Wincor Nixdorf

Updated March 3, 2015
2.6

Wincor Nixdorf President, CEO, and Director Eckard Heidloff
Eckard Heidloff

Pros
  • Plenty of overtime, Worked with some good field techs (in 3 reviews)

• Work life Balance, Global leader in the domain, Huge customer base, Good brand Value (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is non existant (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management isn't effective to grow the company (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

A company staying ahead in competition and profit margins, always for a better outcome.

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Wincor Nixdorf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a field service tech, work starts from home, no pressure, plenty of overtime if you want it, vehicle provided, parts and support provided. Paid a fixed salary at 40 hr work week and some days there are fewer calls.

Cons

None to make aware of that isn't true for majority of all jobs. A better ticket debriefing system would be nice.

Hang in there, it can only get better. A lot is being asked of management with many changes going on, but I can only see a better future.

No balance between work and personal.

Former Employee - Second Line Field Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Second Line Field Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Salary is fair with lots of overtime. You are required to work so many hours a week OT.

Cons

Reminds me of people who work on a sweat shop. Bottom line they do not care about the employee. It is call after call for the whole day.

Concentrate on a balance work load.

No vision. Hostile work environment. The company literally hates its customers.

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good products. Great workers. Software has some issues but all resources over allocated..

Cons

Teach management remedial business practices and help then understand what "profit and loss" means.

Company missed planning for EMV and Win 7 so not enough resources to support customers. If this was missed then it's horrifying to see what less obvious things were also forgot about.

Leadership is incompetent. This is at every level but in PS it is rampant stupidity and leaders are clueless on how to manage a business.

I was instructed how to bill customers for work not actually performed which was the last straw.

Fire the leaders in PS that will drive this company to its grave...again.

The most political place I ever worked

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is competitive, nice office building conveniently located (unless you are assigned to no man's land Manor Texas).

Cons

Upper management is out of touch and a complete mess making bad decision after bad decision-or makes NO decisions which allows the workers to inevitably fail and cause extreme customer dissatisfaction. Low moral amongst employees who are over-worked and under appreciated. Upper management thinks everything is 'on track' and that we just need to 'push harder!' Co-workers are disrespectful and unprofessional to each other and anywhere else people would be fired.

Hire additional resources, less management- NEW Executive management, and hire new controllers who don't rob Peter to pay Paul.

Project analyst

I have been working at Wincor Nixdorf

Pros

Lot of SAP and Ms Excel experience

Cons

Bad management. Drop into the deep water and "swim or sink". Minimal training.

Good company until they started outsourcing

Former Employee - Second Line Field Representative
    Former Employee - Second Line Field Representative

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good training ,company vehicle, all equiptment ,tools provided . Senior techs available and tech support when needed. Plenty of overtime if a person wants it.

Cons

Not much room for any advancement .Requirements to work overtime due to constant understaffing creates problems with family life .Management never gets techs involved in any decision making.

Discuss upcoming changes with techs and get input from them. There are a lot of good techs with ideas that give up because they don't believe they can make a difference

Hires unqualified managers. No respect for Field techs

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of overtime, Worked with some good field techs.

Cons

No work life balance. Company does not have enough employee manpower, for service contracts in all areas. Outsourced dispatch team from Mexico who have no clue of job duties. New managers coming into company Have no clue on how to run a field service team.

Hire managers Who actually understand field services, and did work in the field before. Create some sort of work life balance for field employees. Hire manager who have not lied on resume to get a position.

lots of hours = good paycheck while sacrificing family

I have been working at Wincor Nixdorf full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits, easy work, great logistics supply chain, plenty of knowledgeable technicians who's always willing to help.

Cons

long hours: 8 + 4hrs on call 5-6 days a week = understaffed, now outsourced dispatching team who has no credibility let alone knowledge of tasks, poor support and accountability from management

field techs are the workforce of the company. enough of the 12+ hours work day, managers dont work that. enough of hiring more management and support as there is plenty on the field. hold managers accountable to field techs instead of just being their slave driver. be realistic, have some compassion and boost morale in the lower ranks. look at coverage and add where needed. 300 -400 miles per day will demotivate anyone in no time.

Worst Experience Ever

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Miami, FL

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They give you all the tools to do your job.

Cons

Too much mandatory overtime. Little support or poor support .

Your techs are humans with families , not robots . If you keep the moral low you will get poor work.

Field Service Engineer

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at Wincor Nixdorf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you like overtime you will get plenty of it. The health insurance is good. I'm trying to think of something else nice to say and I just can't come up with anything.

Cons

Too much overtime. We are routinely scheduled for 10-12 hour shifts 5 days a week and sometimes we are scheduled for 6-7 days a week. We are seriously understaffed which creates the situation for so much overtime. When we lose a tech it can typically take 18 months or more to replace them, if at all. They say the area where that tech used to work doesn't have enough call volume to justify hiring another tech but they send techs from other areas to cover for weeks at a time. They expect you to work yourself to death then for years they say they can't afford to give raises. The tools they provide us to do our job don't work half the time and if you call IT they don't know how to fix it, if they send you a new laptop or PDA half the time they are worse than the one you had that didn't work right in the first place. The company has taken a policy of not promoting from within so there is no advancement opportunity and no future, unless you just want a job where you make the same thing year after year and have no life because you work so many hours.

Managers are so busy micro-managing things that are outside their purview that they aren't managing the people at all. Which in a position where you are working remotely creates a situation where too many of the techs aren't doing their job. Which leads to missed SLAs and lots and lots of overtime.