WinSport Canada

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Dan O'Neill

Had a great time

Hockey and Skating Instructor (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsThe people are amazingly nice, friendly and kind. I had an absolute joy working at the arena and being a part of the team and I wish I could have remained there. The perks were great as well, even if I never took advantage of them.

ConsThe pay and hours weren't quite at a level where I could justify supporting myself just on working for WinSport alone. Attempts to work in additional departments or get extra work fell on deaf ears. Leadership was good, but not always consistent. Sometimes people who were more buddies with management got work over those that actually knew what they were doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps hire less people, or people that you can dedicate longer hours and more pay to? Also maybe allow a way for employees to submit feedback in a way that they would be protected from their boss that is buddies with everyone else?

Chaos and disorganization is the name of their game

Server (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsI enjoyed the people I worked beside were awesome. Free ski pass is nice.

ConsThey under-value their employees by providing very little positive feedback. The pay system is messed...don't expect to be paid for overtime ever, and if you leave the company, make sure you kept track of your hours and don't expect to get paid on time. Also, there is such disorganization there. Trying to get a hold of someone in admin? Good luck!

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication!! I can't express it enough! The management doesn't appreciate enough the hard work the employees do. Make sure the employees are *paid on time*!!

constant change of staff facilities getting better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossports, recreation, people, location, athletes

ConsConstant turnover of full time staff

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsOutdoors and in city do great location

ConsUnstable management at the very top

Worked for WinSport Canada? Contribute to the Community!