William O'Neil & Co

quarterly bonus
    work from home
    paid sabbaticals
    dog friendly environment
    Multi-cultural Santa during holidays gives gifts to all employee children
    Stock options
    Be your own boss
    Easy money
    little work required
    free in-office massages
    free coffee and pressed juice
    Life coaching
    On-site barbershop and salon
    Rock wall
    Free alcohol on Friday
    Corporate uber account
    Free laundry and dry cleaning pickup delivery
    Fun classes
    Company Cruise
    Annual Department retreats at corporate ranch in Jackson Hole
    Team building exercises on company yacht: “CAN $LIM”
    breakfast/lunch/dinner paid for
    onsite child care
    everyone has an assistant
    free Samsung cell phones and Microsft surface tablets
    charity donation match
    free corporate jet travel (when available)
    tons of vacation (work hard/ play harder)
    generous child education allowance
    summer camp for employee kids
    car detailing service for all employees
    meditation rooms and prayer rooms

Consthey don't 401k match :(

Keep doing what you do....UGH

Account Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsSales Management has total confidence as they drive this once great company into the ground with huge turnover and massive reduction in expenses including commissions and salaries.

ConsWON was built on long standing relationships with all the major buy side institutions. The new direction is to hire "hunters" with promises of $300K salaries to knock on doors for 6 months and if it doesn't work out, then you were not the right type, sorry. No mention of overpriced products that have become nearly obsolete and are driven by the founder and president who is completely out of touch and have never worked at any other firm in the last 20yrs. The president of the division only focuses on WON part time, while the main responsibility is to oversee PMs trading the firms assets.

Advice to Senior ManagementInteresting how the Advice to Management in each positive review is Keep doing what your doing? If you are going to plant positive reviews (since you cannot find one AM who is happy) at least change up the advice to management so that it is not so obvious.

Solid Place to Work

Account Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAwesome products the company has been around for 50 years but is still an innovator when it comes to new products for Asset Managers
    You get the chance to interact with a stock market legend every Monday morning. The owner of the firm will answer any salesperson question about the market or a particular stock
    A chance to meet the worlds top Asset Managers
    Superior Managemenent who know the equity markets they always are willing to help you close a sale
    Outstanding training
    Top commission plan ( in the 40% range)
    If you can sell they let you go wherever you want and build your own book of business
    My favorite thing about this company is the work hard play hard mentality. Those who put in an a solid effort are rewarded.

ConsNot much I see people complain about no 401k match but they do something even better. They put money in a trading account and you can trade off of the firms equity ideas. I would rather have that than a lousy 2% match that gets swallowed up by a mutual fund fee.
    This is not a 9-5 job unlike the sell side shops where you must study 4-5 stocks at WON you must be an an expert in not only the US but also the emerging & developed markets.

The cameras in the office are a big turnoff

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are going WON is a awesome place to work. Keep up the positive attitude and atmosphere.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What Would Bill Think?

Account Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThis firm has a 50 year history, from it's original brokerage days to the founding of IBD and the methodology that has captured so many disciples.

ConsManagement, Management, Management! Dare I say it again! An earlier review mentioned the senior person as the architect, which holds true with this firm. Along with mini-me, he has carved out his own method for selling what would otherwise be a great product for investors. This, coupled with the way they treat their sales force(lowest comp on the street, constant monitoring via office cameras), has led to sizable turnover(200%) in the 4 years on their watch.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the sake of the firm, resign.

21st Century Battle of Little Big Horn

Account Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFirm uses methodology developed by it's fonder to identify growth stocks for institutional investors. Great group of people with the exception of two key people.

ConsJust like to soldiers of the 7th Cavalry Regiment, the sales force of this firm were recruited to sell a proven product to institutional investors. Unfortunately they were led by a leader like General Custer, overconfident and narcissistic, feeling his research product was superior to that of any bulge bracket firm. In the recruitment process he led all the potential recruits to believe that that would be taken care of (well compensated) for their efforts on the battlefield. Unfortunately for this sales force, they may meet the same end, while Custer lives on.

Advice to Senior ManagementGeneral Custer should resign his commission, as his battlefield promotion was a bad call by management.

Looking for Institutional Sales Position--Don't Trust Positive Reviews --Verify With Actual Sales People

Account Manager Institutional Sales (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIf you can sell technical stock recommendation you can sell anything! Wgat a test of your skills this company is. This company is responsible for turning the chart trading craft from the 50's into a modern day trading methodology used by the retail market. They did for "cup with handle" what Apple did to the cell phone. Marketing geniuses in my opinion!

ConsStocks come on and off recommend list sometimes 2-3 times a day. If you are in the industry already, you know how much institutional investors look for conviction in stock recommendations and cannot have this sort of turn-over in their portfolio's. It is my opinion that recommendation are not made with clients best interest in mind but the companies best interest.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is not accountable. Ethically you have to question buy/sell recommendations just based on their questionable management decisions. If you want to turn public opinion around, change how you treat employee and don't waste time writing positive reviews.

Don't make the same mistake I made, stay away!

Account Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWith the exception a two senior people, a great group of individuals. Interesting niche product for institutional investors.

ConsTwo people run the show at the firm, the company yes-man executes, but the man on top is the architect of what will mean an end to this company. Until their arrival, the firm did well, with continued growth and a dedicated well-seasoned sales team. Almost immediately the sales force had their compensation cut. An earlier review mentioned the guy running sales, comparing him to the character of Alec Baldwin from Glengarry, which is quite accurate. He belittles each and ever salesperson, and rather than helping them, works against them. The architect is well aware that this man is reviled throughout the firm, but rather than make the necessary change, let's him do whatever he pleases.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want the firm to grow, cost cutting isn't the answer. Step down from your positions, to make room for a capable management team.

Business Analyst

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAllows work from home for some position.

ConsBelow par pay, declining benefits, no matching 401k, many rounds of lay off to cut costs

Advice to Senior ManagementNo sure management is willing or able to take advice. Best producers are laid off. Staff that plays to management vanity are the ones that survive in this company, which is no way to run a company in the long run.

Great Company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company, great staff and you will learn a lot. They have their own parking space. Provide with all types of benefits such as health care, dental, 401k (not matching).

ConsNo bonuses, small wage increases, 401k not matched.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore growth opportunities.

Good!But the office building setting at least the office I worked in , there is no window

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery nice co workers, they will answer any of your questions when they have time. They are very professional and I believe you will learn as much as you ask.

ConsNo windows in some offices.
    Too stuffy sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore individual talk to create customized job training.

Worked for William O'Neil & Co? Contribute to the Community!