WilsonHCG Reviews

Reset
4.1
WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson

Pros
  • Love the virtual environment although it was tricky to get used to initially (in 12 reviews)

• Good company culture; everyone is very helpful and supportive (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • While not necessarily a con, such a fast-paced environment can sometimes make a work-life balance a challenge (in 5 reviews)

• Limited career path, even for a "top" recruiter like myself (in 4 reviews)

Recruitment Consultant

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a Recruitment Consultant, you can work from home while recruiting for corporate clients of all types. There is minimal micromanagement compared to agency recruiting.

Cons

It can be difficult to manage your time effectively while working in a home office. You can also sometimes feel like you are on an island without being near other colleagues.

Advice to Management

The management team is amazing at WilsonHCG but if I had to make a recommendation, I would recommend more formal training as it relates to working from home so there is less of a learning curve to newly hired employees working from home for the first time.

If you are super chipper, kind of phony, and your work is your life - this place is for you!

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

Pumped staff - everyone is focused on bettering the company!
    They provide great training when you come on board.
    They promote from within.
    Great brand awareness campaigns

Cons

Very clique-ish. Think honors fraternity and if you are not "in" you will know
    The staff has high level titles but are in fact very green (with exception of a few execs)
    ATS system needs improvement as some basic functions are missing
    Overly obsessed with rules/processes - regimented
    Very social media oriented. Which is good IF you like to save pics, show your status, start or join blogs, committees, interest groups with your friends within the company on their internal social media site during your workday.

Recruitment Consultant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, and the ability to work remotely. Great Management and Leadership.

Cons

Not any that come to mind.

OK if you are entry level- get out if you want an honest, ethical career

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

WilsonHCG hires some great people. The virtual environment is also very attractive to prospective employees.

Cons

First and foremost, this company is dishonest! They are dishonest to their employees, and to their partners. I have read in other reviews about them telling employees (mostly entry level ones) to post positive reviews on here- I am glad I am not the only one. I could not believe some of the business practices that I witnessed when I worked at WilsonHCG. It's a decent company if this is your first job out of college, but if you want a career- and you are an honest and ethical business professional- don't have this company on your resume for long.

Advice to Management

I am not sure what happened to this company-or maybe it was always this way and just got worse. Practice honesty and have some integrity.

Recruiter

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG (Less than a year)

Pros

The growth this company is going through is phenomenal. If you are a hard worker and want to receive benefits from it like career growth, compensation and recognition- this is the place to go! An environment that fosters collaboration like this company does is rare. For the recruiters they get base salary and monthly bonuses based on performance. Not only that, but they can increase their base salary by being engaged within the organization...Awesome!
    -Virtual atmosphere for the most part
    -Incentive trip for top performers
    -Leadership program
    -Kudos program for giftcards/swag

Cons

With the growth Wilson is experiencing, we also have some of the pains that come with it. This is not a company that has been around for 100+ years and everything is status quo. This company is growing into something huge- so you either need to be on board and help it get there or this environment is not for you- which is okay. It may be painful now, but it is exciting to think of where we are headed and knowing we are a part of it from the start!

As a recruiter- You will work very hard, but with that work you will get the benefits of career growth and compensation. If you expect to do the bare minimum you will not be a top performer and enjoy the benefits.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the things that make us a good company internally...Yes we are growing, but try to maintain the values we have always stuck true to. Our company is made up of some of the greatest/hardest working people and we need to celebrate them more. Happy employees work harder!

Take more time doing things right from training, to implementing clients to ramping people up.

Sales and Marketing

Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG

Pros

Great culture, great people, great CEO. The company is really there to give a great foundation for their workers to succeed.

Cons

Not really any I can think of.

Advice to Management

More pizza Fridays!

Dishonest and Unethical Company

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- wonderful people who work as recruiters and sourcers
    - a few really good mid-management people
    - ability to work virtually

Cons

- Pretty much everything good written on this Glassdoor page is solicited by marketing. I have 3 emails from them during the past 5 months asking me to please complete a review. Part of the intern assignments are writing positive Glassdoor reviews. It's all a fabrication.

-Resources are low/non-exisitant - forced to use a phone program (lync) that has extremely poor functionality consistently across the company. My job is to call people. How can I do that with a phone that hardly works? Log in's to LinkedIn Recruiter, Dice, ZipRecruiter, etc. are shared among recruiters illegally. In fact, we were recently blacklisted from the Indeed.com site (per the CTO's exact words) due to the dishonesty.

- In the sales process, clients are told they are going to get A, B, and C products and services when they really are not getting much of anything. We are consistently told to outright lie to clients though they call it "stretching the truth a little" or "not telling the client everything"

-Using backdoor and unethical methods to increase business in current clients.

- Pay is extremely low compared to other organizations. Mid management is paid what Junior Recruiters are paid in other organizations. New people are being brought in at significantly higher pay than people who have grown up with the organization.

- Amount of work, deadlines, responsibilities, goals, etc. are unattainable unless you want to work 24/7. Many people who are top performers work all weekend long and into the late night hours most days.

-No training nor professional development opportunities. You are thrown into every situation here.

- Mid Management is so stressed out that many of them treat their employees poorly. They do not have time to listen to ideas or concerns of their teams. There are constant fire drills.

- Sr. Management is bi-polar. One day everyone loves you, the next day your are screamed at and belittled. You never know what the day will hold.

Advice to Management

Go back to who you used to be. The growth has unfortunately taken away the good of what WHCG once was. Try being truthful and transparent for a change. Your employees would likely react better than you expect they would. WHCG was once a nice change from the other RPO's out there, now it's just a carbon copy of them (and in many cases, is likely worse). How many more long term, veteran employees will you lose before you stop the bleeding and fix things?

Great Opportunity.

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you are looking for growth potential. The company has grown so much since I have joined. It it great to be a part of.

Cons

I can't think of any major cons. If there were any, they would be addressed quickly.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job. I'm excited to see where this company will be 5+ years from now.... Or even next year.

10. Best place to start work, hands down!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the company is extremely friendly and easy to get along with - work never feels like work when you enjoy what you're doing and who you're doing it with!

Virtual work environment (outside of Tampa HQ), and flexible/open to movement.

WilsonHCG has been awarded the Glassdoor Top 50, Best Places to Work (small/medium companies) - for a good reason!

High growth has been constant since I started two years ago - no end in sight! This has provided immense opportunity to gain experience in all facets of the business, along with personal growth.

Ideas are not only encouraged, but frequently implemented - WilsonHCG uses a system called VOX - it's a feedback portal with a direct line to the CEO, John - you can submit feedback and attach your name, or completely anonymously if you so choose.

I have been with WilsonHCG since 2013 and have already experience multiple growth opportunities for my career.

Cons

With high growth comes a lot of change - employees must be willing to flex outside the standard job description and are really counted on to make an impact on the company.

Improvements have been made to the compensation structure - but people will always want to earn more money! That said, the inherent benefit in how much you can learn and grow from WilsonHCG offsets the minimal pay differences from similar companies.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you're doing and you'll continue to have the full faith of your employees!

11. I love working at Wilson, great atmosphere and great people

Current Employee - Intern in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Intern in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG

Pros

Great work environment and friendly people

Cons

Pay isn't has competitive to similar companies

RSS Feed </> Embed