Williams-Sonoma

Williams-Sonoma Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Williams-Sonoma President, CEO and Director Laura J. Alber

Laura J. Alber

Pros
  • Great discount for to enable everyone to spend their salary in store(in 82 reviews)

• Best Reason to work here is the employee discount and the Sample Sales(in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance, payroll constantly being cut some DMs had little pets who could do no wrong(in 25 reviews)

• The current upper management does not appear to care about the employees or their customers(in 33 reviews)

Director

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsInnovative, Creative, Marketing Experts, Leaders in Product Development

ConsI never had a bad day at Williams-Sonoma.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. Stay positive. Drive Results

Great Experience

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Oakbrook Terrace, IL

ProsExcellent Discount! Wide array of products for the kitchen enthusiast to learn about. Friendly coworkers. Great cross-branding with sister companies.

ConsSome times corporate is not always in-touch with what is actually happening in the stores. They setup policies (especially return policies) and then when the associates try to abide by the policies, if the guest is not satisfied, they complain to corporate and corporate caves in and gives the customer what they want. This really makes the associates look foolish.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest a little time with each associate to develop their product knowledge. The more knowledgeable the associate is, the better they can sell the products to the guests.

I enjoyed working here, it is a great company

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsI like talking to people and helping them decide on catalog purchases

ConsHelping upsets customers and no managers around to ask questions to

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more managers available for associate questions and help

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

PA III

Proswork and personal life balance, supportive management and open environment.

ConsBeing in San Francisco sometime traffic becomes an issue. Office is at wonderful location so you might not feel like working.

Sales Associate

ProsGreat discount, good training. Flexibe.

ConsBad schedlues. Poor break plans.

Amazing Company All Concepts

District Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe entire company works hard to protect it's great culture . Vicki is always looking for new ideas on how to make the associates environment the best . Open door policy is owned at every level . Great Product Great discount Great contests .

ConsNot enough time in the day ! So many new great roll outs stores struggle ( but want to ) keep up

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's already been shared

Great Company - GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsProduct. People.Performance
    The product is high quality you can believe in when selling to guest!
    The people at all levels in the company are genuine and really care about associates!
    The managers communicate constantly how you are doing on any given day and are always letting you know they appreciate you! LOVE this COMPANY!

ConsI have no cons.. would like to work more

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the GREAT WORK!

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood place to work part time

Consnot enough hours to work

Advice to Senior Managementmorehours

Great place to work.

Buyer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI met smart, wonderful funny people while working at the corporate office. There was a great focus on customer service and employee education.

ConsThe company felt less personal as it continued to grow.

Well positioned in the industry, good people, good work-life balance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsStrong sense of culture and history; high-integrity people who want to do the right thing; well positioned in the industry and in an industry segment (home goods) that should continue to do well as the economy recovers; great balance between eCommerce and Store retail; lots of reasons why the company should be successful going forward; based in downtown San Francisco

ConsCompany is very design and merchant driven. If you are not in the design / merchandising areas, then you need to understand your role in the bigger context.

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!