Windham Professionals Reviews

Erin W. S. Zaldastani

1. Not too bad

Former Employee - Account Manager in Peabody, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Peabody, MA

I worked at Windham Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

open make your own schedule, decent management team that had its flaws, good people work there

Cons

management didn't have it all together all the time, it could be cutthroat

Advice to Management

Get your act together

2. collections

I worked at Windham Professionals

Pros

Great people and easy to make money if you do your job

Cons

To many changes month to month, at times seems unorganized and to much drama

Advice to Management

Communication is key

3. High performance driven

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hendersonville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hendersonville, TN

I worked at Windham Professionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice facility, some great co-workers

Cons

Very stressful environment. To many members of upper management wanting to micro manage and pass the buck to others. The culture there is take someone down before they take you down.

Advice to Management

Let your people do the job they were hired for and don't reward the ones that spend all their time looking for fault in others rather than solve the problems at hand.

5. work here if you want to be degraded

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Woburn, MA

I worked at Windham Professionals full-time

Pros

Working in this place as a women you are constantly harass. The employees gawk and leer at you as if you are a piece of meat. The supervisors are inappropriate to women and use disgusting language and humor. Some of the supervisors are very racially insensitive and were constantly saying questionable things regarding different cultures and ethnicities. The pay is very low and they are constantly changing the bonus structure so that it confuses you so much that you have no idea what you are making.

Cons

HR looks out for the supervisors and managers so if you complain about something, nothing happens and they illegally notify said manager of who complained so that they then begin to treat you with added rudeness and are constantly watching you to see if you slip up, even if you don't they find something to miraculously write you up for. This place has a high turnover rate meaning people only last a few months and then are fired if they aren't producing, but because they hire anyone, those who need more time do not make it

Advice to Management

fire the HR team they are not employee advocates what so ever

Slave-like.

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Salem, NH
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Salem, NH

I worked at Windham Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros that I can think of other than the location was 5 minutes away from my home and I wasn't overly micromanaged, though that is most likely a result of me not needing it.

Cons

This place, like other collection agencies, suck to work at now. There are too many rules and restrictions and every single thing you say is recorded and can be used against you in court should a debtor on the phone choose to want to sue you. The hours drag by, you hammer the phone, there's nothing rewarding about hunting people down all day who do not have enough money to pay their bills.

Advice to Management

Make better decisions when hiring management, they need to be good honest people. Also, make more achievable bonuses. Lastly, stop feeding certain reps. There's no reason that some people should be making quadruple the bonuses of people working the "same" paper.

7. Good for an easy low-end paycheck, horrible for a career.

Current Employee - Debt Collector in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Debt Collector in Salem, NH

I have been working at Windham Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

~Multiple Locations ~Easy to get an entry level type job ~The product: Rehabilitation programs are easy and effective for the people that take advantage of it and for the people that have to pitch it everyday. ~Plenty of overtime and reasonably flexible schedule after 90 days

Cons

~OLD Technology ~OLD Collection mindset ~Training: the WHOLE training process. The curriculum, the time spent, the materials, the relevant applications, the expectations, coaching, continued success, job aids, the product itself....I was amazed on how unprepared I was to hit the floor. Don't worry though by month 2 or 3 you learn the REAL way to do things and can hit goals ~ Poor follow-up from management. Nice people, but they don't belong in management roles. No one is held accountable for actions, environment is fairly unprofessional, no assistance is given if you don't speak up. No action plans, development plans or feedback on your progress. It feels like the management team is more interested in being friends than developing their staff into great associates. ~ Confusing and elusive bonus structure. Someone must be making money, it isn't the collectors... ~ Overall culture: A lot of senior people have left recently and the one's left aren't happy. Yet changes only come in the tone of taking more away and adding more responsibility without pay. ~ No real chance of advancement currently. No communication about how to move up is even brought up. To be honest you this might be a good thing. ~Benefits are pretty expensive( family owned company) and the option of a 401K doesn't even exist until you've been there a year.

Advice to Management

A change is needed here. With the company doing so well, the associates need to feel a little bit of that success since they are doing the majority of the work. The culture needs to change. We need to become more professional and start letting go of the idea that we can keep the same procedures, technology and attitude to get ahead. Someone much brighter than I once said that a direct reflection of how a company treats their associates is how their associates treat their customers. If you want better calls (more money down the road, not just now) then show your associates that you value them.

8. Ran by monkeys

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

I worked at Windham Professionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pro of working there was being able to walk in pand out when I wanted to.

Cons

Working here at all. They made offers and never held up their end. The way the company presents itself to the outside world is a haphazard mess, they get employees because people are desperate for work or just out of college. Then they trap them at the job by demanding so much that the employee quickly becomes over-exhausted and over-stressed, and does not have the time to breathe let alone look for an escape route. By that time you are most likely already fired; or on your way out. They let perverts and criminals Work here. managers, but they usually leave once they can take no more of the ever-present constant stream of utter BS. Most managers are micro-managers with no rhyme or reason to what they are doing or chaotic disorganized messes who are as hamstrung by the senseless instructions coming down from the top. Most employees who you befriend will feel the same level of utter hopelessness that you do. Panic attacks and dreading going to work are not uncommon occurrences. eople get thrown under the bus all the time. There is literally no logic to the way that the place operates. A tremendous amount of effort is placed on teaching new employees the "Windham Way" and about the "Windham Difference" - another term for these sessions is brainwashing. The only way to survive is to drink the koolaid and buy into the crap that permeates every level. But if you have half a brain it is impossible to do that.

Advice to Management

Replace them all.

Not Bad, But Not Great

Current Employee - Business Development Coordinator in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Business Development Coordinator in Salem, NH

I have been working at Windham Professionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to be pretty hands on in my department (sales and marketing/business development) and the manager is very supportive and provides good assistance and training. They provide more trust in their employees, but that isn't true for all departments. Bonuses for collectors are big. But bonuses aren't provided for many employees outside of the collection floor. The company is serious about its commitment to compliance which minimizes risk to individuals working with confidential information. This also means there are a lot of protocols and procedures. It also keeps working at a collection agency from feeling like a boiler room scenario.

Cons

I started as a collector and hated it. There is blatant favoritism for collectors that is only worsened by fraternization. A general lack of communication makes it difficult to perform some tasks. Upper management can talk down to you and make you feel like an idiot, but direct managers are usually okay. Promotions outside of the collection floor are rare and often candidates are chosen more on seniority or friendships than merit. I've seen many people get re-promoted after being demoted or who have incurred settled lawsuits or confidentiality breaches. Pay is on the low end and each department has caps which make it difficult for many as a long term employment option.

Advice to Management

Better communication, more often. Pay employees what they deserve based on knowledge and performance. Hire and promote qualified personnel.

10. A joke.

Former Employee - Debt Collector in East Aurora, NY
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in East Aurora, NY

I worked at Windham Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were great as far as the collectors. The location was nice and had a downstairs eating area with a Foosball table and places to sit and converse.

Cons

The managers had no idea what they were doing. I would be told to do one thing by one manager then something completely different by another. If one task was done but not the other, the manager who's task I had accomplished would not stand up for me and explain to the other manager that I was told to do it. Instead, the manager who I had appeased would play dumb and act as if I was not told to do that task. There was no loyalty to anyone, not to the collectors, managers, HR staff, receptionists....

Advice to Management

Hold your managers accountable when the issue is them, not the collectors.

11. Debt Collection firm

I have been working at Windham Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company, make your own hours

Cons

You have to work at least two nights per week. You have a 3 month probation period before they decide to let you go if you don't make your goal.

Advice to Management

Promote more qualified supervisors.

RSS Feed </> Embed