Williams Lea

Updated January 21, 2015
Updated January 21, 2015
2.3

Aurora Coya

Pros
  • Additionally, WL does offer good benefits, which makes some of the other things more tollerable (in 6 reviews)

• There are a lot of good people that work for this organization (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management only cared about profitability rather than staff (in 12 reviews)

• Little room for advancement or pay raise (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

nothing to brag about

Current Employee - Office Service Associate in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Office Service Associate in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Williams Lea full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

convenient for traveling to and from

Cons

no room for growth within career

more professionalism

A decent company but I wouldn't recommend anyone I care about to work here.

I have been working at Williams Lea full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are good and tend to be LGBT friendly. I work with good group of people who are competent for the most part. Williams Lea offers ~2 weeks of vacation time per year and you are allow to take the full amount in one go... at least at my particular client site.

Cons

Compensation tends to be on the low side compared to the overall market with small incremental raises yearly.

Management is not very good. There seems to a be laissez faire attitude towards getting information out to employees from the higher ups. Often, due times on things like reviews, training and open enrolment can feel last minute and rushed.

Management tends to focus on the negative in what you do. Words of praise is far and few between.

Other than my immediate manager I never see anyone above him or in HR which leads to a feeling of being disconnected from the rest of the company. As a result, I don't know what is going on with the company as a whole and how the part I play matters outside of my immediate field of view. This along with too few clients makes it difficult to see a clear path for advancement if I'm are looking a promotion to a position that will be the right fit.

More visits by HR and upper management with employees to help forge a stronger connection with the rest of the company. It would be nice to get a 'state of the company' email or conference call yearly. Clearer job postings would help with finding positions for advancement. Currently the postings are difficult to navigate and seem to be lacking.

Poor senior management in dc office

I worked at Williams Lea

Pros

Good legacy client base for now

Cons

Little opportunity due to lack of new clients

Put managers in place who can follow the company strategy plan

My experience with Williams Lea is More than challenging, Its Just a Job Keep Looking. Will cut your hours on down time.

Current Employee - Print Operator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Print Operator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Williams Lea full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Best Thing about this Job is receiving a check.

Cons

Some of the challenges while working with the company are dealing with Upper management.

Management need to have proper training to mange employees to have a Healthy Environment

Not Good

Former Employee - Shift Coordinator
    Former Employee - Shift Coordinator

I worked at Williams Lea (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you look to nothing in your career.

They will remind you of everything wrong but never speak about anythong done right.

Cons

Just a bad company.

This company bases itself on solutions....ha!!!

Learn to appreciate your staff.

Remember your an employee....bingo!!!

Devent pay, bad treatment

Former Employee - Hospitality Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Hospitality Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Williams Lea full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent salary and benefits package. Good schedule

Cons

They care more about the client than the employee. Complained about a hostile work environment with an employee from the client company that they tried to sweep under the carpet so as not to risk upsetting the clieny

Hard work, good learning experience.

Former Employee - Office Services Assistant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Office Services Assistant in Boston, MA

I worked at Williams Lea as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Good clean environment, nice conference room lunches, quick pace,supportive staff, on the job training provided.

Cons

Incoming FexEx and UPS all day, heavy parcels, some snooty legal staff, team members can bicker, some grumps ,

Management was supportive and tried to fight for employees.

Passed over for promotion for a less qualified member of the opposite sex

Current Employee - Account Supervisor
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor

I have been working at Williams Lea full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to move around to different sites and to work with Fortune 500 Companies.If there is a problem, H.R. is willing to work with employees toward a mutually beneficial resolution.

Cons

Since the starting pay is pretty low for an associate level, WL does not always get the best talent. It can be challenging to fill open positions and even more challenging to work with the people they hire. My Senior Account Manager had absolutely no interest in my professional development or in the fact that I was qualified and had the desire to move to the next level of my career.

PLEASE... put some women in manager postions. If this problem does not get corrected, you are leaving yourself open to the possibility of legal problems. lso, make sure your managers are developing the appropriate people and have a succession plan in place. Do not believe all of your managers want, or are willing, to develope their staff.

Positive

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Williams Lea as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you have the right attitude and keep the client needs first Williams Lea does try and show its appreciation. Pay was good compared to competition.

Cons

Not all sites are centralized around main office hubs and might be a little harder to appreciate the culture and growth opportunities you might see in the bigger markets. Culture at sites vary and believe that certain sites might be much more difficult then others.

A good and teachable place to work.

Former Employee - Print Operator
    Former Employee - Print Operator

I worked at Williams Lea full-time

Pros

It's a good place to work with helpful co-workers. The pay is great! Management is helpful when needed.

Cons

The communication with how certain jobs are ran were unclear among co-workers and management. There are
    no perks for employees, maybe a potluck or catered food that's for normal business hours not benefiting everyone's hours. Not much positive acknowledgement from management. The benefits are lousy!

There should be better communication with how jobs are processed and a lot more positive acknowledgement for good work.

Williams Lea Photos