WinStar World Casino

Review

Former Employee - Security Dispatcher
    Former Employee - Security Dispatcher

I worked at WinStar World Casino

Pros

if full time, benefits are good

Cons

if part time not many benefits

share info between departments. While working there I was always getting offers like I was a patron.

Micro Management

I worked at WinStar World Casino

Pros

Benefits,compensation,holiday incentives and fun enviroment

Cons

Hard to progress, immature upper management

Hire higher quality individuals

Hell, fire and brimstone included

I worked at WinStar World Casino

Pros

Decent pay for no experience

Cons

Winstar will slowly such the soul out of you. Every negative review on here is totally correct.

Fire yourselves. Management is clueless as to how a company should be run.

Very employee friendly.

Former Employee - Cook in Thackerville, OK
    Former Employee - Cook in Thackerville, OK

I worked at WinStar World Casino part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at Winstar you have the opportunity for movement. Growing in this company is easily done. Those in management are usually competent.

Cons

The customers are near impossible to work with. The stress that is put on the employee is more harsh than necessary.

Consider doing more in-depth training on the Actual customer service experience. Also the handling of many aspects of more situations.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Safety Clerk in Thackerville, OK
    Current Employee - Safety Clerk in Thackerville, OK

I have been working at WinStar World Casino part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best thing about WinStar is the benefits. They are second to none. I have two great bosses in my department. Another great thing is the variety of people who work there. They do not discriminate because of age, so there are people who are in their 80s and people who are in their 20s. There is opportunity for advancement in most departments, too.

Cons

The pay scale is rather low. You do get a 40 cent raise every year and a bonus in November if you do all the things required to earn it. Its not really hard to do.

There are a lot of things that could be done to make it a better place to work. The 28 hour part time thing should be the exception rather than the rule. There are people out there that only want to work a few hours, but most folks need more than that to survive.

excellent company to work for

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Thackerville, OK
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Thackerville, OK

I worked at WinStar World Casino part-time (more than a year)

Pros

good pay, a lot of different jobs availiable within

Cons

travel cost, pay raise only once a year,

It's not just a job ... well, it's really just a job.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thackerville, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thackerville, OK

I worked at WinStar World Casino full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Superlative benefits and "family" work environment have been positive aspects touted by the company. If your lucky, you can work with a good crew that looks out for each other.

Cons

Unfortunately, the benefits are not what they used to be, and HR has tried to cut back on employees' time so they don't have to pay out so much. The problem with the family ideal is that it is not a family. Rampant nepotism and cronyism coupled with incompetent management discourage most competent employees. I thought once I got in the door in an entry-level job, I would be able to move up, but I was wrong. My degree and years of military service mean nothing to these people. I wasted a year with this company that doesn't care about its employees. Most of the mid-level casino staff and leadership are children that couldn't lead a cat out of a wet paper bag with a map, compass, and a GPS. Vault management consistently fails employees who contribute the most. Winstar is completely at odds with Chickasaw values.
    Oh, and don't get me started on the food. Totally disgusting.
    DON'T WORK HERE UNLESS YOU FALL INTO 1 OF 2 CATEGORIES: KIDS THAT DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT TO DO WITH THEIR LIVES, OR BORED RETIREES THAT NEED HEALTH CARE BENEFITS.

Worthwhile employees are sometimes discouraged from advancement because they lose pay, or lose time. Restructure pay/benefits at the supervisor level so that quality employees will actually want to stay and earn promotion. Fire incompetent managers. If you can't figure out who those are, then you need to fire yourself!

If I could rate them negative stars, I would.

I have been working at WinStar World Casino

Pros

Meeting new and interesting people. Discounts at most of the restaurants. Time and a half pay on holidays.

Cons

You are expected to deliver the best customer service in the industry, but they literally make it impossible to do so. They do not offer equipment or tools for your job that work (it is the cheapest that they can find, and if it breaks they wont replace anything until they have duct taped it together for months and months). They do not communicate any new information that would be useful in order to do your job. They do not offer any benefits for new employees, however, I was grandfathered in as an employee of 5 years, and they still manage to screw me out of everything that they can. They rob their employees, are EXTREMELY cheap, are so incredibly unprofessional and unorganized it's unbelievable. They make sure to delay your yearly raises as long as they can until you literally have to plead and beg repeatedly and it still ends up being months late (but think of all the money that THEY are saving!). Also if you have an issue don't bother going to HR or their HQ in Ada, it won't do you any good. I consider myself a very valuable employee as my work ethic and attendance are never a problem and have never been at any of my previous jobs, but have never felt that they valued me or any of my many coworkers. They are a sovereign nation with lots and LOTS of money and will continue to do whatever they want and treat their employees as poorly as they can.

Maybe stop trying to screw over all of your employees, that would be a great start!

Decent pay and benefits for young people.

Current Employee - Player Club Clerk/Vault Clerk
    Current Employee - Player Club Clerk/Vault Clerk

I have been working at WinStar World Casino part-time (more than a year)

Pros

While I was there, all part time employees got medical benefits after 90 days.
    Paid cross training and fun company events with great prizes!
    you get to meet a lot of interesting people

Cons

Not much room to move up.
    tends to be a lot or drama and favoritism within certain departments.
    When I was leaving they cut part time hours and pulled benefits.
    its a bit of a drive for most people.
    Manager treat employees like children.

provide management training so people in management and supervisor roles learn to properly and respectfully speak to their teams and handl internal issues.

Poor Management

Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Thackerville, OK

I worked at WinStar World Casino full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Paid well and great insurance.

Cons

If you are a member of the tribe, there are no cons. If your are not, opportunities for advancement are fewer, as citizens always have priority, no matter their qualifications for the job or lack thereof.

Get out of the dark ages and stop conducting your business they way you did when it was a tent with 25 employees.