WinMill Software
www.winmill.com New York, NY 50 to 149 Employees

WinMill Software Reviews

WinMill Software – “Grand Central”

Joseph Strazza

Launched my professional career, never stopped learning and growing

I have been working at WinMill Software

ProsWinMill has amazing breadth for a company of its size; it has fantastic clients and works in so many different technologies and arenas that you would think it was a consultancy ten times larger. They have very competitive rates and very accommodating growth paths. Both the CEO and the President are consummate professionals, with excellent processes and a desire to see their employees do well.

ConsWinMill's clients tend to be very well-known, high-profile companies. If this is your first position out of college, you are going to be challenged to grow up very fast. If you are coming to WinMill from a larger consultancy with cushy contracts, get ready to put your boots on. There is a lot of opportunity, but you have to be willing to work for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPursue the emerging tech opportunities even harder; developers love to be on cutting edge technology.

A company with strong values

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at WinMill Software full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDuring my employment with WinMill Software, I have always been impressed with the strong value system that the company promotes and encourages in its employees. This value system begins with the clients - we strive for the highest quality of service and deliverables on every project, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism. The value system is also evident in the way the company takes care of its employees. The managers genuinely care about the employees happiness, professional satisfaction, and quality of life.

Regarding the benefits package, WinMill offers a very nice combination of traditional health insurance and a medical reimbursement plan, which keeps the employee out of pocket expenses minimal.

ConsI have not been dissatisfied with any aspect of my employment with WinMill Software.

I noticed that one earlier review suggested that if an employee did not have an assignment with a client, they are let go. From my own firsthand experience, this is not the case. Consultants that are between projects generally will engage in training or self-study to learn new skills relevant to their professional development goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great company to work for!!

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at WinMill Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe top things I considered when accepting an offer with WinMill were:

-Work environment
-Work balance
-Company's financial considerations
-Employee relationships
-Growth Opportunity

WinMill Software offers it all. Everyone at the company, from management to staff is like one big team. Everyone has always been available to assist/guide when any project issues occur.

I am glad to be a part of a company that values its employees.

ConsNone that I can think of. We have meetings every week and if any concerns/issues arises, the management team makes sure it's resolved immediately.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Very close to just a middle man

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at WinMill Software

ProsAlthough is a consulting company they will give you a base salary and full time employee benefits. They will send you to a client and it really depends on the client on how this will work out for you.

ConsIf the client company cuts your rate, then expect a cut in your base salary. If your project at the clients ends, most likely your job will end.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advise I would give to management is that they should have more projects available and don't act as merely a middle man.

Worked for WinMill Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WinMill Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WinMill Software CEO Joseph Strazza. All reviews posted anonymously by WinMill Software employees.