WinCo Foods Reviews

Reset
3.2
WinCo Foods President, CEO, and Director Steven Goddard
Steven Goddard

Pros
  • good benefits/ESOP not what it used to be the big corporate guys who retired took it all (in 8 reviews)

• Ranging from medical and dental to reductions in bills from associated vendors like Verizon Wireless (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The other thing that I disagree with is the pay scale after you become full time status (in 10 reviews)

• culture,work-life balance,promotions, and extreme labor if you're doing freight (in 3 reviews)

Store Personnel Clerk

Former Employee - Store Personnel Clerk in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Store Personnel Clerk in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at WinCo Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

has great employees, great benefits and retirement

Cons

not remembering how the company started and hiring outside management from failing companies.

Advice to Management

Winco need to promote and train within the company and stop hiring and promoting management to run our company when they have no ideas why the company is successful. It takes longer then a year to understand why we are what we are.

2. Good Company

Former Employee - Cashier in South Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Cashier in South Ogden, UT

I worked at WinCo Foods (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome people to work with, great environment.

Cons

I loved everything about this company

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Good company great benefits, AMAZING retirement

I have been working at WinCo Foods full-time

Pros

Been there almost 18 years and the retirement is absolutely amazing, Benefits are inexpensive and offer great coverage.

Cons

Stressful, busy and always something to do but the days go by fast and before you know it is time to go.

Advice to Management

Although this company has grown, don't forget where WinCo started, the employees who gave themselves up to make this company what it is today.

Worked as a cashier for 2 years. Helped me pay for community college and get a good first start.

Current Employee - Cashier in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Cashier in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at WinCo Foods part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, the management is open to working with your schedule, pay is decent, paid vacation and sick leave for employees.

Cons

They don't hire enough people so the workload can be stressful. Customers are often rude which leads to more stress. Very little support for workplace fatigue and stress. Pay isn't as good as it could be. "Employee-owned" isn't what it sounds. We most certainly do not own the company.

Advice to Management

Hire more people and don't try and load a huge amount of work onto just a handful of people. Allow your employees to form unions.

6. GO Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at WinCo Foods full-time

Pros

Looking for a career it is an excellent place to work and regardless of your educational level you can retire a millionaire. There are a lot of ways to promote from within if you create a good brand for yourself and volunteer for additional responsibilities.

Cons

Seems overly structured on occasion, but in all fairness, consistency is important if not critical from a risk management point of view.

Advice to Management

Try new things...experiment with schedules and outside of the box practices. If new approaches don't work you can always resort back.

7. Freight crew

Current Employee - Freight Clerk in Springfield, OR
    Current Employee - Freight Clerk in Springfield, OR

I have been working at WinCo Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you work hard and perform what's expected you usually get a 35-40 hour week schedule with two days off in a row.

Cons

Poor work hours, usually 11:30 -8 am. Terrible attendance policy!!! Don't be late or get sick or your job is in danger. Most of the time you are understaffed.

Advice to Management

Schedule more employees per night to avoid wearing your crew into the ground. Also play fair, don't play favorites with a lead or the crew will resent you.

8. Poor Compensation, Poor Management

I worked at WinCo Foods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incremental pay and benefits increases as employment length increases. Opportunity for part time work with no education.

Cons

Outdated management tactics. Minimal consideration of employee workload.

Advice to Management

An internal and anonymous review process for supervisors/ shift managers. Several managers use unethical means of "employee motivation".

Employee Owned

Current Employee - Space Management Tech in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Space Management Tech in Portland, OR

I have been working at WinCo Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company plans to keep growing

Cons

Has outgrown "Family Business" type feeling it once had in the Waremart era

cashier/checker

Former Employee - Deputy Clerk in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Deputy Clerk in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at WinCo Foods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steve Behn was an awesome store manager and terrific boss/supervisor. All the employees worked as a team and we always had a good time. Mgmt worked around my schedule with my full time job. We ALWAYS got raises that depended on how many hours we worked. The longer the length of time with the company the higher the raise.

Cons

Self checkout should have 2 cashiers assigned ALL THE TIME to prevent distractions and theft. In case you are wondering why I am not working for Winco anymore is because I relocated to the east coast and they don't have Wino Foods on the east coast :(

Advice to Management

PLEASE BUILD WINCO FOODS ON THE EAST COAST!!!! I MISS WORKING FOR WINCO.

Squeeze

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker

I worked at WinCo Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working as a 'freight monkey' / overnight stocker at WinCo Foods has a fast paced environment. There are a lot of opportunities for overtime, at least when I was there. The medical insurance plan is very good.

Cons

The store is open 24/7, so you can end up opening boxes and stocking shelves with customers walking around you. There is a rush to do as much work as possible with the smallest crew that can pull it off. They didn't want to add positions or raise wages, even when competitors did. At entry level you can make nearly $3 more per hour if you work at a local grocery store, or maybe even walmart. Working at WinCo will probably be harder than being at a different store, because of the way it is managed.

Advice to Management

change the pay scale system

RSS Feed </> Embed