Windstream

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Heath Davies

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Love the people and management! Its corporate america so its only for those that like the hustle!

General (Current Employee)
Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than a year

ProsCo-workers, company culture is very open and people powered, can occassionally work from home, business casual dress code, feel valued and appreciated,

Consworkload goes in peaks and valleys, but again its corporate America and you have to show why you deserve top salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementDirect management does a great job. VP and SVP's should micromanage less

Awesome People

Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee)
Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Windstream as an intern for less than a year

ProsThere has never been a time during my tenure at WIN that I've needed help and no one jumped up to assist. The team that I am part of prides itself on open communication and true comradery, and members of the team certainly walk the walk in that regard. It certainly helps with the bandwidth issue mentioned in the Cons section.

ConsWIN is very lean - which means that bandwidth per employee can, at times, be stretched to the limit. This can hinder work-life balance, which is a top priority for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith regard to overall leadership - A+. My direct supervisor is an all-star - the door is always open, this individual is very approachable, and handles conflict without flinching. With regard to the work-life balance, it's a struggle for the team's manager, as well. There's not much to be done. If the headcount isn't there, it isn't there.

Gained experience and established good, long lasting relationships

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEnjoyed the people I worked with

ConsOne word: FLA. If you are beginning a second career at Windstream and did not have the opportunity to become a FUTURE LEADER OF ACCOUNTING straight out of college; then this job is not for you. Windstream promotes based on this club membership and not knowlegde, experience or ability to lead. The reason on why this ship is sinking is b/c it is run by kids.

Advice to Senior ManagementAbolish the FLA program, cut the unstainable dividend payout instead of jobs

It's a job not a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOkay pay with okay benefits

Cons1. Only lateral movement in job, unless you are in the correct boys' club network or an attractive female (then limited to Mgr I/II). Promotions aren't based on performance but more on internal politics.

2. It's a place for a job but not a career. They do not welcome new ideas. Be sure to think inside the box if you work here.

3. If you work at the corporate headquarters, assume an 80 hour work weak and very little time with your family. Managers will be there 40-50hrs/week but if you are an analyst (I/II/Sr/Consultant) expect 80hrs with a salary based on 40hrs. Assume management will take 90% of the credit for your team's work and throw your team under the bus at review time; so they don't have to give you a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the culture to one that values honesty and integrity.

Has redefined its business with strategic acquisitions but working to improve the execution of its vision

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 5 years

Proscompetes well in market place compared to industry peers on price and product offerings.
Has proven willing to change management and is desperately trying to improve quality issues
Working to redefine its corporate culture. Technology company run by accountants so very focused on balance sheet

ConsFragmented organizational structure with lots of silos
Has suffered some quality issues from growing by acquisition very quickly
Technology company tun by accountants so very focused on balance sheet, cuts both ways

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to input from front-line employees and create a leadership program

There are worst places to work

I have been working at Windstream

ProsDecent pay and benefits, educational assistance. Can't complain too much about still having a job during the economic downturn,

ConsPay raises, bonuses and benefits aren't quite what they used to be. More difficult to get promoted withing the company nowadays.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt wouldn be nice to hire more people to make up for people who leave a department and work on better integrating records systems.

great place to work

Network Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Windstream

Prosgrowing company keeping things still small.

ConsGrowth is fast, without the additional employees

Stable work and fairly compensated

I have been working at Windstream

ProsGood compensation and benefits for this area.
Direct managers have been supportive and flexible.
Office environment is casual and friendly.

ConsCommunication between work units could be better at times.
Compensation increases don't appear to be performance related and are generally pretty small.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncreased career development would be appreciated. I've been here 5 years and have not been given a clear understanding of what to do to move forward on my career path. Each year my review is pretty much the same as the previous year with little guidance regarding what to do to move up to the next level in title and salary range.

training

I have been working at Windstream

Prosabilities of the team work, having the chance to stay on cutting edge in training in your required field

Consfavoritism "good old ____ club"

Advice to Senior Managementstop the favoritism in who they train....

Windstream

I have been working at Windstream

ProsDecent paying jobs for the size of Little Rock and expanding to continue growth and employment opportunities.

ConsDepending on the department you work for, it is difficult to move up within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be trained and take leadership classes annually

Worked for Windstream? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Windstream reviews and ratings in Little Rock, AR — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Windstream CEO Heath Davies . All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Windstream employees.