WindLogics Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.8
CEO

1. Great company with interesting work, respectful coworkers, and effective management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at WindLogics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company does a lot of interesting scientific work, and makes an effort to keep employees engaged. Everyone is given the tools they need to perform their work-related tasks, the work environment is very casual and comfortable, while remaining professional and respectful. Also there's a good work/life balance. I rarely have to work after hours, and when I do it's always because I want to.

Cons

Salaries could be a bit better. I'm currently getting paid a bit under market value. Also there isn't a lot of room for advancement, though to be fair this is typical of any small company with a limited number of positions.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, especially with regard to management style. This company hires capable people who don't need a lot of micromanagement, and most managers (rightly) don't stand in the way of their employees' productivity.

2. Great place to learn and grow your career with talented colleges and challenging work

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at WindLogics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture with outstanding talent, challenging projects, and supportive leadership. We are helping change the renewable energy industry. There seems to be a steady stream of new and interesting projects to work on.

Cons

Only two things come to mind. First, my incredibly smart co-workers make this a great learning experience but they also make it difficult to stand out during reviews. Second, the parent company (NextEra Energy) is too focused on Florida and at times makes WindLogics feel disconnected.

Advice to Management

Overall, I think the company is going in a great direction. As someone else commented, you should consider using the Focus Energy brand - it is more fitting to what we do. Also, try to alleviate some of the stress/workload. At times, we are under time pressure to deliver very complex solutions that have never been attempted (i.e. extend delivery times to provide more of a buffer for research)

3. Excellent ability to learn many aspects of a utility

Pros

Great cross functional work and very interesting / complex solutions. There is a lot of opportunity to make a difference.

Cons

Very demanding. To get ahead you have to be able to put in hours, effort and willing to be out of your comfort zone. This is a con for some but a positive for others

Advice to Management

Give better recognition. Employees are working exceptionally hard

5. A good experience. I learned a lot.

Former Employee - Senior Resource Modeling Analyst in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Resource Modeling Analyst in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at WindLogics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work atmosphere is excellent. good team work, good colleagues. renewable and clean energy. relatively good salary and benefits. supportive management. Equal Opportunity Employer. lots of theory and hands-on training.

Cons

to be honest, no big issues. liked working at this establishment learned about the power industry here. co-worker are very knowledgeable. The main issue is the companies location which is too cold and most of people can't stand the cold weather.

Advice to Management

Change the name of the company, because everyone think the company is only focused on the wind technology. And relocate the company to a location with a mild weather.

Great place, poor leadership.

I have been working at WindLogics full-time

Pros

Exciting challenges and rewarding work.

Cons

Ego-maniacal leader with eyes firmly focused on the next shiny object.

Advice to Management

People only listen to you talk about yourself at length because you are their boss. You are the singularly worst upper management person I have run across. No wonder corporate banished you to a small sinking ship.

RSS Feed </> Embed