Wilton Brands

www.wilton.com

Wilton Brands Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Wilton Brands – Darien – “Wilton School”

Wilton Brands – Darien – “Wilton School”

Jerry W. Levin

Good environment for skill development.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLearned a lot about the full cycle of business and product development. Good place to push and develop skills. Was giving the reins.

ConsDifficult to incorporate new ideas, Wilton can be stuck in their ways. They have had a hard time retaining good talent and keeping up with the changing times of the work environment. Plans can change on a dime, often due to poor preliminary planning, resulting in lots of wasted time. Can be hard to focus with lots of projects simultaneously being juggled at once.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to balance quality more, rather than quantity.

Big time corporate branding

Class Marketing (Current Employee)

ProsI like working from home. But took away our flexible schedules.

ConsHave lost the ability to be creative, too busy filing reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe new management doesn't know the history of the programs. They need to listen and respect the workers that have been on the job 25+ years instead of listening to outside consultants.

Good company; not perfect, but seems to be going in the right direction

Product Manager (Current Employee) Woodridge, IL

ProsGreat company for younger professionals looking to get good experience; you will learn a lot; opportunity to move up if you're smart and work hard; entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged; fun product, nice people; good culture; summer hours

Conswork life balance is not good- management will say it is important, but will do nothing to help you when the work load is consistently too heavy. Not surprising, nearly all of upper management and director level positions also work long hours and weekends on a regular basis; compensation is low for CPG companies in the area

Advice to Senior Managementthe work life balance issue will prevent good people from staying and should be addressed

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company with potential falls short

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Woodridge, IL

ProsSummer hours and casual workplace atmosphere are nice benefits.

ConsMany senior management are out of touch with the logistics of lower level jobs. Lack of communication between co-dependent departments causes stress and animosity among co-workers. Because of poor company performance over the past few years, layoffs were made resulting in unrealistic expectations from overworked employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate an environment of interdepartmental cooperation and teamwork. Listen to your employees, their ideas & suggestions- have confidence in their abilities and knowledge. Provide your employees with the appropriate tools necessary to perform their job effectively and efficiently (you will need to spend some $$ and hire more employees)

Creative and fun job

Wilton Method Instructor (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsIndependent Contractors set their own schedule
    Marketing is provided by Wilton

ConsPay is low, most WMI's teach because they love to teach, not because they are paid well.

Glass Half Full

ProsSupportive management, increasing career opportunities for those who work hard, half-day Fridays during the summer, a growing understanding for the digital space.

ConsProjects are done on increasingly short deadlines, some of which suffer as a result. Can't help but wonder often how much better a product could have been if adequate time had been given to develop it, rather than fixing it in the aftermath.

Safe company to work for

ProsEmployees are very nice and easy to work with

ConsNot a very diverse company at all.

Over 10 years with company

Graphic Artist (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe products are fun to promote. Lots of test kitchen "mistakes" to enjoy.

ConsVery cliquish & high school-ish.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps listen to the customers and workers, not to your own narrow minded ideas.

Friendly people who work hard but share a laugh through the day

ProsAbsolutely the best group of people I've worked with.
    Fun products across a range of customers
    Driven to serve the customer well

ConsNeed more people to manage the work load at times. Lots of moving parts. Lots of details to keep track of. Working on but still need to improve product marketing from traditional customers to newer markets.

Company in transition

ProsVery creative and fun workplace. Casual environment with friendly co-workers. Good work/life balance.

ConsIn transition and going through some growing pains. Doesn't have good procedures set-up for collaboration between departments

Worked for Wilton Brands? Contribute to the Community!