Willbros

Add Photos

Willbros President, CEO, COO, and Director Randy Harl

Randy Harl

Supportive Environment

Cost Controls (Current Employee)

I have been working at Willbros full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat management and everyday is a new opportunity.

ConsYou have to put in a lot of hours and you usually travel a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat training and support.

Great People work here

GIS Drafter I (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Willbros full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people work at Willbros. They treated me well when I first joined. The company is certainly looking forward and my co-workers were very responisive when I asked for help. Pay was right on point as well as the benifits. I enjoyed working at the company.

ConsProjects were sometimes slow. People were constantly moving back and forth between offices. If you needed help on a certain task, you would would have to wait and that puts you back when you want to get something completed.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people for the position. If you have multiple people you can split the task and you'll be able to get it done. Don't let people go so quickly.

Senior Piping Designer

Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee)

I worked at Willbros full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPays well. You have Friday off.

ConsThey have different rules for different people. It's who you smoke, hunt, fish or drink with. If you are not one of the good ole boys you won't make it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't believe everything middle management tells you.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good job done right, on time.

Materials/Accounts Receiver (Current Employee)
George West, TX

I have been working at Willbros full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat room for advancement opportunities, Relaxed/open door policy, management is very responsive to concerns.

ConsCommunication breakdown is a trademark. Deadlines and policies are not strictly imposed or adhered to.

Market Research Analyst - Finance and Administration Department

Market Research Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Willbros full-time for less than a year

ProsReally nice coworkers
Great Upper Management
Relaxed working environment

ConsAverage age of employees is high
Sometimes there is a lack of motivation

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on keepin' on...

Terrible, inexperienced, uneducated leadership. Low pay for long hours.

I T & Sharepoint Administrative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Willbros full-time for more than a year

ProsLaid back, don't seem to care if you really do your job or not.

Plenty of opportunity to learn what NOT to do when running a project.

ConsLeadership - every level.

Low Pay - no chance for a raise with this company. If you ask, they will ignore you or tell you that you should be happy to have a job at all.

This company doesn't know a good thing when they have it. They let one of a kind employees go without noticing what they are losing until it's too late.

Pointless "Safety" company premier works super hard to snuff out your workers comp and insurance claims. They've actually hired a 3rd party company to screw you over if you get hurt.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace management ASAP.

Employees Should Unionize

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Willbros full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompetitive wages, numerous offices nationwide.

ConsBelow average benefits, dictator management style, adversarial relationships between offices, expect and require employees to work from home on the weekends, holidays and during vacation by providing laptops and smart phones.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign offices with single operations & management plans, replace group "managers" with leaders who understand that employees are the true assets of the company.

Willbros Constuction (U.S.), LLC has some of the worse top managers who sadly have no clue how to manage

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Willbros

Pros- Those who are not management, the ones that actually do a good job running what is left of that place.
- Location - near the Galleria though traffic can get bad.

ConsMismanagement of employees, arrogant clueless overpaid so called "leaders" who claim to care about the people; all lies. All top management is really doing is just destroying what could be a good LLC.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn what's underneath all the dirt before making ignorant decisions.

An internship experience that guided me to success.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Willbros

ProsAs a Finance major with uncertainty in what I wanted to do in the future, Willbros brought me in as an intern and gave me vast exposure to various aspects of the business, ranging from working on projects with IT to financial analysis and reporting to general accounting. Great work environment-- my employees assisted me with any questions I had, no matter when or where. Great leadership-- the employees were more than qualified and were well-experienced with their roles.

ConsWould have liked more interaction with different business units and gone out to the field to see first-hand on the pipeline construction but not necessarily a con.

Good company

I have been working at Willbros

ProsPay is pretty good here.

ConsUpper management doesn't care about the people that are in field making the money for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people that deserve it. Not the ones that do nothing but have been there longer

Worked for Willbros? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Willbros reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Willbros CEO Randy Harl. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Willbros employees.