Window World Reviews

1. Dishonest & Manipulative Company

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Ocala, FL

I worked at Window World full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay, Weekends/Holidays/Evenings off, Flexibility when you have personal issues, paid weekly.

Cons

-Extremely stressful work environment. -Most Installers & Sales Reps have a criminal background and are allowed to go into the customers homes. -Constantly told to lie to customers in regards to when their contracts were entered into the system, why their order is on delay, why the installer hasn't come right back out to complete their job, Customers are constantly yelling, cussing, and belittling you over the phone and management doesn't back you up. -Installers are Independent contractors and don't care about doing anything other than getting the windows installed and getting paid. -Expected to do everyone else's work at the drop of a hat because they're too lazy to do their own work and your work gets behind because of it. Then, management doesn't care why you weren't able to get your work done. - Sales Reps LIE to every customer by promising things the office isn't able to uphold. - Office Manager gets away with everything and is never held accountable for their mistakes. - Be Prepared to always get in trouble for everyone else's mistakes. - Sales reps turn in incomplete contracts and you have to complete their work even though they make 2x what you make. - Installers come in High & Drunk then go out to do installs. **I have found the less you do there, the better off you seem to be!!**

Advice to Management

- Show up unexpectedly to each one of your franchises. When you get there plan to sit down with each employee, sales rep and independent contractor to ensure everything is going smoothly. - Background Check Everyone & Do Drug Testing on Each employee through Corporate! - When customers call in or write in through the corporate website, stop calling the Manager of the location to handle it on their own...... start calling the customers yourself and handle it as a corporate location should do. And, if you have several complaints coming in from one location that should tell you that your management their isn't doing their job properly. - Make sure each of your Franchise locations are representing "Window World" up to Corporate Expectations. If not, hold the ones responsible accountable for their actions and actually follow through with the consequences. - Require the Owners to be more involved with their franchise location.

2. Sales Representatives

I worked at Window World

Pros

Window world is the number one home improvement company in the nation. They provide the sales reps worth the leads.

Cons

New owner who took over the Las Vegas store in March doesn't have a clue as to how to run a business. Has zero business or Window World experience.

Advice to Management

Don't sell the stores to someone who doesn't know what they are doing. This effects the overall business not only here but the whole west.

Terrible! !!! Knew the first day, that I should have ran out!!!

I worked at Window World full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was close commute, but not enough reason for me to stay

Cons

Management was a complete chaos. No formal training, just expected to know what to do/say. No appreciation for anything you do, and expected to take lunch, eat at your desk, still work...yet no OT allowed!! Office was a complete cluster....stuff every where...papers, files, etc. No one seemed to care to remedy the situation, and they lost files continually. So many issues, glad I was able to get out. Oh, and low pay, no benefits and kinda dirty.

Advice to Management

Make some trips around to your stores, look at how things are run, or lack there of, and you may just be in for a reality check.

5. Great learning experience to understand.

Former Employee - Installer in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Installer in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Window World full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Outside work has always made me sain

Cons

The rain sucks to work in, but sometimes need to be done

Advice to Management

I'm sure you already know

6. Sales

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Jonesboro, AR
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Jonesboro, AR

I worked at Window World full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefit package that you will pay a low fee as an independent contractor if you sell windows.

Cons

Each location is a franchise therefore management and customer service in each location is different. Work in sales as an independent contractor. Commission structure should be the same in each franchise, unfortunately that is not the case.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what is going on at your franchises. Show up unannounced. Go undercover.

7. NEVER AGAIN!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

I worked at Window World full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The installers were nice as can be.

Cons

The owner was rude and unwelcoming and all about her self, I was never trained properly, I was hired because someone let the office and I was kind of replacing her and they hired her back so they decided to cut my pay and my hours!! what kinda of company does that? after that I was treated like I was a child, was told I couldn't do certain things when I was all able too plus not having any benefits or any time of time off pay was horrible. after the office manger put her 2 week notice in because she was there for a very long time and never asked for much and talked to the owner to look into getting more and was denied, I just feel that was so rude after she was a hard worker for the company and the owner decided to let me go and didn't even have the courtesy of her doing it and put it on another lady in the office who was very uncomfortable about it.

Advice to Management

You really need rethink how you treat your employees that are not your family!! Maybe take a class also on how to run a proper HR also

8. No Integrity

Former Employee - Sales Training Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Training Manager

I worked at Window World full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your pay is up to you. If you can close a sale you will make some money. If you can't look for another job.

Cons

There was no integrity at my local office. The leadership was a joke. It was either conform to there shady ways or leave. I left.

9. 1950's Work Environment

I have been working at Window World

Pros

I will let you know if I think of one.

Cons

Sexism is rampant, women are paid less than men and constantly fired. Compensation is bottom of the barrel. They send the installers 1099 forms at the end of the year but they are regular employees. Once you leave the company, they won't pay you what they owe you unless you take them to court.

Advice to Management

Send someone up from corporate to see what's going on

10. Good corporation,great product,poor franchise managed very poorly

Former Employee - In Home Sales
    Former Employee - In Home Sales

I worked at Window World full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product,good advertising,product has a lifetime warranty

Cons

They have independent franchises the particular one I was employed at was a hornets nest.There were too many Chiefs and not enough Indians

Advice to Management

To corporate take a harder look at your franchise owners,managers.You have a great products don't like the owners/managers ruin your reputation

11. Lovely company but won't pay a decent wage to keep employees and keep the customers happy.

I worked at Window World full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice family owned atmosphere with a beautiful showroom.

Cons

Keep the hardworking employees by paying them a fair wage. Employees quit and employees who are left are overworked. The customers needs are not satisfied.

Advice to Management

Huge turnover? Pay good folks what they are worth,not he job gets done,, customers are happy, and then business will grow. Much potential that won't be reached.

RSS Feed </> Embed