Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems

2.3

Brent Copeland

It's not the company, it was the Center Manager

I worked at Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems part-time

Pros

Great company, worked with my schedule,

Cons

When confronted my center manager about the service manager 'borrowing' money from my cash drawer the only punishment was no wage increase. I quit, I wouldn't ever work for a company like that.

Good for someone who doesn't know any better.

Former Employee - Service Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Service Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Weekly pay, weekends off, easy transactions with customers (most are national accounts and veteran drivers who know what they want).

Cons

Very poor training for new hires, no support given by management. No one gives a sh*t about anything other than their own personal daily tasks. Racist coworkers. Yeah, I said it.

Open up lines of communication. Big wigs stop by the store periodically and walk right past you to see the manager. Be involved in the process. "PUT YOUR FACE IN THE PLACE"

Retreading tires

Current Employee - Retread Tech in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Retread Tech in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Goodyear offers good benefits, such as 401K, Aflac, and medical insurance, etc. Shift supervisors' work with their employees to find a comfortable "fit" in the plant, and are supportive.

Cons

Poor on the job training- videos are outdated, and do not match current company standards. Company seems more concerned with production than with the quality of work. Physically difficult work, very hot inside the plant during summer, NO heat in the warehouse during the cold season, mandatory overtime, early start times (between 100 am-500am), very dirty work. The plant manager discriminates OPENLY against women and certain minorities. The hourly wage starts at 12.00, and there are very few raises given- not even COLA's, and almost zero opportunity for advancement.

The job training programs need updating. Restructure of upper management is necessary to avoid potential lawsuits, and to eliminate unfair treatment of employees.

Do not waste your time working for this unsafe discriminatory company.

Former Employee - Tractor Truck Oil Change and Tire Maintenance in Baytown, TX
    Former Employee - Tractor Truck Oil Change and Tire Maintenance in Baytown, TX

I worked at Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No pros - such a lousy job with very little pay and bad unprofessional work ethics. Do not waste your time here.

Cons

Do not waste your time applying for this job. It is very repetitive hard work with very little pay. They cheat you on your paycheck. They do not keep safety items in stock such as gloves or safety glasses in stock as far as when they wear out and you need another pair.

Shut down this lousy shop

Decent Job

Current Employee - Retread Tech in Howell, MI
    Current Employee - Retread Tech in Howell, MI

I have been working at Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy going work atmosphere, simple machines to run.

Cons

Does not pay well enough for someone with college loans, very repetitive jobs (boring)

Need to be more involved

Views

Former Employee - Center Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Center Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Few places for woemen managers

Cons

Very male dominated and little room for your ideas

Be more fair to women

it was a good experience, they gave me a chance to work there, I never new anything about mechanic work.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Dandridge, TN
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Dandridge, TN

I have been working at Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

the company is pretty good.

Cons

you have to work until there are no one in shop. before you can get off, when your shift ends

management is good , but could be better

Great so far

Current Employee - Assistant Service Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Service Manager in Miami, FL

Pros

corporate gives you all of the tools to help you succeed

Cons

none that i can currently think of.

Not a place for a professional

Former Employee - Commercial Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Commercial Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great tires! helps make job a little easier.

Cons

Its just awful. Its bad enough sales reps waste time by doing deliveries, gets worse. The IT system impossible to use & figure out, no training available for it. Its just amazing how stupid the people running the company are. A best practices program would help this company so much, also investments like i Pads for sales reps help an awful lot. They wont invest a penny in improving a single thing at this company. Proper investments in IT yield a 12% return amazing people at this company so stupid they don't understand that, just amazing to me, you must be kidding! The branch I worked out of was a dump! it was dirty smelly just awful. avoid this company at all costs!!!

Fire every person running the company. Replace them with people from OUTSIDE the tire business, its called fresh ideas!

Wingfoot allows a good balance of Work/Personal Life

Current Employee - Senior Software Analyst in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Software Analyst in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems

Pros

I enjoy the transparency between upper management and regular Home Office Employees, and it is refreshing to have that kind of relationship all the way up to the COO of the compant. There is never a problem getting time off when needed, and rarely have to work weekends if ever.

Cons

Givent the current ecnomy the path fro growth is somewhat limited, but this seems like it will be temporary, certain peices of the business, and decisions of upper management seem not to make sense, but that is every company. IT needs to be more strongly staffed for the job it's given, and consolidated into fewer managers.

I would focus more in the IT side of the business as it's the ground work for operations in the field.