Williamson County Schools

Williamson County Schools Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Williamson County School System is rated as one of the Best Schools in the Country.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with Students, Parents and other Teachers for a school system that excels makes teaching here easy.

ConsThe only challenge I faced working for Williamson Co School System was only working part time. As needed basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Highly rated, but only a farce

Teacher (Current Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsPlentiful resources, great parent involvement

ConsExcessive testing beyond state requirements, catering to parents, favoritism, no new teacher support, very low pay for the amount of wealth in the county

Primary focus is students.

Teacher (Current Employee)

ProsWilliamson County is dedicated to growing students academically and as people. The teachers really care about their students, and it's great to be a part of that environment. The quality of professional development is improving.

ConsThere are too many one size fits all policies. The stat-wide TEAM evaluation rubric is not teacher friendly. Some administrators are influenced too easily by parent complaints instead of by what is best for the student.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

18 years and still going

Counselor (Current Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsI love what I do and the people I work with. WCS is probably the best public school district in Middle Tennessee as far as student body and administration, and one of the best in the entire state.

ConsAny major frustrations I encounter are going to be had anywhere you teach in Tennessee. The evaluation system is a headache and there is far too much emphasis on standardized testing. Exactly how happy you are in an individual school is probably going to depend a great deal on how you feel about that particular school's administration.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo all in your power to let the teacher's teach! Shield them as much as possible from all the political hodge podge that bombards education these days.

Overworked, underpaid and micromanaged

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Brentwood, TN

ProsHigh expectations and parent support technology is fabulous generally good principal support stay in touch with current academic trends benefits are good

ConsLow salary comparably micromanaged by superintendent

Advice to Senior ManagementLay off and let us teach

not supportive, growth oriented environment at all. very clique

Bus Driver (Current Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsPay & benefits for part time.

ConsBetter not get sick during school hours. You are forced to work even if unsafe to drive. better be in the clique of you'll never advance. Very unfair, good-ol-boy system.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet impartial management and out w/good-ol-boys & gals!

Amazing, rewarding.

ProsI get to make a positive and measurable difference in the lives of children who are struggling in many ways.

Consinadequate pay for job performed.

Worked for Williamson County Schools? Contribute to the Community!