www.windstream.com

Updated January 28, 2015
Updated January 28, 2015
2.6

Anthony ("Tony") Thomas

Pros
  • Pay is decent if you can sell something (in 13 reviews)

• Good pay (for sales people who can make quota) and great benefits (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible training, provisioning, customer service and the systems are a nightmare (in 15 reviews)

• No communication from Upper Management to CEO, CFO (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company

I have been working at Windstream

Pros

Strong corporate strategy in place.

Cons

Sometimes moves too slow to react to competition.

A company to build your career foundation

Current Employee - ERC Data & Voice Spec in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - ERC Data & Voice Spec in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Windstream

Pros

Great place to learn and grown in the IT Industry. Will be a good place to get accustom to the field. Great team environment.

Cons

Fast-paced environment. Constant workload and unorganized organization. Access to necessary applications are not always available to perform duties.

Need to have more balance for employees.

Good place to work

I have been working at Windstream

Pros

Good work life balance, Worked under some good managers during my tenure here. Ability to really be successful. The perks of attending football games, baseball games, and national events are great. If you enjoy cold calling and networking this is the place for you..

Cons

Pay could be better, but it's not bad. Telecom is Telecom and it is always changing, plus ATT and Comcast are sooo bad but soooo cheap that business owners still use them, so it's hard to sale because we can't compete with their pricing or the name recognition.

For management, it's tough to say....try keeping a manager in a branch for longer then a year. I've had 2 managers going on my 3rd in 1 year.

Better training.

Significant positive movement towards standardization and efficiency, but a LONG way to go

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Windstream full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Optimistic leadership team, hard working teams to figure out how to get the impossible done. Teams work together to find alternatives, however the customization of every solution increases the challenges to deploy and support...

Cons

Executive management are detached from details; processes and standards need to be developed in order to further the business. Many legacy companies continue to operate separately; antiquated equipment with little focus on replacement.

Focus on the root cause of the issues. Processes require standardization, as well as enforcement.

Run don't walk...........

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Windstream full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are none!!! Horrible place to work. They hire anyone off the street with a HS Diploma.

Cons

This call center was the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. Upper management are very racist. They will walk right pass you and never even speak to you. Qualified African-American employees are overlooked when it comes to getting promoted to better paid positions. Also, sales goals are unrealistic. Windstream makes it hard to achieve sales quotas by consistently changing them monthly.

Acknowledge your employees.....they are more than just people filling a seat!

Telecommunications Technology

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Windstream

Pros

Bringing resolutions when engaging with Enterprise customers faced with current or pending issues...customer satisfaction is key. Our Account Executive Team is second to none in this industry. Technology is progressive, so always look to improve skill-set in order to better assist customers. This is truly a great company.

Cons

Inconsistencies with pay, promotions and procedures. Unforeseen layoffs occur at times. Recently 300 people were laid off with little to no notices given.

a Great opportunity for hands on devices control the backhaul for the major wireless carrier in USA

Current Employee - Network Analyst II in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Network Analyst II in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Windstream full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, salary in good range, chance to learn network special cases due to variety of network devices.

Cons

May not find what you expect to do, usually get less to do than what the position duties are.

Have no advice my management are supportive, and listening very well to all employee suggestion, great follower on all kind of issues

not bad!

I have been working at Windstream

Pros

management staff is good. large company.

Cons

benefits are a bit expensive.

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Windstream

Pros

There maybe pros if you are located at HQ in Arkansas, not a lot of Pros in remote offices trying to work for the business customer.

Cons

There are to many layers of management and those who make policy appear disconnected from the business customer and market conditions.

Local management needs ability to make decisions to bring on and keep their customers

Account Management

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager

I worked at Windstream

Pros

I worked with a very diligent, talented account management team that worked nearly 7 days a week trying to keep accounts running smoothly.

Cons

No support from management on any level. All they worried about were reports and conference calls. Try managing a sales funnel when you have multiple outages every month and no support from above.

Step away from your laptop and get out in the field - not visiting a branch office - but actually in front of a customer to hear their stories of frustration with the company. Sending emails is not managing.