Williams International

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gregg G. Williams

A pleasant working environment

Pro-e Senior Mechanical Designer (Former Employee)
    Ogden, UT

ProsFuture potential outlook is promising

ConsCannot think of any challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot enough experience to offer a valid opinion

Good place to learn and work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA good place to experience design, engineering, testing and manufacturing all under one roof. Also offered a great work life balance.

ConsSmaller company with limited promotion opportunities.

Excellent family owned business

ProsFair treatment of employees, good benefits, exciting products and growth opportunities. Three locations, two in the US, and one in Mexico. Michigan location primarily engineering, R&D, and R&O. Utah is design to production facility. Mexico is labor-intense low-technology production facility geared for cost reduction.

ConsSmall company with limited growth opportunity beyond lower management. Many educated and highly competent employees competing for a few positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Internship

Prosgood sense of community
    Work on real projects
    Everyone is willing to help explain things
    Work with full time employees

Consdirection of projects changed frequently
    old facility
    Generation gap (It's getting a lot better though)
    Directions on what to do and how to do it are sometimes unclear

Gained good experience from the internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay is relatively competitive

ConsThe facility is a bit outdated

A great summer internship

Expansion Division (Current Employee)
    Walled Lake, MI

ProsRelaxed atmosphere, lenient managers, and an open-ended project made me enjoy my internship in the expansion group. There were also fun activities for the interns: most of the employees were pretty cool.

ConsNot much to complain about, other than a rather unclear expectation of my work. It took me almost the whole summer to compile the analysis program I was working on, and got little help from supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much: good job.

Great in the begining, very sad at the end

Director Total Assurance Program (Former Employee)
    Walled Lake, MI

ProsSmall private high tech company that can offer rapid advancement

ConsA major change in company culture when the founder passed away. In my opinion; as rapidly as you can advance, you can be terminated for apparently any reason. In my opinion I was terminated for being too successful and making too much money on a commission bases. My job functions were passed to much younger employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of being overzealous of ones accomplishments; focus more on what is best and more productive for the company. Show more integrity, less arrogance, and greater appreciation of your high performing employees, as they are hard to come by.

Lack of real potential

Lead Engineer (Former Employee)
    Walled Lake, MI

ProsAdvanced technologies and tools to work with.

ConsThe company is small and subject to the whims of the owner. Be prepared to be dissapointed in any for of advancement as well as the very poor decision makings of upper management. Constant lay-offs and the owners propensity to listen to those not in the jet engine business make this to be one stressful job at all levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreg Williams should come to the logical conclusion he is not nor will he ever be his father, his thoughtless decisions have cost hundreds their jobs and the company valuable business and resources.

Very traditional engineering culture, large generation gap, good sense of community

Intern (Current Employee)
    Walled Lake, MI

ProsIt's a smaller company, so it's easy to build strong relationships and the community is generally pretty friendly. Most department managers are pretty approachable.

ConsThe company has a very traditional culture and is not very progressive. There is also a large generation gap between the older and younger engineers. Unrelated to the company, but the surrounding area is pretty suburban and boring, and therefore isn't very accommodating for the younger employees. Williams is also in an industry that is subject to reduced revenue due to the recession, and therefore the job security is not guaranteed.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in younger engineers, as many of the current employees are nearing retirement. Younger employees may also improve the progressiveness of the company.

Lack of Diversity

Engineering Specialist (Current Employee)
    Walled Lake, MI

ProsVery talented staff. Opportuntiy to work withing multiple disciplines and functions

ConsMajor lack of diversity in regards to women and minorities. Also show bias toward recruiting engineers from MI abbreviated by only recuiting from UofM and MTech.

Promotions seemed to based on good ole boy network instead of performance. If you do play golf, basketball or drink during prior at lunch and after work with the boys you will not be visible to promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of good ole boy network and stop denying it exist

Worked for Williams International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Williams International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Williams International CEO Gregg G. Williams. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Williams International employees.