WilsonHCG Reviews

102 reviews filtered by
4.1
WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson

Pros
  • Virtual environment, minimal micromanaging, team emphasis, very little "busy work" (in 12 reviews)

• Good company culture; everyone is very helpful and supportive (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • While not necessarily a con, such a fast-paced environment can sometimes make a work-life balance a challenge (in 5 reviews)

• Limited career path, even for a "top" recruiter like myself (in 4 reviews)

1. Sales and Marketing

Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG

Pros

Great culture, great people, great CEO. The company is really there to give a great foundation for their workers to succeed.

Cons

Not really any I can think of.

Advice to Management

More pizza Fridays!

Wait- who do I work for?!

Former Contractor - Senior Recruiter- Virtual in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Senior Recruiter- Virtual in Atlanta, GA

I worked at WilsonHCG as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Pay was competitive; worked in a virtual role.

Cons

I took a contract and was told I was working directly with the client rather than in an RPO capacity. That was fine- except once I started I was basically hung out to dry. There was NO support form the Wilson HCG office. They knew nothing about the contract and what I was going to be doing and just pushed everything back on the client. The client was unengaged and provided me with some basic information, no training and expected miraculous results. I was set up to fail in this role and even when I expressed my concerns to the Wilson HCG staff- there was little they could do. Contract was ultimately ended early. Even though I made my concerns clear to WHCG a couple of times prior to this - I feel like it unfairly tarnished my reputation with them.

Advice to Management

You need to offer support to all your employees- regardless of their assignment.

Dishonest and Unethical Company

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- wonderful people who work as recruiters and sourcers
    - a few really good mid-management people
    - ability to work virtually

Cons

- Pretty much everything good written on this Glassdoor page is solicited by marketing. I have 3 emails from them during the past 5 months asking me to please complete a review. Part of the intern assignments are writing positive Glassdoor reviews. It's all a fabrication.

-Resources are low/non-exisitant - forced to use a phone program (lync) that has extremely poor functionality consistently across the company. My job is to call people. How can I do that with a phone that hardly works? Log in's to LinkedIn Recruiter, Dice, ZipRecruiter, etc. are shared among recruiters illegally. In fact, we were recently blacklisted from the Indeed.com site (per the CTO's exact words) due to the dishonesty.

- In the sales process, clients are told they are going to get A, B, and C products and services when they really are not getting much of anything. We are consistently told to outright lie to clients though they call it "stretching the truth a little" or "not telling the client everything"

-Using backdoor and unethical methods to increase business in current clients.

- Pay is extremely low compared to other organizations. Mid management is paid what Junior Recruiters are paid in other organizations. New people are being brought in at significantly higher pay than people who have grown up with the organization.

- Amount of work, deadlines, responsibilities, goals, etc. are unattainable unless you want to work 24/7. Many people who are top performers work all weekend long and into the late night hours most days.

-No training nor professional development opportunities. You are thrown into every situation here.

- Mid Management is so stressed out that many of them treat their employees poorly. They do not have time to listen to ideas or concerns of their teams. There are constant fire drills.

- Sr. Management is bi-polar. One day everyone loves you, the next day your are screamed at and belittled. You never know what the day will hold.

Advice to Management

Go back to who you used to be. The growth has unfortunately taken away the good of what WHCG once was. Try being truthful and transparent for a change. Your employees would likely react better than you expect they would. WHCG was once a nice change from the other RPO's out there, now it's just a carbon copy of them (and in many cases, is likely worse). How many more long term, veteran employees will you lose before you stop the bleeding and fix things?

5. Great Opportunity.

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you are looking for growth potential. The company has grown so much since I have joined. It it great to be a part of.

Cons

I can't think of any major cons. If there were any, they would be addressed quickly.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job. I'm excited to see where this company will be 5+ years from now.... Or even next year.

6. Best place to start work, hands down!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the company is extremely friendly and easy to get along with - work never feels like work when you enjoy what you're doing and who you're doing it with!

Virtual work environment (outside of Tampa HQ), and flexible/open to movement.

WilsonHCG has been awarded the Glassdoor Top 50, Best Places to Work (small/medium companies) - for a good reason!

High growth has been constant since I started two years ago - no end in sight! This has provided immense opportunity to gain experience in all facets of the business, along with personal growth.

Ideas are not only encouraged, but frequently implemented - WilsonHCG uses a system called VOX - it's a feedback portal with a direct line to the CEO, John - you can submit feedback and attach your name, or completely anonymously if you so choose.

I have been with WilsonHCG since 2013 and have already experience multiple growth opportunities for my career.

Cons

With high growth comes a lot of change - employees must be willing to flex outside the standard job description and are really counted on to make an impact on the company.

Improvements have been made to the compensation structure - but people will always want to earn more money! That said, the inherent benefit in how much you can learn and grow from WilsonHCG offsets the minimal pay differences from similar companies.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you're doing and you'll continue to have the full faith of your employees!

7. I love working at Wilson, great atmosphere and great people

Current Employee - Intern in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Intern in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG

Pros

Great work environment and friendly people

Cons

Pay isn't has competitive to similar companies

8. Innovating with people that truly care

I have been working at WilsonHCG

Pros

Open culture, virtual environment, company values a solid culture, every employee has a voice and has the ability to grow! Management wants to stay current, and invests in new technology and initiatives.

Cons

We're growing rapidly, and with growth comes change. Some people might view these changes as a con.

Wonderful place to work!

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (less than a year)

Pros

WilsonHCG is very open to virtual roles, they have a competitive benefits package, their leadership is transparent and accessible. Clear ability for career growth. Fast paced. Innovative.

Cons

Having virtual roles can sometimes create challenges, but with the right technology, open communication and collaborative teammates it's nothing I've found to be a significant hurdle.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work as we continue to grow!

10. Relaxed, fun environment

Former Intern - Sourcing Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Former Intern - Sourcing Assistant in Tampa, FL

I worked at WilsonHCG as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Weekly interactive company calls.

Cons

Too relaxed of an environment

Wilson is a fantastic company to work for and with.

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The culture and work environment are very positive and forward thinking. Working from home is a great option if you live in an isolated area. There is a lot of emphasis on personal growth within the company and industry.

Cons

I have been with Wilson for 9 months and there are no cons that I can think of. This is by far the best company I have ever worked for.