Windstream

Windstream Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Windstream – “Windstream”

Heath Davies

Pros:
  • "Good benefits, great commissions, love the team, flexible environment"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Good pay (for sales people who can make quota) and great benefits"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "Expected to sell to angry customers who are reporting customer service issues"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Then one day, Upper Management changed, and that was all she wrote"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I have to wonder

Assignment (Former Employee)
    Dalton, GA

ProsI have none now.

ConsToday we heard of our fellow Sagadites part of Dalton Windstream being told they are being replaced, Yes another department who's jobs have been outsourced to India. Last year it was Assignment in Dalton Georgia and now this year Service Activation and our Facility Programers in Cornelia and 100's of others across the company . I just hope they treat this dismissal with more respect and gratitude for the service and years they gave to make this company what it is. .you all seem to forget it was LANDLINE that gave this company it's start and made it possible not Mr Jeff Gardner and his cronies. Yes Generals get the praise , but if there soldiers didn't actually do the work..they would have JACK ALL. So to my fellow soon to be ex employee I am sorry to hear of your dismissal. SO what is next for our Green Truck company, ,btw hows that stimulus money working for you Windstream? Spent it on everything it was meant to be spent on ? And to the fake reviews on here to pump up the idea that is heaven on earth.. Those of us that really worked for the company know the truth.
    OUTSOURCED . . ..we the American Tax Payer have paid MILLIONS to Windstream. . and they decided that AMERICANS aren't fit to do the jobs cause they can send it elsewhere to a proverbial telephonic sweat shop. .

Advice to Senior ManagementI wouldn't waste my words or thoughts.

It's a job not a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Little Rock, AR

ProsOkay pay with okay benefits

Cons1. Only lateral movement in job, unless you are in the correct boys' club network or an attractive female (then limited to Mgr I/II). Promotions aren't based on performance but more on internal politics.

2. It's a place for a job but not a career. They do not welcome new ideas. Be sure to think inside the box if you work here.

3. If you work at the corporate headquarters, assume an 80 hour work weak and very little time with your family. Managers will be there 40-50hrs/week but if you are an analyst (I/II/Sr/Consultant) expect 80hrs with a salary based on 40hrs. Assume management will take 90% of the credit for your team's work and throw your team under the bus at review time; so they don't have to give you a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the culture to one that values honesty and integrity.

Love Windstream

Little Rock, AR

ProsTruly great people to work with, nice pay and benefits, room for growth, company with integrity and values!

ConsI have not experienced any.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't work here unless you can play office politics very very well.

Retention (Former Employee)
    Maitland, FL

ProsThe pay was kind of good. The commissions and bonuses were okay too.

ConsThe company is very unorganized, office politics are huge, never complain of HR issues or they will find a way to get you out the door(and that includes fabricating things!). Be prepared to ask questions every day because there is no knowledge base to research policy and procedure. Your research will consist of placing your customer on hold for several minutes while you ask someone who's been there for several years what to do and that includes using the ordering systems. The service they provide is hit or miss in most cases, but some areas do get very good service.

It has its up's and down's!

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsMy team is great and that is about it

ConsJust about everything else. Upper management is useless.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should care more about the people filling their pockets and less about saving money not giving bonus's anymore or weak 25 cent raises. I felt like I was working in retail.

Great benefits, Decent Pay, Great work environment.

ERA Technician (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsGreat people and management. Nice building. Flexible scheduling. 4 day weeks is an option. Windstream has good benefits.

ConsSometimes stressful. Very hard to get recognized.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more opportunities for employees to earn more money.

Strong Regional CLEC Management, but hindered by Goliath integration challenges

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAs part of the Central team, I'm very pleased with the management team amassed under Jeff Howe. Competitive salary to the market. Easy to understand comp plan. Very fair ramp plan for new hires and lots of development. If you are lucky to enough to end under Chris Nein, Forrest Knueppel specifically- they are doers, and understand the sales process.

ConsLOOONG interview process. 3 months for me. Integration is slow and painful. over 2 years now of minimal movement to integrate systems. Lots of talk up top about goals, but minimal action. The network is being overhauled after years of neglect. Good for future of the company, but very painful for both customers and employees in the interim.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo more talk about what you are going to do... just do it. you are going to lose a lot of revenue and kill your brand if you don't figure out how to keep the network running asap.

Great company!

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Greenville, SC

ProsLove it. The people are very helpful and work well together. Lots of opportunities for growth in the company.

ConsParking is very hard to find and when you do you have to pay for it.

Good place to work.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsGood pay and incentives. Good co workers

ConsNew management did not care for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo favouritism.

Light at the end of the fiber, a company that's constantly getting better and takes care of it's people.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Springfield, MO

ProsGreat team at my local office with a Sales Director who really knows how to manage people. Quality core product offering with competitive prices. Upper management is making moves in the right direction. Decent insurance and benefits. Culture initiatives are attempting better the working environment, cater to millenials and become more like a tech company.

ConsFragmented sales and customer service approach. Vicious competition internally between direct sales and account management, which is a negative for customers. Poor 1-800 customer service team, generally speaking. The management is starting to micromanage. No telecommuting for sales. No room to grow/advance in career due to lack of telecommuting, you have to move to move up.. when many jobs could be done from the comfort of your home (or at customer sites) for the most part.

Advice to Senior ManagementCombine the account management and account executive positions into one and keep the same amount of people. Allow telecommuting for sales people who are over 80% of quota, because it would increase morale. Keep up the integration of systems and culture improvements! Keep an eye on small branch expenses... eg. color copies.

Worked for Windstream? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Windstream reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Windstream CEO Heath Davies . All 219 reviews posted anonymously by Windstream employees.