Windstream

Windstream Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Windstream – “Windstream”

Jeffery R Gardner

Pros
  • Good pay (for sales people who can make quota) and great benefits(in 12 reviews)

• Decent pay, company vehicle, great coworkers(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Expected to sell to angry customers who are reporting customer service issues(in 12 reviews)

• Then one day, Upper Management changed, and that was all she wrote(in 11 reviews)

okjob

Transport SPEC I (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsUnlimited overtime, fast paced enviornment

Consconstant change in organization, could use better training

Advice to Senior ManagementEducation of employees.

Growing pains

Sales Engineering (Current Employee)

ProsMany good people work here. executive leadership seems great but has stopped getting out into the filed very often

Consvery departmentalized, middle management worries mostly about holding onto their jobs and not getting laid off. Company feels like its putting iyself up for sale.

Great

ProsWork Life Balance, salary, benefit

ConsNothing really to complain about.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Advantage: Windstream

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsThe company culture is fantastic. Windstream invests in their employees. There is a program in place for peer recognition that is championed by management. HR is accessible and proactive. Robust set of tools available to help with day-to-day activity. Very smart, very capable engineers ensure customer satisfaction after the sale. As both a carrier and data center company, Windstream Business is uniquely positioned to provide customers with end-to-end solutions, making it an ideal place to sell.

ConsInternal communication within the organization can be improved. Too many silos of information and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider creating cross-functional positions that are accountable for driving engagement across company divisions.

Network Tech

Network Technician (Current Employee)

ProsPay is decent and comparible to other TELCO's. The local techs make the work enviroment better.

ConsWill not put money back into infastructure. 90 percent of equipment is 10 years outdated

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some money or EVERYONE will be without a job

Decent place to work if your in the right location

ProsCommunication within the orginazation
    good people
    Room for growth if you are in one of the major locations

ConsCompany Culture seems lost. Rolled out new Culture but management did not practice what they preached.
    To many reorgs. Constantly changing the organization, employees can barely get use to one org before the next shift comes along.
    Departments tend to do a lot of finger pointing.

So far so good

Draftsperson (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsThe supervisor directly over me is very good at what he does. I get paid good and have good benefits.

ConsWanted to downsize for expense purposes yet CEO get's paid way too much. They have trip incentives for people in sales departments but don't offer anything of the kind for people in operations. My desk chair is a broke down left over from too many years of use and I have no idea if they plan on giving us new chairs; the chair makes my back pain worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new chairs!!!

Customer Service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbenefits, trainers were fun and understood what they were teaching but the time frame to teach has been shortened to where it is all crammed together.

ConsNo work/family balance, upper management were former team managers and not very friendly, monthly sales goals were changed continuously and if field techs didn't get to your sale installation and changed date it caused you to lose that months sale. unrealistic expectations for a team not in the sales dept.

Advice to Senior Managementcustomer service should be just that...customer service, it is very hard to push a sale on an angry customer especially one that is calling to complain about the service as a whole.

Simple review......

ERA (Former Employee) Harrison, AR

ProsGood pay for the area and ability to speak with immediate management a plus.

ConsPromotion within the company is based on perception and not reality much of the time. Some promotion into management are based on connections and who you know and advancement is not always to the best candidate. There are multiple departments within Windstream that work independent of other department and are not on the same page. Sometimes trying to get tasks done is very difficult. Policy's differ also from each department even though all departments work under the Windstream logo. The company is struggling to transform itself from a Legacy phone company to a Data Enterprise and ISP service. The transformation is not easy and change happens all the time. Moving from desk to desk is not uncommon and movement from one building to another is also not uncommon. Current employees are on edge not knowing if there going to be the next department to be downsized. I have worked for this company for many years before my department was downsized and have seen a lot of changes. Some not so ethical and some very good. Some jobs are going oversees to help bolster the company's bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat will make Windstream successful is its people with knowledge and experience and people who care about the customer and not about the numbers. The numbers will come if employees are enabled to help customers resolve problems and make valent efforts to retain its customer base. Gaining new customers is always great if Windstream first looks at ways to maintain its current customer base. Windstream needs to be more innovative looking and investing in new ideas and technologies to stand out in the market place and not always be a laggard.

To many Companies under one roof.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Job security and great coworkers.

ConsThe company has rushed the integration of Paetec into the Windstream network causing some real gaps in documentation and procedures.

Worked for Windstream? Contribute to the Community!