Wincor Nixdorf

www.wincor-nixdorf.com
Employer Engaged

Great company, great people, great, customers, and great technology

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf

Pros

Wincor has a team orientated culture that is a great place to contribute all that you have, including your creative intelligence. From a sales perspective this has been an environment where there are outstanding sales people who I have learned so much from that will help in the world of complex, enterprise sales. In addition, the technology (software and hardware) is some of the best in the industry.

Cons

Every company has challenges and Wincor is no exception. The compensation plan is probably the lowest you will find in the industry.

Old school tech company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf full-time

Pros

Easy schedule and workload in some departments
    Global corporation resources with deep pockets
    A few (but not enough) departments are well run

Cons

Not challenging enough in some departments
    Some very poor middle and senior managers in key positions
    Old school work environment
    Not very innovative for a technology company
    Pay scales too low to attract top people

You have got to be kidding me!

I have been working at Wincor Nixdorf full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay is average and since there is no oversight you can get paid for sitting at home on your duff. So if you are a lazy cuss, this would be the place for you.

Cons

I was constantly asked to lie to the customer(s) about what the products(s) do. The installation process is an absolute nightmare and if you have any problems, don't expect any support during US hours. You work an 8-10 hour day (if you're one of the people who work) and then have to stay up half the night on the phone with Germany, just to be insulted, or with China, IF you get permission to talk to them, for some actual help -- but the problem isn't fixed for months because they are so back logged in China. Project Managers and Sales are constantly making promises that cannot be met. New installations are scheduled to take weeks, and are touted as start to finish with a completely functional environment; however, the latest install I have been involved in is still on-going 6 months out. More and more people are working on this installation and the customer is hot as hell! If you value your reputation -- RUN!

Stop making promises to the customer that cannot possibly be fulfilled. It's insulting and counter productive. Perhaps this is the way things are done in Germany and Europe, but US customers don't like it.

Terrible Leadership

Former Employee - Management in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Austin, TX

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Dedicated employees, who work hard to deliver for their customers. Products are pretty advanced and have decent technology.

Cons

Where to start... US Leadership team has zero respect for their employees, and customers, for that matter. No consideration for employee work/life balance. They close sales deals with next to no margin to increase footprint, without thinking that down the road, supporting their new customers will require a big investment in support. They didn't make the investment of additional headcount/resources and their customers ended up suffering. The worst thing they did was basically ask me and other members of the management team to lie (I'm sure the US execs would not say we lied...merely withheld relevant information) to 2 of our biggest customers regarding known defects with the product. Then when it was apparent to the customers that this known issue was impacting their business/customers, they hung me out to dry in front of the customer and did nothing to intervene - just passed the buck to me as their scapegoat. Exec team lacks all scruples, character, and basic decency.

I would never again work for or recommend anyone work for this company. In fact, when I need to withdraw cash and walk up to an ATM, I won't use a Wincor machine - even if it means I have to get back in my car to drive to another ATM somewhere else in town.

Listen to your employees. Take control of the US business from decision made in HQ in Germany - the banking industry is very different in the US from Germany/EMEA. They don't understand US customers and won't invest to meet customer needs.

Dysfunctional Workplace

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf

Pros

Great people to work with
    Good pay

Cons

Outdated insufficient knowledge base
    Little or no training

Offer employees more training and better support in the way of an updated and comprehensive knowledge base. Promote from within the company to improve moral. Hire contract workers after a period of time instead of keeping "temps" indefinitely.

No growth available, management not fit for a technology driven company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wincor Nixdorf

Pros

A stable paycheck. Learn more about Banking/Retail business. Regular decent office rules. Supervisors can be rather lenient if you are in good standings. Some positions pay more than they should.

Cons

Management does not recognize talent. Management and supervisors do not communicate very well to all departments. Many unnecessary barriers between departments within Wincor. No raises for a year, no matter the amount of work. Possible up to 2 years before seeing a increase in pay. No benefits outside of terrible staffing agencies options. May not get permanent status even after a year of good reviews. Have been known to take back raise/position offers on multiple occasions. Loud for a call center. No e-cigarettes inside. Manor office is a inconvenient location. Cannot have multiple holidays off in one year. Vacation and Holiday pay does not kick in till accumulated about a year of regular shift hours. No overtime generally depending on department. Does not terminate people who underperform or who are not a good fit. Money within the company could be better utilized.

Get rid of waste management who cannot show improvement. A lot of unnecessary stagnation in most departments; sales, project, account, and support management all suffer from this. Recognize and promote within. Stop losing good, valuable people to other companies.

Great place to work for.

Former Employee - ATM FIELD ENGINEER in Fontana, CA
    Former Employee - ATM FIELD ENGINEER in Fontana, CA

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf

Pros

Provide all tool's to make work easier.

Cons

At times lack of communication.

I wish they would get it together.

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Austin, TX

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf

Pros

Compensation keeps with the city average for a solid position, nothing outrageous though. Corporate has several great ideas about expanding into the American markets.

Cons

While they have all these great ideas about expansion into the U.S. they haven't really thought any of them through very well. This company has a terrible habit of completely overhauling policies every 3 months if the wind blows a new way.

If desperate, work here

Former Employee - Controller in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Controller in Austin, TX

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf

Pros

there are none
    when you get fired you get a serverance

Cons

Horrible management
    Culture gaps
    No respect
    Condescending germans
    Low morale

Get german mgmt out of us

So far Good

Current Employee - Field in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Field in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Wincor Nixdorf

Pros

Good paid company vehicle company credit card paid pier diems expenses.

Cons

Management is not great lost of communication with Area Manager Low response when in need of help!!!

They need to get their act together..