Wilsons The Leather Experts

Add Photos

Timothy G. Becker

Sad

Manager In Training/Keyholder (Former Employee) Gurnee, IL

ProsThe Work Culture, Product, Neat Store, Different Brands Within the Company.

ConsCompany Values, Store Management, Communication, No Appreciation,

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking here at first was pretty good, then I started to notice how much the store manager and the assistant gossip about people and how unprofessional they were. I was working as a key holder at WL and I was told that the position was eliminated but ended up finding out that I was not good enough for the position. I didn't appreciate getting lied too, I didn't appreciate how I worked my best and tried to adjust to a new store environment and was not told about anything. I would never work at this company again. I would say that the WL in Pleasant Prairie, WI is a very nice store, the employees are positive, upbeat, respectable, the store is clean, the customers are amazing, just a really nice work environment. A work environment should not be where there is constant gossip, no leading, always putting people down, dishonestly, I just really don't like that and it's not healthy to work there.

I love Wilson's.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Kenosha, WI

ProsFlexible Schedules
    Product knowledge
    Upmost customer service
    Friendly coworkers
    Very sales oriented (Goals)
    Upper management is always prompt and educated.
    Promotions are very achievable.

ConsLots of sale changes.
    I don't really have anything bad to say about the company. I love working here!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! Everyone works hard here and is appreciated!

sales

Sales Associate (Former Employee) San Ysidro, CA

Prosyou get to interact with people your age,

Conswork all weekends and have to rely on others availb.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wilson's Leather is your typical retail job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey really do focus on customers, above average customer service is expected from management. I learned a lot of new stuff on leather products and also efficient sales techniques. Nice employee discount.

ConsPoor communication with upper management on special sales and events. Would receive more merchandise than what was actually needed.

Believe the bad reviews!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, good discount, decent product. Really not much else than this. DM was easy to get in touch with when needed.

ConsTerrible support system. A lot of emphasis on conversion. Really old POS system. As a manager you are expected to work 44+ hours a week (one day a week being a 12 hour shift). Sales change too often and confuse the customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in training. Do not allow management to move into their position until they are fully trained in all aspects. Especially scheduling and zoning! These areas are key to a store's success!

Terrible Culture

ProsHealth Insurance and pay check.

ConsA culture of fear and intimidation.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork one day in your store.

High sales goals very negative district manager

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

Prosfellow associates, customers were mostly nice.

Conslong hours no breaks no matter what you do never god enough

Advice to Senior Managementtry saying something nice every once in a while.

ugh

Store Manager (Current Employee)

Prosummm... a regular paycheck, not much to brag about here.

Consno breaks, poor training, inconsistent managers

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your workers better!

Wilsons is a joke....

Sales (Former Employee) Johnson Creek, WI

ProsThe good discount.....Meeting people from all different types of backgrounds

ConsI tried to quit, but the store manage wouldn't let me go saying I was his best employee. There is a lack of motivation for sales. (Lets make money). Isnt very motiviational to me. The staff is poorly trained. There is no excitement going to store. Management never says good job today or I never felt appreciated. Its hard to learn new things, cause u have to be a MT or Management to learn opening things or closing things. Its like your restricted to only sales and customer service. So I left the company recently I was under paid for someone who has a degree in Fashion. I feel Wilsons all they want to do is make money. What about customer service if a customer comes in to buy a wallet the management expects u to make a huge sale. If u cross sell leather care but u ring it under another associate, that associate gets the credit for the sale. Those surveys really, forcing customers to choose strongly agree just so we can get points. I think its just wrong I mean as a customer I would put down real feedback not be forced to choose strongly agree.

Advice to Senior Managementtrain ur employees on types of leather and practice role playing with customers. Give good feed back to employees

EXPLOITATION AT IT'S FINEST.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsOnce you reach management there is no way you can get fired. Come to work drunk its ok here. The company has great benefits but at a store level you are treated like crap.

ConsYou will get no breaks, they will lie to you about your employment status. If you report to HR any negative or illegal action they will fire you. The hypocrisy in management is outragous and should be looked into.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make sure to hire a third party group for HR. There needs to be a check on nepotism with relation to its promotion standards on a store level. Training standards need to be improved. HR needs to do a audit on the practices and procedures, there employees are not getting breaks and are being harassed there needs to be a stop to this. Employees are told if they call HR and file complaints they will be Fired. Which I have seen happen.

Worked for Wilsons The Leather Experts? Contribute to the Community!