Windermere Real Estate

Windermere Real Estate Reviews

Updated Mar 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Customer service, computer navigating skill, marketing, scheduling, time management and transaction coordinator.

Phlebotomy (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate full-time for less than a year

ProsReal Estate agent has a lot of responsibility to make sure client have all there needs meet.

ConsThere is a lot of time and energy looking for homes and meeting new clients. It is not an hourly job it is a job that sometimes you never even get paid.

Advice to Senior Managementi have been in Health Industry for several years I just recently completed my certificate for Phlebotomy. I will relocate and start at entry level position to gain the experience I need.

Realtor for 3+ years in the Ballard office

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Windermere Real Estate

ProsThe Ballard office is a great and supportive environment with the largest pool of experienced Realtors I have ever worked with. This office is one of the most teamwork-oriented and helpful offices I have ever witnessed in the real estate business, and I have been around the business for over 25 years.

ConsA little technologically behind the times and the office split is a little high.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould spend more capital on technology and work on closing the gap between their toolset and those of Zillow, RedFin and the like

Commissioned Sales...sky's the limit!

Real Estate Broker (Agent) (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsGreat opportunity to truly build a business. Managers/owners truly interested in your success.

ConsAs with any real estate brokerage, the lure of fat commissions attracts less than optimal players...there are very few in this company, especially compared to others, but they do exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course: walk the talk but keep your eyes/ears open...there are definitely bad apples to cull

Outstanding Real Estate Firm

Real Estate Broker (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate as a contractor for more than 10 years

ProsGreat support services, strong management, good brand awareness. Known for providing excellent service among it's brokers. Each office or network of offices is independently owned and has a managing broker. Your managing broker sets the tone for the office and drives the support so it will vary from office to office. I was fortunate to have an outstanding managing broker and our network of offices was well managed.

ConsA little behind the curve on technology tools but quickly bringing those to market for consumers and brokers.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on technology tools to keep Windermere a key market player.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great place to gain real estate experience. Not a career.

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate full-time for less than a year

ProsLocation, friendly, and fast paced.

ConsLake of management, not much advancement if any, a lot of details, requires education with little compensation for education.

Coldhearted Hypocrisy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Windermere Real Estate full-time for more than 10 years

ProsEnjoys a good public image, intensely cultivated and marketed for many years...the image appears to be the real thing to the public.

ConsMarketing is at the heart of the Windermere Corporate approach to business ...consistently promote service to community, putting people first and honesty in business dealings but only if it doesn't mean taking a financial hit of any size: Windermere is guilty of huge hypocrisy. See windermerewatch.com for an extremist but fact based opinion. Windermere has, in their own words always "vigorously defended" against buyers and sellers who complain or sue them.... apparently regardless of the merit of the consumer's complaint. Windermere's contribution to their own Foundation comes primarily from it's agents (Not the Corporation) and at a level of less than a third of the per transaction legal defense contribution agents are required to make. (approx. $12 per transaction.
Former Windermere franchise owners find themselves being sued by Windermere Corporate or may see the their loyalty and their Company tossed aside and closed in favor of a newer, younger franchise company......going against their own strict rules by facilitating the transfer of agents with zero compensation to the Ownership losing their entire business. The "Nordstrom of Real Estate" might apply to the design and décor of many Windermere offices, but in no way is there a similarity between the two companies when it comes to true integrity...there simply isn't real consistency between Windermere's professed beliefs/values and their actions.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou may remember when Windermere had integrity. Try to regain it. Good luck.

Great company, culture. There is a reason Windermere has the most market share.

Real Estate Broker (Current Employee)
Mill Creek, WA

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat culture, there is real team work and mentors who care. Hires more successful brokers versus the competition. Won't stand for unethical behavior/misfits. The company gives back to the community.

ConsTechnology has been behind, but they are catching up

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the bar high for new brokers. Invest in more technology.

Supports and motivate Agents

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate part-time

ProsGreat Company to work for

ConsThe real Estate Market currently is not the best source of income

Advice to Senior ManagementI am an independent Contractor of he Company

Pleasant

Office Manager (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate full-time for more than a year

ProsHandle back office work, some marketing involved,

Consnone at this time all is going very well

Windermere is the only company on the top shelf. All others are from under the bar.

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate full-time for more than 10 years

ProsToo many to list but the company has a matching retirement plan.

ConsIf you aren't a full time Realtor don't bother applying.

Advice to Senior ManagementMarkets getting better so be ready.

Worked for Windermere Real Estate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Windermere Real Estate reviews and ratings. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Windermere Real Estate employees.