Williams Lea Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
182 reviews filtered by
2.2
Aurora Coya

Pros
  • Additionally, WL does offer good benefits, which makes some of the other things more tollerable (in 6 reviews)

• There are a lot of good people that work for this organization (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management only cared about profitability rather than staff (in 12 reviews)

• Little room for advancement or pay raise (in 6 reviews)

1. Document Specialist II/Floating Legal Secretary

Former Employee - Document Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Document Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Williams Lea

Pros

Heavy experience in all facets of legal staff functions and duties.

Cons

None, really, they're a good company - hard to change shifts.

None.

2. Just OK. Raises bad

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Williams Lea full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Full benefits but only worth it if you are single.

Cons

Raises are bad. Between 0 to 2 percent yearly. Benefits are super expensive if you have a family

Take care of your employees. We are the ones that make your company succeed.

3. Awful, HR and the company itself is out of state, and you are overworked, underpaid and unappreciated.

Former Employee - Office Service Associate in Iowa City, IA
    Former Employee - Office Service Associate in Iowa City, IA

I worked at Williams Lea

Pros

Benefits are okay. The client is better than the company you work for.

Cons

Overworked. Underpaid. Underappreciated. Lack of direction.

Have managers be trained on all jobs they are supposed to manage.

5. Not a good place to work at all.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, WV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, WV

I worked at Williams Lea full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The job itself wasn't bad - in that sense, the daily things you do whether it's word document processing. The pay wasn't bad and neither were the benefits, though after working here seems to me the job is number one even if the pay is less - pay is not everything.

Cons

Just about everything, with the exception of one, just about all the co-workers never really worked together as a team, very confrontational, always arguing, and a very negative environment. I would not recommend this place, especially the Wheeling office even if you are desperate for a job, save yourself the stress and headache and keep looking or move to another where more jobs are available. Wheeling is a city where "everyone kinda knows everyone" so moving might not be a bad idea.

Try working for a real company and see what a joke this place is. Just about everything that is tolerated at this place would NOT go at any other company (attitudes, "teamwork", and so on). Considering I work a company where professionalism exist, Williams Lea is a JOKE! And i'm being fair and honest in this review. Lots of people work here that should not be employed, and lots of people are managers that should not be, either. Remember, managers are supposed to direct employees and being a role model in someways, and I would be lying if I said my manager or any of the others I worked with excelled in this area.

I would recommend all the managers in the wheeling office to do the following:

move to another city to see how much different (and better) people are
    take a hr class to teach professionalism and respect
    try working at another workplace so you can see half the ---- that goes on here would not fly in a SECOND at any other workplace!

some of my co-workers wouldn't even make it past the interview process at my current employer! I'd never go back to WL! being on the streets is a better alternative than working here. there's lots of hills in wheeling so start running to them. STAY AWAY FROM WL!

unfortunate and can't get out of own way. breed amongst themselves.

I worked at Williams Lea

Pros

they appear to be entreprenurial and innovative, or frame themselves that way. could be small and nimble.

Cons

they, in fact, are an inward looking executive team-only-and seem to work w/in a very small group of individuals at all levels that are not open-minded to other people. particularly those from the outside. very cut-throat and not trust worthy amongst the core group. the support staff, however, seem to be legitimate and try and do their best.

look for leadership that really cares about what is going on amongst the ranks versus simply the success of the business. and, then find a way to allow the leadership to survive.

A decent company but I wouldn't recommend anyone I care about to work here.

I have been working at Williams Lea full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are good and tend to be LGBT friendly. I work with good group of people who are competent for the most part. Williams Lea offers ~2 weeks of vacation time per year and you are allow to take the full amount in one go... at least at my particular client site.

Cons

Compensation tends to be on the low side compared to the overall market with small incremental raises yearly.

Management is not very good. There seems to a be laissez faire attitude towards getting information out to employees from the higher ups. Often, due times on things like reviews, training and open enrolment can feel last minute and rushed.

Management tends to focus on the negative in what you do. Words of praise is far and few between.

Other than my immediate manager I never see anyone above him or in HR which leads to a feeling of being disconnected from the rest of the company. As a result, I don't know what is going on with the company as a whole and how the part I play matters outside of my immediate field of view. This along with too few clients makes it difficult to see a clear path for advancement if I'm are looking a promotion to a position that will be the right fit.

More visits by HR and upper management with employees to help forge a stronger connection with the rest of the company. It would be nice to get a 'state of the company' email or conference call yearly. Clearer job postings would help with finding positions for advancement. Currently the postings are difficult to navigate and seem to be lacking.

8. My experience working for the company wasn't the best... Depending on the manager you end up working for....

Current Employee - Copy Operated in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Copy Operated in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Williams Lea

Pros

The best thing about working for this company is that you have a job and get a check....

Cons

one of the challenges are Managment being very unfair to employees who don't agree.... Salaries that are horrible to that employee if you don't agree with the management team. Be friends with Managment you might keep a job and make more money.

Get proper training on how to work and talk to people to get a better job done.the turn around won't be so high with this company.... People come and go.. RUN

9. Poor senior management in dc office

I worked at Williams Lea

Pros

Good legacy client base for now

Cons

Little opportunity due to lack of new clients

Put managers in place who can follow the company strategy plan

Not Good

Former Employee - Shift Coordinator
    Former Employee - Shift Coordinator

I worked at Williams Lea (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you look to nothing in your career.

They will remind you of everything wrong but never speak about anythong done right.

Cons

Just a bad company.

This company bases itself on solutions....ha!!!

Learn to appreciate your staff.

Remember your an employee....bingo!!!

11. Devent pay, bad treatment

Former Employee - Hospitality Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Hospitality Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Williams Lea full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent salary and benefits package. Good schedule

Cons

They care more about the client than the employee. Complained about a hostile work environment with an employee from the client company that they tried to sweep under the carpet so as not to risk upsetting the clieny

Williams Lea Photos