WilsonHCG

Updated February 25, 2015
4.2

WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson

Pros
  • Virtual environment, minimal micromanaging, team emphasis, very little "busy work" (in 12 reviews)

• Good company culture; everyone is very helpful and supportive (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • While not necessarily a con, such a fast-paced environment can sometimes make a work-life balance a challenge (in 5 reviews)

• Limited career path, even for a "top" recruiter like myself (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Wonderful place to work!

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (less than a year)

Pros

WilsonHCG is very open to virtual roles, they have a competitive benefits package, their leadership is transparent and accessible. Clear ability for career growth. Fast paced. Innovative.

Cons

Having virtual roles can sometimes create challenges, but with the right technology, open communication and collaborative teammates it's nothing I've found to be a significant hurdle.

Keep up the great work as we continue to grow!

Wilson is a fantastic company to work for and with.

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The culture and work environment are very positive and forward thinking. Working from home is a great option if you live in an isolated area. There is a lot of emphasis on personal growth within the company and industry.

Cons

I have been with Wilson for 9 months and there are no cons that I can think of. This is by far the best company I have ever worked for.

Best place to start work, hands down!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the company is extremely friendly and easy to get along with - work never feels like work when you enjoy what you're doing and who you're doing it with!

Virtual work environment (outside of Tampa HQ), and flexible/open to movement.

WilsonHCG has been awarded the Glassdoor Top 50, Best Places to Work (small/medium companies) - for a good reason!

High growth has been constant since I started two years ago - no end in sight! This has provided immense opportunity to gain experience in all facets of the business, along with personal growth.

Ideas are not only encouraged, but frequently implemented - WilsonHCG uses a system called VOX - it's a feedback portal with a direct line to the CEO, John - you can submit feedback and attach your name, or completely anonymously if you so choose.

I have been with WilsonHCG since 2013 and have already experience multiple growth opportunities for my career.

Cons

With high growth comes a lot of change - employees must be willing to flex outside the standard job description and are really counted on to make an impact on the company.

Improvements have been made to the compensation structure - but people will always want to earn more money! That said, the inherent benefit in how much you can learn and grow from WilsonHCG offsets the minimal pay differences from similar companies.

Continue to do what you're doing and you'll continue to have the full faith of your employees!

I love working at Wilson, great atmosphere and great people

I have been working at WilsonHCG

Pros

Great work environment and friendly people

Cons

Pay isn't has competitive to similar companies

It has been a wonderful and rewarding experience.

I have been working at WilsonHCG

Pros

Company culture, management, and relaxed work environment

Cons

Communication with upper management, hard to move up

Improve communication skills with employees

Innovating with people that truly care

I have been working at WilsonHCG

Pros

Open culture, virtual environment, company values a solid culture, every employee has a voice and has the ability to grow! Management wants to stay current, and invests in new technology and initiatives.

Cons

We're growing rapidly, and with growth comes change. Some people might view these changes as a con.

Employees are snobby and cliquey, managers have their favorites and it is very obvious.

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Being able to work from home
    Benefits are good and you get ample vacation time
    Easily able to obtain a position right out of college

Cons

- Not a comfortable place to grow and learn - if you are having a good week, you will be praised by the leadership team, but if you are having a bad week, you will be talked down to as if you're incompetent, or you will just simply be ignored.
    - Work/life balance is non-existent during the week (even working from home)
    - Unrealistic expectations of weekly goals
    - Average age of "managers" is around 27 - no real knowledge of why or how certain people have moved up so quickly with the company.

Get some people on the leadership team that are truly interested in helping all of their employees to try to become successful, instead of just picking and choosing who they like.

Thank you, John Wilson and team for creating an RPO company that actually makes sense!

I have been working at WilsonHCG

Pros

WilsonHCG values each and everyone of their employees. They encourage open communication from all people to help out, make a difference, and work passionately. I have yet to speak with one current employee that isn't happy with their work or position.

Cons

I have not had any challenges yet.

Keep doing what you are doing! It is much appreciated!

Don't Let the Door Hit You...

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at WilsonHCG

Pros

Some of the talent at this company is truly awe-inspiring.

Cons

The company needs time to mature: too many members of the leadership team do not have corporate or leadership experience which shows through immaturity. I think this creates a domino effect throughout the company.

Ideas and new policies or procedures are not well thought-out and are implemented far before they should be.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe the company realizes just how talented some of their employees are; far too many people with great potential fall through the cracks due to lack of training, professional development opportunities, or the fact that leadership picks and chooses who they “like”.

Compensation is too low. Too many employees are not compensated appropriately.

Completely think through new policies or procedures you’d like to implement. Additionally, if those new policies or procedures are going to be implemented, stay true to what you say you’re implementing.

When an employee exits the company, do not tell them that the work they've done for the company does not matter, only their last week does… especially when you know they've put in blood, sweat and tears. It’s extremely disappointing knowing you’re just another number in the end.

Rapidly growing company with flexible work options!

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (more than a year)

Pros

One of the biggest pros to working at WilsonHCG is the ability to work-from-home and to have an incredibly flexible work schedule. As a virtual employee, I have never felt like an “outsider”-employee engagement is very high and is constantly being improved. Everyone is part of a team at WilsonHCG and we are all truly in it together. The internal growth opportunities are tremendous and if anyone ever has an idea for an improvement or change in process, their ideas are always heard. It is definitely a great organization for recent grads to also get involved with.

Cons

Maybe organize a few more initiatives for employees to connect with other employees across the globe!

Keep up the great work. I am confident WilsonHCG is headed in a very positive direction.