Wilmington Trust

Wilmington Trust Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Wilmington Trust CEO and Director, Wilmington Trust Corporation and Wilmington Trust Company Donald E. Foley

Donald E. Foley

Still Employed

Wealth Advisor Intern (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsGave me a great opportunity out of school

ConsNo cons at the moment

Management doesn't understand the investment business

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsReasonably decent compensation for a bank but well below true asset management shops

ConsIt's a bank so don't think that the bankers within the senior management ranks understand the investment business.
    Management is ineffective and unable/unwilling to make tough decisions to benefit the business.
    The investment side has been a disaster since the M&T/WT merger and continues to be so because the bank lacks anyone who actually has investment experience running it.
    Management is comfortable with the status quo, rather than trying to take the business to the next level.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour investment business is highly dependent upon talent - without it, you have nothing. Hire/give authority to senior people who understand the business, can actually add value, and then compensate them accordingly.

There's a good reason why I'm a "former" employee

Private Client Associate (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsThey know Trust Administration since they have been in business for decades

ConsParking fees in the city are not affordable, crime rate in the City of Wilmington is TOO risky, company culture is too cliquish

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide employee parking, encourage team building, provide some proper training

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Treasury Services

Investment Associate (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsIts a job, great people to work with. a lot of flexibility

Conspretty much a foot in the door at an ok company, I would keep looking if your are tenured.

Advice to Senior Managementprovide more opportunities

Not bad for Phoenix, not good anywhere else

Fund Accountant (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsIt's in Arizona where the weather is nice in the winter.
    Parking is free in the garage behind building.
    It's a job.

ConsLack of communication between management and employees.
    Low morale and inadequate training.
    Phoenix office is cheap: Difficult to get office supplies, employees expected in clean 2 refrigerators in break rooms every Friday, few group luncheons and no holiday parties.
    Manager was clueless and never made any attempt to learn from subordinates with more experience in the group. Still got promoted and moved to another group.

Advice to Senior ManagementA storm is brewing and there will be a mass exodus soon. Bad managers will be exposed for the frauds that they are.

Terrible place if you're looking to grow

Fund Accountant (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsHours aren't bad compared to most financial services companies

ConsRaises are small to non-existent
    No room for growth
    Other employees not friendly
    Upper management disconnected and out of touch with workers. No idea how unhappy most employees are.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying people more or I would guess that sooner than later you will have a mass exodus of workers.

Great experience

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood group of people to work with. The senior staff considers social and personal life as important as work life.

ConsVery few con remarks. Only would recommend that when looking into what is happening with an employee, ask the employee directly instead of going on heresay.

Wow...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsDo not micro manage.
    Vision insurance is good.
    Flexible with work schedule.

ConsUnorganized
    Put unqualified, untrained, inexperienced people into leadership/management positions.
    Management doesn't listen to employee concerns.
    Money is wasted in areas when it could be put to better use in other areas, such as technology.
    Never hear positive feedback or recognition.
    No communication with manager in regards to performance. Asked what I would be held accountable for on Performance Evaluation, was told they would get back to me, never heard anything.
    No room for growth.
    Departments do not work together. Everyone is out for themselves and not the team.
    Medical benefits are horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and show that they are valued. Give recognition.

OK - Worked for a tough boss

Corp Trust Associate (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsSteady work, nice peer group

ConsSome rules don't apply to everyone.... Pay was ok however they missed paying me one of my bonuses

Was great for a time but got caught in lending bubble

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsDynamic environment, educated and interesting staff

ConsWas sometimes difficult to integrate new thoughts and ideas

Advice to Senior ManagementAvoid rigid hierarchy in business lines and hire strategically from outside of the company, while still being dedicated to loyal, productive employees

Worked for Wilmington Trust? Contribute to the Community!