Williams Lea Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
Dan Ellerton

Pros
  • Additionally, WL does offer good benefits, which makes some of the other things more tollerable (in 6 reviews)

• There are a lot of good people that work for this organization (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management only cared about profitability rather than staff (in 12 reviews)

• Disconnected management, often leave individuals employed who should not be employed, and not much room for advancement (in 6 reviews)

1. Kroquemore

Current Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Williams Lea full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful company, fabulous training, great benefits and incentives. Unfortunately, our contract ended because of price and not people. The incoming vendor is not as professional as Williams Lea.

Cons

Upper management hardly comes around, other than that I can't think of anything else. I can't think of anything else.

Advice to Management

Visit at least once a year. Thanks for being such a great company. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

2. Good In Between Job

Former Employee - Office Services Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Office Services Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Williams Lea full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Manager was flexible with time off. Job was easy if you just paid attention to details. Client company was generous with food. Benefits were decent. I found this to be a good job for someone that has had trouble finding one, for someone in between careers, or just for something reliable. This is not a job where I would stay more than a year or so.

Cons

Bad turnover so it could get stressful due to lack of people. Raises were awful and after a year the new employees were making a dollar or so more. There were absolutely no promotions because the client site I was at had not contracted anymore spots. At times the management did not react well to stress causing a tense work environment.

Advice to Management

Find a way to reward those who have stayed. Give some sort of option for moving up.

3. Director

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Williams Lea

Pros

Was based at NYC Corporate HQ. Enjoyed working on global projects with large, well known brands and leading FTSE 100 / Fortune 50 companies and collaborating with colleagues worldwide (depending on your role)

Cons

Pay is not competitive for necessary level of contribution, even in the professional roles. No bonus paid for most of the five years I was there. Minimal diversity in the upper ranks, not at all reflective of a very diverse junior level employee base.

Advice to Management

Walk the talk. Act with integrity.

5. Overall rating as an employee with Williams Lea

I worked at Williams Lea

Pros

A 100 plus year old company with a global presence. The majority of employees I worked with were hard working people who were dedicated to doing a great job and helping the company attain its financial goals. Good 401k program with Vanguard. Medical, dental and vision benefits became active the 1st day of the following month employment began.

Cons

Privately held corporation. No stock offerings or stock purchase opportunity to allow employees a chance to have investment/ownership in the company. During my tenure, there was a clear glass ceiling. Though every so often, there was diversity at the middle management level, those in the position were let go and resigned due to dissatisfaction within a relatively short period of time. 2 years or less. Mediocre medical, dental and vision benefits. Horrible salaries compared to the industry standard, particularly at the frontline, up to middle management level. Bonuses were paid out only once per year, compared with the majority of their competitors which pay bonuses either quarterly or semi-annually.

Advice to Management

Remove the glass ceiling. Implement a comprehensive training program to promote uplifting internal employees from within. Promote diversity within the middle to upper level leadership ranks.

6. Document Processor

I worked at Williams Lea full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. A lot of room for advancement. A lot of different shifts available to fit your scheduling needs.

Cons

If you get stuck with a shift you don't like it can be hard to deal with. Sometimes being new you have to take whatever shift is available at the time.

7. I love the job

Current Employee - Work Flow Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Work Flow Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Williams Lea full-time

Pros

Great Co Workers, Nice View, to work with off shore component is intersting

Cons

Money is not top notch, benifits are OK but not great, no car home at night

Was OK when tuition reimbursement was a benefit.

Former Employee - Records Clerk in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Records Clerk in McLean, VA

I worked at Williams Lea full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some hard working people at their sites. However, their hard work is only reciprocated by raises of 1% to 2% annually.

Cons

The culture is very political and the management positions are a joke. Thank god, I was denied a promotion. It led me to a better career that values me as a person. Also, my accomplishments are acknowledged as well.

Advice to Management

As an outsourcing organization it is important to maintain communication with the employees. If not you will continue to promote a culture where apathy is the norm. Then that will be reflected to the clients. Therefore, leading to lower contract renewals.

Short employment before being laid off

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Williams Lea full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salaries and benefits are decent. If you are desperate for a job, you could do worse.

Cons

I recently worked for Williams Lea at a placement in a financial company. Two months after I was hired, we received word that our contract was not going to be renewed and that our entire department was being laid off. It was probably for the best since Williams Lea was not a great fit for me. That being said, company culture is practically non-existent. The level of professionalism and competency of my colleagues also varied greatly. I was repeatedly surprised and disappointed by several employees' lack of preparation and basic knowledge of their job functions.

Advice to Management

It would serve Williams Lea well to do a better job of hiring competent workers with relevant backgrounds and skill sets. Also, a little bit of culture goes a long way. If workers are treated as seat-fillers, they will begin to behave as such.

10. Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Williams Lea (More than 10 years)

Pros

I became very organized, detail oriented, conscientious and received a lot of my technological and oral skills working for Williams lea.

Cons

The cons were, I am a self starter and it became a problem working in team environment at times. When working in a team environment you have think about the team and not always what works best for you as individual.

blah

Current Employee - Supervisor in South Ozone Park, NY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in South Ozone Park, NY

I have been working at Williams Lea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company, sometimes you may get a good client site where people treat you like family, good benefits 401k etc.

Cons

Raises are typically 10-20 cents which you get at your review, the most you will ever get is a 2% raise, pay scale is low, HR is a joke, you might as well talk to your boss because HR will spill the beans on whatever you say, like anywhere else if the people above don't like you then you are never getting promoted.

Advice to Management

I think management should be trained better, inexperienced managers will affect the teams productivity and turn good employees into bad ones.

RSS Feed </> Embed