Windstream

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Windstream – “Windstream”

Not yet rated.

Jeffery R Gardner

Pros
  • Good pay (for sales people who can make quota) and great benefits(in 12 reviews)

• Decent pay, company vehicle, great coworkers(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Expected to sell to angry customers who are reporting customer service issues(in 12 reviews)

• Then one day, Upper Management changed, and that was all she wrote(in 11 reviews)

Growing pains

Sales Engineering (Current Employee)

ProsMany good people work here. executive leadership seems great but has stopped getting out into the filed very often

Consvery departmentalized, middle management worries mostly about holding onto their jobs and not getting laid off. Company feels like its putting iyself up for sale.

Great

ProsWork Life Balance, salary, benefit

ConsNothing really to complain about.

Network Tech

Network Technician (Current Employee)

ProsPay is decent and comparible to other TELCO's. The local techs make the work enviroment better.

ConsWill not put money back into infastructure. 90 percent of equipment is 10 years outdated

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some money or EVERYONE will be without a job

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Advantage: Windstream

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsThe company culture is fantastic. Windstream invests in their employees. There is a program in place for peer recognition that is championed by management. HR is accessible and proactive. Robust set of tools available to help with day-to-day activity. Very smart, very capable engineers ensure customer satisfaction after the sale. As both a carrier and data center company, Windstream Business is uniquely positioned to provide customers with end-to-end solutions, making it an ideal place to sell.

ConsInternal communication within the organization can be improved. Too many silos of information and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider creating cross-functional positions that are accountable for driving engagement across company divisions.

Decent place to work if your in the right location

ProsCommunication within the orginazation
    good people
    Room for growth if you are in one of the major locations

ConsCompany Culture seems lost. Rolled out new Culture but management did not practice what they preached.
    To many reorgs. Constantly changing the organization, employees can barely get use to one org before the next shift comes along.
    Departments tend to do a lot of finger pointing.

So far so good

Draftsperson (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsThe supervisor directly over me is very good at what he does. I get paid good and have good benefits.

ConsWanted to downsize for expense purposes yet CEO get's paid way too much. They have trip incentives for people in sales departments but don't offer anything of the kind for people in operations. My desk chair is a broke down left over from too many years of use and I have no idea if they plan on giving us new chairs; the chair makes my back pain worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new chairs!!!

To many Companies under one roof.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Job security and great coworkers.

ConsThe company has rushed the integration of Paetec into the Windstream network causing some real gaps in documentation and procedures.

Enlightening

Translations Specialist (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsSteady Work; Friendly work environment; Smaller work groups with attention to detail and project accountability.

ConsLower than average industry payscale

Advice to Senior Managementtraining

D2D Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Money and the people and atmosphere was fantastic

ConsThe company downsized and they never mentioned anything to prepare anyone

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't kill a whole division and put people out of work transition them into another roll

Very Dysfunctional

ProsPaycheck still coming
    Flexibility in Schedule
    My team is great
    My immediate supervisor is great
    My DVP is a good leader

ConsSlow integration after the purchase of multiple companies.
    Customers very unhappy because of the integration issues and cannot get a ticket worked in a reasonable time
    Morale is not a real concern but management says it is.
    Pay is terrible for the amount of work required/expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementFinish the integration this year!
    Stop wasting time and make the hard decisions when people are not getting the job done or fighting integration.
    The ERC/CSC is a mess and ticketing is horrible. After hours tickets do not get dispatched in a reasonable time.
    Major outages are missed because the system used to monitor alarms is inadequate.
    So much needs fixed it is hard to believe that Sr. leadership are even engaged.

Worked for Windstream? Contribute to the Community!