO, sick and holiday pay. A lot of fun marketing merchandise

Cons

Over worked, under paid. Accelerated schedules which created a horrible patient experience. Throwing retail products down the patient's throats for extra profit. Horrible bonus program. Hourly wage dollars less than competitors.

Practice Manager

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits package, senior management support, evidence based philosophy. Opportunity for growth and development, career support

Cons

Would like Practice Managers to get cell phone benefit. I use my personal cell phone primarily for work.

Admin and Office disconnect

Current Employee - Dental Assistant
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A challenging place to work offering competitive pay and benefits for several choices of dental settings to work in. Willamette hires newbies just out of school and seasoned professionals. They offer general dentistry, ER and specialty offices. A large company moving with the times and trying to keep up with the latest technology. While it's not the most generous company to work for I won't complain because it does offer a place to do an honest days work for the pay.

Cons

There is general acknowledgement within offices that there is a huge disconnect between administration and office life. Management seems messy.

Policies are in place, really nice benefits, choice of schedule to fit personal preferences, but management is lacking. The day to day care from management is not present. The staff doesn't feel like it has a voice or getting the attention it wants. I like my co workers and office but I don't have a leader.

Great opportunities for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

WDG is truly passionate about proactive dental care. The Hillsboro Admin has some truly great people to work with.

Cons

WDG is not among the top payers for its non-clinical positions in the industry.

Lead Dental Assistant

Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Guaranteed hours, New hire training, continuing eduation, investment in employees, company mission of prevention.

Cons

No digital xrays yet.

Bus passes for employees would be very helpful. Larger wage increase between general/lead titles for hygienist/assistants.

Positive experience

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very flexible schedule, wonderful co-workers, a company that is continuously working to improve itself and provide excellent care for patients. Tuition reimbursement and promotional opportunities available to employees

Cons

The only negative I can really even think of is a requirement to work one Saturday a month. Working at 7AM is early, but only needing to work 4 days a week to be full time really turns that into a positive instead of a negative!

Best Job for the Dental Hygienist

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Yakima, WA
    Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Yakima, WA

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stability- Probably the longest tenured group at WDG are the hygienists.
    Reliability - You will get your hours no problem
    Opportunity for growth - Multiple ways in which you will be able to grow within the company if you choose
    Compensation - More than fair in most areas, with annual reviews (no guaranteed raise) that are fair and objective
    Recognition - multiple areas in which you will be recognized on the local and company wide levels
    Rewards - Annual holiday party both regional and company wide. Gifts for jobs well done. Generous bonuses given for important criteria including giving great customer service.
    Generous PTO and 4 day work-weeks allow for lots of vacationing and relaxation to allow for family time which is emphasized regularly.
    Solid company values including breaking the disease cycle and empowering the patients to take control of their own oral health. Focus on prevention not drill and fill.

Cons

10 hour days? some could see that as a negative. I supposed each office has their quirks but I feel that is mostly a localized personnel problem and not a reflection of the company as a whole.

There is a good initial start in the training of new employees. I would like to see more emphasis on in-office procedure and rules being followed, through office visits by appointees of senior management.

Dental Assistant

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Springfield, OR
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Springfield, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly company and helpful. Great Benefits. The office’s harmonious atmosphere and each patient is assured of a personal one on one relationship with the doctor and staff. I am very excited about the possibility of joining your team.

Cons

First pace and busy office work. The computer software system is not easy for users and it will take a while to learn all the editing entries.

Willamette Dental Group Photos