Williams & Connolly

Add Photos

Jennifer Scott

Best boutique litigation experience

Summer Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsSmall firm feel, interesting work, effort to give interns more genuine associate experience.

ConsAs an intern, few negatives, but work is classic law firm case reviews so a little isolating, just you and your computer for lots of the day

Amazing work experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone is very knowledgable and friendly. There are so many opportunities within this firm.

ConsOnly attorneys and partners get offices, but cubicles are still very spacious

Great introduction to the legal world

Paralegal I (Former Employee)

ProsGet the opportunity to work with smart lawyers, some very interesting cases, great stepping stone to law school, lots of young paralegals

ConsAmple opportunity to work and or be expected to work overtime - long hours, can be very fast paced for those that do not want that

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Williams & Connolly is a opportunity that every dreams of getting. The law firm is prestigious and the clients are famou

Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat Benefits, Lots of room to move up

ConsA high stress work environment, battle for positions are tough

Rigid place

Systems Administrative (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsVery well run from the point of view of those who own the company. Good benefits - a month of time off given for most staff (PTO and sick leave combined). Good salaries.

ConsTerribly rigid, soul-less and corporate. The staff and lawyers eat in different dining rooms. Don't expect to make friends in this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealx. You don't need to act like you're on camera all the time.

Great Firm

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsTerrific staff, interesting cases, fabulous office

ConsThere were no downsides to my employment at W&C.

If you're on the fence about law school, this is a great place to work.

Legal Secretary (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsBig name firm. Big name clients. Great benefits.

ConsNo room for growth for professional staff. Pay is not competitive. Legal secretaries are treated like second class citizens when they work twice as hard as paralegals for less pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen doors for your loyal employees rather than close them. Promote from within.

Great environment

Summer Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsVery friendly, outgoing people, wonderful environment. Great location (right by Metro Center). Prestigious name. Great programming by HR, and fun outside life for employees - kickball, bar nights, a rock group, and a cookout all took place while I was there over the summer. Also a hard working environment with lots of smart employees. Great food, on-site cafeteria.

ConsEveryone works hard, and it is sometimes expected that employees stay well past 5:30. For non-partners, you might not get paid for the overtime you put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Worked for Williams & Connolly? Contribute to the Community!