Windermere Real Estate

Updated July 24, 2014
Updated July 24, 2014

4.3

CEO

With their personal touch they provide a great environment to succeed.

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate

Pros

Small with a lot of great exposure

Cons

Real estate is always a challenge due to being that their is so much competition.

Can't think of any

High quality company with top brand and market share in the business

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate

Pros

Great people and the company is very active in serving the community.

Cons

Most positions are straight commission based.

Realtor

Current Employee - Realtor  in  Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Realtor in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate as a contractor

Pros

Awesome infrastructure and support. Established branding. Windermere has the connections and resources of a bigger brokerage, but still feels like a local brand in a lot of ways.

Cons

Larger company, less flexibility than a small brokerage. The quality of your support will depend in some ways on the office you work in, so visit a few and get a feel for them. Commission split is less desirable than some other brokerages, but reflects the added value that Windermere adds.

Mobile infrastructure needs to be ramped up.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Broker for eight years in the high end of the Eastside market.

Current Employee - Managing Broker
    Current Employee - Managing Broker

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

leadership, great brand name and reputation in the community. We have a dominant brand in the luxury market.

Cons

Their technology and training is a bit behind the curve.

Real Estate Broker

Former Employee - Real Estate Broker (Agent)  in  Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Real Estate Broker (Agent) in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Windermere Real Estate full-time for more than a year

Pros

Windermere is a local company and gives back to the community through their charitable organization. The company has its own commission advance company, which is helpful when commissions are not consistent.

Cons

Upper level management picks favorites within the corporate community/culture. Loyalty is not rewarded.

There is no better place in the Desert for a Realtor to work.

Current Employee - Realtor  in  Palm Desert, CA
    Current Employee - Realtor in Palm Desert, CA

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Agent support and training are amazing. Everyone works hard helping Agents succeed. Whatever you need from management is either in place or there for the asking.

Cons

With so many agents doing so well, it can be a bit intimidating for a new agent.

Keep doing what you are doing and Thank You for all your support.

Customer service, computer navigating skill, marketing, scheduling, time management and transaction coordinator.

Current Employee - Phlebotomy  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Phlebotomy in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate full-time for less than a year

Pros

Real Estate agent has a lot of responsibility to make sure client have all there needs meet.

Cons

There is a lot of time and energy looking for homes and meeting new clients. It is not an hourly job it is a job that sometimes you never even get paid.

i have been in Health Industry for several years I just recently completed my certificate for Phlebotomy. I will relocate and start at entry level position to gain the experience I need.

Realtor for 3+ years in the Ballard office

I worked at Windermere Real Estate

Pros

The Ballard office is a great and supportive environment with the largest pool of experienced Realtors I have ever worked with. This office is one of the most teamwork-oriented and helpful offices I have ever witnessed in the real estate business, and I have been around the business for over 25 years.

Cons

A little technologically behind the times and the office split is a little high.

Should spend more capital on technology and work on closing the gap between their toolset and those of Zillow, RedFin and the like

Commissioned Sales...sky's the limit!

Current Employee - Real Estate Broker (Agent)  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Real Estate Broker (Agent) in Seattle, WA

Pros

Great opportunity to truly build a business. Managers/owners truly interested in your success.

Cons

As with any real estate brokerage, the lure of fat commissions attracts less than optimal players...there are very few in this company, especially compared to others, but they do exist.

Stay the course: walk the talk but keep your eyes/ears open...there are definitely bad apples to cull

Outstanding Real Estate Firm

Current Employee - Real Estate Broker  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Real Estate Broker in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

Great support services, strong management, good brand awareness. Known for providing excellent service among it's brokers. Each office or network of offices is independently owned and has a managing broker. Your managing broker sets the tone for the office and drives the support so it will vary from office to office. I was fortunate to have an outstanding managing broker and our network of offices was well managed.

Cons

A little behind the curve on technology tools but quickly bringing those to market for consumers and brokers.

Work on technology tools to keep Windermere a key market player.

Worked for Windermere Real Estate? Contribute to the Community!