WilsonHCG Reviews

96 reviews filtered by
4.2
WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson

Pros
  • Virtual environment, minimal micromanaging, team emphasis, very little "busy work" (in 12 reviews)

• Good company culture; everyone is very helpful and supportive (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • While not necessarily a con, such a fast-paced environment can sometimes make a work-life balance a challenge (in 5 reviews)

• Limited career path, even for a "top" recruiter like myself (in 4 reviews)

1. Great Opportunity.

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you are looking for growth potential. The company has grown so much since I have joined. It it great to be a part of.

Cons

I can't think of any major cons. If there were any, they would be addressed quickly.

You're doing a great job. I'm excited to see where this company will be 5+ years from now.... Or even next year.

2. Best place to start work, hands down!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the company is extremely friendly and easy to get along with - work never feels like work when you enjoy what you're doing and who you're doing it with!

Virtual work environment (outside of Tampa HQ), and flexible/open to movement.

WilsonHCG has been awarded the Glassdoor Top 50, Best Places to Work (small/medium companies) - for a good reason!

High growth has been constant since I started two years ago - no end in sight! This has provided immense opportunity to gain experience in all facets of the business, along with personal growth.

Ideas are not only encouraged, but frequently implemented - WilsonHCG uses a system called VOX - it's a feedback portal with a direct line to the CEO, John - you can submit feedback and attach your name, or completely anonymously if you so choose.

I have been with WilsonHCG since 2013 and have already experience multiple growth opportunities for my career.

Cons

With high growth comes a lot of change - employees must be willing to flex outside the standard job description and are really counted on to make an impact on the company.

Improvements have been made to the compensation structure - but people will always want to earn more money! That said, the inherent benefit in how much you can learn and grow from WilsonHCG offsets the minimal pay differences from similar companies.

Continue to do what you're doing and you'll continue to have the full faith of your employees!

3. I love working at Wilson, great atmosphere and great people

I have been working at WilsonHCG

Pros

Great work environment and friendly people

Cons

Pay isn't has competitive to similar companies

5. Innovating with people that truly care

I have been working at WilsonHCG

Pros

Open culture, virtual environment, company values a solid culture, every employee has a voice and has the ability to grow! Management wants to stay current, and invests in new technology and initiatives.

Cons

We're growing rapidly, and with growth comes change. Some people might view these changes as a con.

Wonderful place to work!

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (less than a year)

Pros

WilsonHCG is very open to virtual roles, they have a competitive benefits package, their leadership is transparent and accessible. Clear ability for career growth. Fast paced. Innovative.

Cons

Having virtual roles can sometimes create challenges, but with the right technology, open communication and collaborative teammates it's nothing I've found to be a significant hurdle.

Keep up the great work as we continue to grow!

7. Relaxed, fun environment

Former Intern - Sourcing Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Former Intern - Sourcing Assistant in Tampa, FL

I worked at WilsonHCG as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Weekly interactive company calls.

Cons

Too relaxed of an environment

Wilson is a fantastic company to work for and with.

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The culture and work environment are very positive and forward thinking. Working from home is a great option if you live in an isolated area. There is a lot of emphasis on personal growth within the company and industry.

Cons

I have been with Wilson for 9 months and there are no cons that I can think of. This is by far the best company I have ever worked for.

9. Thankful for the things I learned here--the most important thing being what type of people I don't want to work for

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* The company hires some very talented and wonderful people
    * Virtual environment

Cons

I was with WHCG for several years, and by the time I put my notice in, it was a completely different company. Growing pains are understandable, but I had several different managers in just a few years-only one who offered me any professional growth. My last manager lacked compassion and professionalism. I tried to address concerns with leadership concerns, but unfortunately they chose to look the other way. There are some great leaders on the team- but most are not qualified for their roles. Recruiters are overworked. The virtual environment is oversold- when you have to work 12 hours a day to hit your goals, the virtual factor quickly becomes less appealing. This company has changed bonus and compensation structures several times (most recently fairly unattainable). They tell employees to write these wonderful reviews on Glassdoor.

A word to all current employees- Do not stress yourself like I did, and so many other people did. Do not live to work. It's a job- when you leave, they will think nothing of you- because they don't appreciate you for who you are- only for the money you can bring in. The grass IS greener-very much so.

It has been a wonderful and rewarding experience.

I have been working at WilsonHCG

Pros

Company culture, management, and relaxed work environment

Cons

Communication with upper management, hard to move up

Improve communication skills with employees

Employees are snobby and cliquey, managers have their favorites and it is very obvious.

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Being able to work from home
    Benefits are good and you get ample vacation time
    Easily able to obtain a position right out of college

Cons

- Not a comfortable place to grow and learn - if you are having a good week, you will be praised by the leadership team, but if you are having a bad week, you will be talked down to as if you're incompetent, or you will just simply be ignored.
    - Work/life balance is non-existent during the week (even working from home)
    - Unrealistic expectations of weekly goals
    - Average age of "managers" is around 27 - no real knowledge of why or how certain people have moved up so quickly with the company.

Get some people on the leadership team that are truly interested in helping all of their employees to try to become successful, instead of just picking and choosing who they like.