Windstream

Windstream Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Windstream – “Windstream”

Heath Davies

Pros:
  • "Good benefits, great commissions, love the team, flexible environment"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Good pay (for sales people who can make quota) and great benefits"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "Expected to sell to angry customers who are reporting customer service issues"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Then one day, Upper Management changed, and that was all she wrote"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Hosted Solutions Division

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey'll hire anybody. If you have relationships with local companies in place it may not be a bad place to work.

ConsProduct not where it needs to be. Unless you're selling into an area where the Telecom dominates like North Carolina or such, you are going to get killed. Good luck hitting quota driving net new business here.

Mass Layoff Nightmares

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Maitland, FL

ProsI made the best out of my time here… got some professional working experience, and developed a few great networking opportunities.

ConsMore than three months after being let go, I have yet to receive all of my personal items from my desk --and apparently they were thrown in the trash. Apply here if you don't mind your lunch being stolen from the fridge, micromanaged, and seriously underpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't think management is listening, so no point of giving advice to a brick wall.

Great place to get started!

Associate Network Analyst (Current Employee)
    Little Rock, AR

ProsWindstream is a great place to get started in IT and network systems. Work environment is good and like the people I work with.

ConsSometimes it is hard to get opportunities to move up in the company. Need various certs and certificates to move in other departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't allow the workplace to become like a call center and trust your employees with respect.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive ISG

Account Executive ISG (Former Employee)
    Manchester, NH

ProsTechnically knowledgeable staff, innovative solutions , consultative practices VS sales pitching tactics

ConsQuotas not within scale of the market place opportunities. Products are not very competitive against competitive offers , especially in the SMB market. Also salary and commission structure is not competitive enough to retail the best talent. Your loosing your best and brightest to your competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore time is warranted for market studies. Career advancement should come from within the company and needs to be encouraged more VS hiring new managers from the outside.

Hard working people with stale management techniques

Solutions Architect (Former Employee)
    Hudson, OH

ProsExcellent people throughout. Most are respectable, hard-working, truly caring people who will go the extra mile for the customer and coworkers. Fair compensation. Decent attempts to move the company culture forward.

ConsHealthcare benefit costs are relatively high. Some upper managers prefer bullying over managing. Work-like balance can be challenging. Blame game is played often. Processes not well managed if they even exist hampered even more by too much thinking in silos. Too much flying by the seat of the pants and not enough real planning and strategizing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart focusing more on the "how do we get there." Document and manage processes fully, particularly in IT. Get some new blood in your ranks as there is far too much same old same old and not enough true thought leadership. Stop the blame game and bullying tactics. Get a real BPM solution in place.

Great Company To Work For

Network Analyst II (Current Employee)

ProsTeamwork based company with a focus on Customers and their employee's.

ConsHours worked in specific departments

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the employees that are actually doing their work and producing quality work.

Ok but not great

IT Audit Senior (Former Employee)
    Little Rock, AR

Prosco-workers, office locations, non-customer facing employees can wear very casual attire

Conspromotions, personal growth, stock price, benefits, executive leadership

Great company, high-stress position

Specialist I: Enterprise Data/Voice Technician (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsExcellent team dynamic, everyone is willing to help everyone else; a solid two months of training before getting thrown into the fray, management is helpful and willing to listen and try to make improvements when needed.

ConsThe NOC position is very high-stress; lots of pressure comes from having an impossibly heavy workload of trouble tickets that keeps getting piled on while you are trying to troubleshoot the ones you already have.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on streamlining the system to improve the average workload for each employee to reduce stress and improve productivity and morale.

Contract worker

ProsRelaxed environment to work in

ConsIf contract paying for parking everyday gets taxing.

Love the people and management! Its corporate america so its only for those that like the hustle!

General (Current Employee)
    Little Rock, AR

ProsCo-workers, company culture is very open and people powered, can occassionally work from home, business casual dress code, feel valued and appreciated,

Consworkload goes in peaks and valleys, but again its corporate America and you have to show why you deserve top salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementDirect management does a great job. VP and SVP's should micromanage less

Worked for Windstream? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Windstream reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Windstream CEO Heath Davies . All 219 reviews posted anonymously by Windstream employees.