WilsonHCG Reviews

Updated September 23, 2014
4.1

WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson

Pros
  • Great coworkers, autonomous environment, work from home and strong growing company (in 7 reviews)

• Love the virtual environment although it was tricky to get used to initially (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • They over work their staff-work life balance is non-existent (in 4 reviews)

• As a Recruiter, I do not feel there is a career path here at Wilson (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Valuable Experience

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

--Access to recruiting tools, and ongoing instruction with those tools
    --Virtual environment, minimal micromanaging, team emphasis, very little "busy work"
    --Client management leaders made every attempt to make appropriate matches between the recruiter and the client. I always recruited for a client that I could add value to based on my personal strengths and interests
    --Fun, culture-based activities were a great way to involve virtual employees
    --Pretty much the best RPO you could work for...really working to define and expand the definition of RPO
    --Accessible, grounded CEO

Cons

--Messy compensation structure. Changed at least 2-3 times during my time with the company. Salaries remained low with little consideration for employee's local market
    --Limited career path, even for a "top" recruiter like myself
    --Occasionally thrown into awkward or unnecessarily challenging client situations BUT was always supported by WilsonHCG leadership
    --Cliquey management, "usual suspects" were often identified for rewards and promotions

Your most valuable contributors at the delivery level need to be recognized and rewarded more tangibly.

WilsonHCG Response

Sep 16, 2014Sr. Director of People & Culture

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your valuable feedback. We always appreciate hearing current and past employees’ thoughts, as they help us continue to improve. Regarding your concerns with ... More

Company has unnecessarily gone downhill

I worked at WilsonHCG

Pros

WilsonHCG has an excellent delivery staff and has the potential to be a leader in the RPO industry. The virtual environment is a plus for many recruiters and staff, except when current employees are forced to work well over the hours they are paid for to be successful.

Cons

I gave everything that I had to WilsonHCG for the years that I was employed. I never watched the clock, and did whatever was necessary for my team and for my clients. I am thankful for the company for what they taught me, and for the relationships that I made while I was with the company. I was a hard worker and a performer while I was employed with the company. To have worked so hard and feel so unaccomplished when leaving an organization is disappointing to say the least. The company culture claims to be very positive and encouraging, and I can honestly say that it is not. The amount of hours that everyone works to hit or exceed their goals is not normal. Sure, you can work 40-45 hours a week- even 50- and be a mediocre performer. But to anyone who strives to be above average- you best be prepared to give everything you have, including your personal time. The company is a good one-it could be a GREAT one-but they need to reevaluate their leadership and their values. I knew the core values of the company and strived to live by them everyday. But leadership needs to start practicing what they preach- and lead by them as well. A company is only as strong as its leaders.

I will not go into details about how the company has made me feel after my departure, but I will say that the phrase "You are as only as good as you were last week"..applies here. I would not state this unless I was 110% confident of what value I brought to the company during my tenure. I am currently working for a different company and I feel valued and appreciated- and it is extremely welcomed from the past situation that I was in.

I am disappointed, to say the least, in this company and its leadership. What they soon need to realize is good people-both professionally and personally- will continue to leave if things do not change from the executive level. You have phenomenal leaders in mid-management, but they have little to no control over how things are done.

I am very thankful for what this company has given for me, but even more thankful, unfortunately, that I have moved on.

Please see above

Great company until recently

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture
    Flexibility to work virtually
    Fast-paced environment
    Growing organization

WilsonHCG has a great corporate culture with employees that are truly passionate about what they are doing. The culture is great. They are very open to hearing ideas and suggestions, but very little on implementing any of them. If you have a passion for recruiting, this is a great place to be. WilsonHCG is a great place to start your career. They allow you to create your own professional development plan and there are great plans for growth in the future.

Cons

I truly enjoyed my time at this company, but many things went downhill over the last few months of employment. WilsonHCG has a strong vision, but they need a professional senior management team to deliver on it.
    The compensation is mediocre and there are no incentives for top performers because there is no commission structure. The work can get very monotonous with little ability to complete other projects, regardless of your performance.

The dynamics on the delivery team has changed dramatically over the past six months for the worse. Those in other departments seem to be oblivious to this fact because nothing has been done to change it. Current employees are very unhappy with their jobs on this team. WilsonHCG has lost many valuable employees over the past few months and hopefully they can turn it around. I left the organization for another opportunity and am truly sad to see where this company is headed if nothing is done.

Some management leaders are unprofessional. The boundaries between professional and work life do not seem to exist. Lack of professionalism with relationships among co-workers, management and those below them.
    It is hard to see a long term career path when you see "higher up" people quitting on an almost regular basis.

Don't micromanage your employees. The delivery team is the foundation of the whole organization, pay employees what they are worth or they will leave to find better opportunities. The favoritism is very evident and ignores top performers. Start listening to feedback and suggestions of employees. Put experienced professionals in management positions to lead teams.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

WilsonHCG is a company that is growing rapidly yet still maintaining it's close-knit, start-up feel.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

WilsonHCG is a close knit community. While we are a group of hard workers, you always feel as though you're working amongst friends who share a common goal. The company has seen a tremendous amount of growth over the last 12-18 months and is continuing to grow at a rapid rate. Despite such growth, senior management never loses sight of employee engagement and making sure their employees are happy.

Cons

As with any job, you'll always want to be paid more and receive more time off but compensation and PTO seems to be pretty standard within the competing market. Being an organization that is relatively young still, everyone is expected to truly give 110% all the time. While not necessarily a con, such a fast-paced environment can sometimes make a work-life balance a challenge.

I think we're headed in a great direction. I think senior management maintaining their open-door policy through such changes will continue to make for happy employees.

Would Not Recommend

I worked at WilsonHCG

Pros

Great people, virtual environment, growing company. Great recruiters. Some big name clients

Cons

Executive leadership-on both delivery and client sides- they have been disrespectful and unprofessional. Poor work/life balance. Underqualified leadership. No confidentiality- this is concerning and was very troubling for me. I have never been spoken to by leaders like I was at this company. My concerns, as many others, were dismissed after I escalated them. No one really cares how employees feel. Extreme favoritism. Do not have employees' best interests in mind. Disappointing and unprofessional.

Please listening to people who work extremely hard for you. Please employ more qualified and more professional leaders. It is unacceptable how people are spoken to and treated. You have heard this many times. There are a lot of good people who work for this company. Why did you let it change?

Sincere community of workers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG as an intern for less than a year

Pros

WilsonHCG is a great place to work. The company has wonderful coworkers and tons of opportunities for growth and success. I love working here because the mangers and executives really care about you. They listen and engage every worker right down to the interns.

Cons

I can't really think of a con. It is hard to feel engaged with the virtual employees sometimes but having yammer really helps!

My experience here has been nothing short of amazing!

Current Employee - Recruiting/Sourcing  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiting/Sourcing in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to work virtual, gorgeous Downtown Tampa offices, amazing corporate culture, my ideas/opinions are heard!, leadership listens and implements employee ideas, great PTO/benefits, promotions from within, growth potential

Cons

Pay isn't as competitive as it used to be, salary + bonus potential (performance-based) - lower than competitors and WilsonHCG employees do MORE for less

Take a look at pay scale - other than that keep doing what you're doing! Awesome place to be and grow - I'd rather work here for less than somewhere else for a little more and hate my job

Started off good - now I'm not so sure.

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Virtual Environment.
    Some talented employees.
    Good training program.
    Ok benefits.
    Mediocre compensation.
    Great for single people with no life outside work.

Cons

No work/life balance.
    Managers with no place being in the role they are in.
    Expectations are too high unless you are willing to not have a life outside work.

Take a good look at your managers. Some of them should not be there.

WilsonHCG Response

Sep 16, 2014Sr. Director of People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As the workforce evolves, work-life balance is a topic that deserves attention. As a progressive organization that values our employees ... More

Great place to start a career

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-life balance is very good, not to mention working from home has it's perks.

Cons

Upper management keeps talking about change is coming, but tomorrow never comes. The commission and pay structure left a lot to be desired, and speaking to my former co-workers it was one of the biggest factors in us leaving.

Please pay your staff what they are worth. Money isn't the end all be all, but it made it hard to stay when I was getting a lot more from my new company.

Could be better

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Their technolgy is pretty good.
    Virtual opportunities
    Flexible work schedules

Cons

As a Recruiter, I do not feel there is a career path here at Wilson. The compsensation is not where it used to be. The bonus this year was not what my manager told me last year. Concerned a ton of key people have left the company. I am hoping things and Wilson's outlook will get better.

Take a look at the turnover and hire more qualified individuals. Not sure what is going on with the company at times. No communication. Just work work work. Submit submit submit.

Worked for WilsonHCG? Contribute to the Community!