Windhaven Insurance Reviews

3.6
CEO

Great place to grow

I have been working at Windhaven Insurance

Pros

Motivated leadership, easy to access. Windhaven gives your the tools and resources to develop your career. Opportunity to take on high impact projects and take on responsibility, if desired.

Cons

Workspace is a bit crowded as we expand

The "Windy Way"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at Windhaven Insurance

Pros

(1) It is FUN (2) we collaborate and work as a team (3) it truly feels like a big family that is always willing to help each other out and respect one another (4) we are always-changing/innovating/growing so it is never the same scenario day-in and day-out (5) you are recognized for your accomplishments (6) you grow in individual strengths alongside the company's growth in business

Cons

I don't have any negative things to say except if someone can't keep up with the fast pace and fit in with our awesome culture, then they most likely wouldn't be a good fit.

Advice to Management

I would say continue to be transparent. Leadership constantly shows us where we are now along with the vision and it makes you feel that much more important. Also, just to continue to work with the different charities/groups/events. I recently became a big sister for next year in BBBS and am very excited!!! Also, super excited for the Tough Mudder event, even though it looks way too intense...

Windhaven

Current Employee - PD Adjuster in Doral, FL
    Current Employee - PD Adjuster in Doral, FL

I have been working at Windhaven Insurance

Pros

Fun atmosphere. Employees have a team concept and work well together. Managers in the claims departmwnt are very good extremely knowledgeable and maintain a good working atmosphere. Best place ive ever worked at by far. Dress code is very casual. I love it.

Cons

None so far. Maybe looking at getting a larger kitchen area.

Advice to Management

Hold on to the supervisors and managers at all cost. You have good ones that are always there to help and role up there sleeves.

Growing Company with Many Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Windhaven Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing rapidly and there are a lot of opportunities for job advancement! Leadership really cares about the growth and advancement of their employees. I cannot think of another company where the senior leadership is so involved with teaching the employees more skills. Additionally, the environment is laid back and fun. It is awesome to be able to come to work in jeans and flip flops!

Cons

PTO/compensation could be better. Also, I wish there were more options to work remotely. Because there is so much going on as we rapidly grow, priorities can become confusing. You really have to learn to prioritize and juggle various tasks to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent with the employees. The company's growth is exciting, and it helps motivate people's work.

Cool place to work

Current Employee - Claims in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Claims in Miami, FL

I have been working at Windhaven Insurance full-time

Pros

Great culture, fast moving, career opportunities at every level since we are growing so quickly. Causal and fun work environment.

Cons

Not enough leadership in Tampa office. It will be addressed I'm sure as we grow, but for now the other offices don't get the benefit of having the senior leadership on the ground.

Advice to Management

The senior leadership team looks like they are working well together and have the same vision. We really have great leaders now.

Growing and changing

I have been working at Windhaven Insurance (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a dynamic company that is growing quickly. Management is engaged, they believe in the culture of the team and on promoting from within. I like to see the energy that is building and everyone wants to do their best. They really recognize top talent and encourage individual development, which is promising.

Cons

PTO is not great for the first year but gets a bit better for the years after. I'd like to see what other benefits can be added to our package in the future as we grow. Our office space is nice, but I have no idea where we are going to fit all the new people they plan on hiring.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on hiring good talent, looking at how to improve the company, and what the team is thinking and feeling. We appreciate that you are listening.

Windhaven is really going places.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Windhaven Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing people. Leaders are really interested in making our space and enviroment the best place to work. Our dress code? Shorts and sandals in the summer, so miami like and I love it. You get recognized for hard work and engagement. Couldn't be prouder of the windhaven culture. I can actually relax and enjoy our christmass parties. No need to spend a full paycheck on a dress, shoes and make up. And now we are going out is state. Lots of great opportunities to move up and make money.

Cons

unfortunely there are a couple of people at the company that shouldn't be there.

Advice to Management

its really hard to find good talent now days. Please keep an eye for the good ones we are letting walk out.

Good company

I worked at Windhaven Insurance

Pros

Good culture Decent pay Opportunities to advance Not one of my best jobs but also not the worst-had a flexible manager and made friends with some coworkers. Nice people are drawn to this company

Cons

Standard challenges presented by 9-5 schedules Work sometimes a little boring but manageable Vacation time isn't as flexible as I'd like

Great co-workers in general but really bad management..

Former Employee - Former Member of Management in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Former Member of Management in Miami, FL

I worked at Windhaven Insurance

Pros

Maybe good employee referral bonus..that's about it..

Cons

Company is a scam starting with the owner all the way down to the supervisors..but maybe the supervisors have no blame, they are just trying to keep their jobs, they have families..let's talk about core values..team work, integrity, fight, engage...all a bunch of B.S..the owner(jimmy) is the first one who doesn't believe in any of this crap.horrible work environment..company should get hit with an employee class action suit . employees are working over 40 hours a week and not getting paid OT.when u do the math you are making 10 bucks an hour.bonuses are a joke ..do not go work here!.

Advice to Management

The owner needs to be out..company should be bought by a real company like Progressive..

Great Company!

I have been working at Windhaven Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is expanding rapidly Sound leadership

Cons

not a great compensation package low 401k match very little vacation time

Advice to Management

Revamp the compensation package so we can keep the talent we have and attract even better!

RSS Feed </> Embed