Winchester Hospital

CEO

GREAT PLACE TO WORK!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Winchester, MA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Winchester, MA

I have been working at Winchester Hospital part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

WH is a really great place to work. Most fellow coworkers and managers make a concerted effort to work as a team and provide the patient care possible. Great benefits and family feel. Managers try to accommodate employee wishes with respect to time off, etc.

Cons

As with any workplace, the drama can be excessive....choose to stay out of it and your experience won't change. The pay is lower because it is a community hospital but great benefits. Too many people on FMLA...and take advantage. Should be more scrutiny regards to equity among employees regarding attendance policy enforcement.

Fabulous organization. Very thoughtful approach to it's mission.

I worked at Winchester Hospital full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

welcoming corporate culture
    dedicated, caring staff
    great location

Cons

currently none to speak of

Keep your core values strong as you merge with Lahey.

I enjoyed working there

Former Employee - Staff Technologist in Winchester, MA
    Former Employee - Staff Technologist in Winchester, MA

I worked at Winchester Hospital part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work associates were great to work with & miss working with me. They tell me they think of me when they have some difficult casses.

Cons

They some times did not tell of problems until some time later. the requirement to evaluate your self.

Tell you of possible actions, if they were taken.

Very disappointing experience after knowing so many of the folks that work there.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Winchester Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a very tough category as the place really is a cult.

Cons

The biggest challenge is the culture of the management team. They are like robots who dont know how to turn around without each other's opinion. The management style of my supervisor was terribly disappointing in that is was a very "this is the way we have done things for years" mentality with no willingness to even listen to a new idea. My boss was grossly underqualified for her position and continuously took credit away from others. Her blatant favoritism for certain members of the staff was the absolute worse part about working there.

Be more welcoming to new people and their ideas.

a trap warning danger danger

Former Employee - MEDICAL BILLING
    Former Employee - MEDICAL BILLING

I worked at Winchester Hospital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

the benefits are best I have ever seen quality health plan, great time off accruals

Cons

there are strict rules and structurethat stagnates growth both in a career and in innovating solutions

Fine place to work and learn

Current Employee - Per Diem in Winchester, MA
    Current Employee - Per Diem in Winchester, MA

I have been working at Winchester Hospital part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good team environment, most people are genuinely friendly, cafeteria food is not bad, timely reviews. Excellent work is recognized by management - sometimes you get a gift card, sometimes you're just thanked personally. Either way, they try to make you feel valued.

Cons

It's an old building - uneven distribution of heat and a/c. The building is always being renovated or under construction, so that means constant reorientation. Shuttles to employee parking lots do not come often enough in the afternoon. The pay is not enough and funding for the place is constantly under threat, and all employees are reminded of this, to the extent that unnecessary stress is felt.

They do pretty well, actually. Great experience, particularly for students, teachers and entry-level employees.

Worst place to work!

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Winchester, MA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Winchester, MA

I worked at Winchester Hospital part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits, pay, and the patients

Cons

I worked here for a short time and it was horrible. If you are coming to work here to learn or expand your career forget about it! They will not give you a chance. Staff are clicky and if you don't fit into their group they will find ways to push you out. Lots of backstabbing and belittling from staff and manager. I was miserable here and came in to work sick to my stomach every day. Toxic and unprofessional environment!

Be more supportive and respectful of new employees. Take the time to teach new employees rather than setting the up for failure.

Administrative Secretary I

I have been working at Winchester Hospital

Pros

Great place to work. Very team oriented which keeps morals up and energy high. The upper management always finds a way to welcome, congratulate or just say hi to every employee.

Cons

Parking is limited but Winchester Hospital provides shuttle buses from every off-site parking lot to the hospital's front door.

Good volunteer position

Former Employee - Messenger in Wilmington, MA
    Former Employee - Messenger in Wilmington, MA

I worked at Winchester Hospital as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Enjoyed it.
    Free drinks
    Great Staff
    Got to meet some very interesting and fun people as well

Cons

Boring from time to time. Overall, not that bad, and there aren't too many other cons that I can think of about this place

N/A

Management doesn't care about registration people.

Current Employee - Registration Associate in Winchester, MA
    Current Employee - Registration Associate in Winchester, MA

I have been working at Winchester Hospital part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary, co-workers, that's about it.

Cons

We are written up if we punch out 30 seconds before our time, even if our replacements are standing there, waiting to take our seats. The rest of the hospital can punch out up to 7 mins early under the same circumstances. We are also all cramped in a tiny office that was just built this past year, not as an afterthought. There is plenty of room in that area, so they could easily have designed something with the thought of the number of people working together in mind. The overnight person must work alone and cover the entire hospital, checking people into the ED, both in triage and on the other side at the ambulance bay, admit people into the hospital from the ED, move beds for inpatients, take care of L+D admissions and births, run reports, collect co-pays, check insurance, and make all the appropriate calls when there is a death.

You say you care about the employees but actions speak louder than words.