WilsonHCG

Updated August 12, 2014

4.0

WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson

Pros
  • Great coworkers, autonomous environment, work from home and strong growing company (in 7 reviews)

• Love the virtual environment although it was tricky to get used to initially (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • They over work their staff-work life balance is non-existent (in 4 reviews)

• As a Recruiter, I do not feel there is a career path here at Wilson (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Sincere community of workers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

WilsonHCG is a great place to work. The company has wonderful coworkers and tons of opportunities for growth and success. I love working here because the mangers and executives really care about you. They listen and engage every worker right down to the interns.

Cons

I can't really think of a con. It is hard to feel engaged with the virtual employees sometimes but having yammer really helps!

WilsonHCG is a company that is growing rapidly yet still maintaining it's close-knit, start-up feel.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

WilsonHCG is a close knit community. While we are a group of hard workers, you always feel as though you're working amongst friends who share a common goal. The company has seen a tremendous amount of growth over the last 12-18 months and is continuing to grow at a rapid rate. Despite such growth, senior management never loses sight of employee engagement and making sure their employees are happy.

Cons

As with any job, you'll always want to be paid more and receive more time off but compensation and PTO seems to be pretty standard within the competing market. Being an organization that is relatively young still, everyone is expected to truly give 110% all the time. While not necessarily a con, such a fast-paced environment can sometimes make a work-life balance a challenge.

I think we're headed in a great direction. I think senior management maintaining their open-door policy through such changes will continue to make for happy employees.

Valuable Experience

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

Pros

--Access to recruiting tools, and ongoing instruction with those tools
    --Virtual environment, minimal micromanaging, team emphasis, very little "busy work"
    --Client management leaders made every attempt to make appropriate matches between the recruiter and the client. I always recruited for a client that I could add value to based on my personal strengths and interests
    --Fun, culture-based activities were a great way to involve virtual employees
    --Pretty much the best RPO you could work for...really working to define and expand the definition of RPO
    --Accessible, grounded CEO

Cons

--Messy compensation structure. Changed at least 2-3 times during my time with the company. Salaries remained low with little consideration for employee's local market
    --Limited career path, even for a "top" recruiter like myself
    --Occasionally thrown into awkward or unnecessarily challenging client situations BUT was always supported by WilsonHCG leadership
    --Cliquey management, "usual suspects" were often identified for rewards and promotions

Your most valuable contributors at the delivery level need to be recognized and rewarded more tangibly.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience here has been nothing short of amazing!

Current Employee - Recruiting/Sourcing  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiting/Sourcing in Tampa, FL

Pros

Ability to work virtual, gorgeous Downtown Tampa offices, amazing corporate culture, my ideas/opinions are heard!, leadership listens and implements employee ideas, great PTO/benefits, promotions from within, growth potential

Cons

Pay isn't as competitive as it used to be, salary + bonus potential (performance-based) - lower than competitors and WilsonHCG employees do MORE for less

Take a look at pay scale - other than that keep doing what you're doing! Awesome place to be and grow - I'd rather work here for less than somewhere else for a little more and hate my job

Started off good - now I'm not so sure.

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL

Pros

Virtual Environment.
    Some talented employees.
    Good training program.
    Ok benefits.
    Mediocre compensation.
    Great for single people with no life outside work.

Cons

No work/life balance.
    Managers with no place being in the role they are in.
    Expectations are too high unless you are willing to not have a life outside work.

Take a good look at your managers. Some of them should not be there.

NOT A Good Culture, Start Listening to Your Employees

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

Pros

Virtual, there are some great people who work here (below the executive and some middle management level),good client list

Cons

Where can I start? Every time there are a few honest reviews here they just have current employees write positive ones. This used to be a good place to work when I started. There are leaders who have not been trained and should not be leading. An organization is only as good as it's leadership. There has been a lot of turnover in the past 6 months and it's always concerning when you see really talented people moving on. Not a positive culture any longer. No work life balance- for barely anyone. It takes away from the virtual environment when everyone is working all day and at night. Compensation structure for the recruiters is nowhere NEAR where it needs to be, especially with all of the expectations. I am making a significant amount more and working a LOT less. Disappointing and not a place I would ever recommend.

I am fairly sure that the CEO is unaware of a lot that goes on, so none of this is a reflection on the CEO. Start listening to people. It will only help your business in the future.

Great place to start a career

Pros

Work-life balance is very good, not to mention working from home has it's perks.

Cons

Upper management keeps talking about change is coming, but tomorrow never comes. The commission and pay structure left a lot to be desired, and speaking to my former co-workers it was one of the biggest factors in us leaving.

Please pay your staff what they are worth. Money isn't the end all be all, but it made it hard to stay when I was getting a lot more from my new company.

Could be better

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

Pros

Their technolgy is pretty good.
    Virtual opportunities
    Flexible work schedules

Cons

As a Recruiter, I do not feel there is a career path here at Wilson. The compsensation is not where it used to be. The bonus this year was not what my manager told me last year. Concerned a ton of key people have left the company. I am hoping things and Wilson's outlook will get better.

Take a look at the turnover and hire more qualified individuals. Not sure what is going on with the company at times. No communication. Just work work work. Submit submit submit.

Not the same company

Pros

Virtual and some really great people

Cons

Salary. Not competitive at all with the market. Sr. Leadership does not practice what it preaches. Wants an open door culture yet does not cultivate this at all. Not professional. They over work their staff-work life balance is non-existent. They stretch people and change staff and the turnover has gotten worse. There are people in Management roles who have no Corporate experience or knowledge. Training is not good at ALL! And they advertise they have 500 employees to clients when in reality, they have 100!

Total reorg, from the top down or you will continue to lose good people.

Could be better...

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

Pros

There is some really great talent at the company, some of which have been huge contributors to my success within the company.

Cons

Salary, salary, salary.

Some management, mid to senior level, are very poorly trained and do not deserve to be in the roles that they are in.

Some accounts are far too competitive, almost like a "dog eat dog" environment.

Pay employees what they're worth.

Practice what you preach.

If you want to hear what your employees have to say, then actually listen to them.

Worked for WilsonHCG? Contribute to the Community!