Wingspan Portfolio

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steven Horne

It was a great and excellence one

Reporting Analyst (Former Employee)
    Frisco, TX

ProsThey were very cooperative and good training material and opportunity to grow

ConsWe have to work different projects always

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should try to create opportunity in other job areas

I enjoyed my job

ProsGreat place to work and loved my team

ConsJob security- when contract ran out we were laid off

Horrible Company to Work For

Senior Analyst (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsPayed me very well
    They do offer High Hourly and in certain positions you can make monthly bonus

ConsBenfits are very expensive

All this company care's about is making money. They do not care about their empoyees. They are constanly loosing contracts because of the poor quality of work they produce.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because someone has a college degree, does not make them mangagement material.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked for this company for two years

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay is better than some. Lower level management really cares about their employees and the CEO seems to really want to make a good impression. They hold quarterly town halls where they look for honest questions and suggestions.

ConsNo reward system. Their top 10 workers were just layer off because they were in the wrong department at the wrong time. Others who had low productivity were transferred to the only department that was not downsized, and there was no real method to who was laid off and who was kept.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease recognize the ones who are still there who actually like their job and work to keep their quality and production to the standard that is set for them.

Consistent feel of being uneasy

Melbourne, FL

ProsAbility to learn new things

ConsNo promotion or pay increase opportunities

Grew too fast...leading to downsizing too fast

Frisco, TX

ProsLearned something new that will be useful down the line. Fun environment to work in. Had some great people too.

ConsCompany grew too fast & the contract that was negotiated was poorly set up to where company running in the red too long, that is it was not sustainable. As a result, company downsized substantially within a year, with layoffs galore.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to negotiate the contract properly so that you're not in the red financially out of the gate.

Stay away if you have any other option

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a full-time job

ConsPoorly managed, terrible benefits, lack of direction

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for opportunities elsewhere

DSCR Customer Advocae

DSCR Customer Advocate (Former Employee)
    Frisco, TX

ProsI really enjoyed the people on the team that I worked with. They were awesome and I got to know them pretty well. There is some exposure to the mortgage industry, but don't count on "in-depth" industry knowledge like they market the job to be.

Pay wasn't bad.

ConsWhere do i start...
    - Most of the upper management team at DSCR were fairly incompetent. A lot of them seem to think they know what they're doing just because they have a title to a position.
    - Management does more talking than doing.
    - I've been around similar people enough to recognize when management talks a good talk but never follows up. When asked a question, no one in management seems to be able to give a straight forward answer. They'll take you around in circles about a bunch of unrelated things (usually bringing up company history or recent achievements), and think that at the end they've given a satisfying answer. In reality, they just strung together some corporate jargon and drizzled in a little company performance.
    - Management has "meetings" all the time. With the exception of layoffs, no one ever see the results of these "meetings".
    - Projects are contract based. As far as I know the company has not been able to maintain a contract consistently with their clients.
    - Mentioned this earlier, but don't expect any "in-depth" knowledge about the mortgage industry. You won't learn how to amortize a loan, you won't learn how to underwrite a loan, and you most certainly will not being learning industry trends. You'll learn about the various facets of loan mod programs, but you're still erring on the side of customer service than loan structuring. Please don't be fooled by any attempt to market the job as "gaining real experience in the mortgage industry". Honest description would be "writing letters to customers about loan issues".
    - With the exception of a few individuals, most people in management would not be able to provide you any assistance with your every day job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop assuming you know what you're doing. Stop making a sales pitch every time you're addressing you're employees. Address the issues that your employees are worried about, not the issue that you think are important. Your employees don't care about where the company has been or where the company is headed. They care about whether they're still going to have a job the next day. If you can't give an honest answer to a basic question like that, you have no business in being in management.

You should also consider more carefully who you're keeping around. I don't even have to look at the books and I know some managers/people are there draining company revenue. They provide absolutely no value at all but are there because of whatever relationship they have.

Mr. CEO, take a good honest look at the management you've hired. Do they really have the qualifications to be doing their jobs as senior management.?You and I both know, for most of them, the answer is a resounding "no". Sure it's hard to let your friends go, but it sure as heck doesn't get easier when they've lost a contract and all they have to say is "well...there was this issue to consider, and this person didn't perform to our standards, and in this month this other issue came up..." I know you are smart enough to recognize when a person is full of BS when you hear one.

Different

FHA Claim Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsNice work location, HR helpful

ConsDidn't have the contract so we sat there for 3mos

Advice to Senior ManagementHire Team leads that know the job and how to do it

Not the worst, but far from the best

Inline Quality Review (Former Employee)
    Frisco, TX

ProsWe were allowed to obtain a wide variety of mortgage knowledge. Decent compensation. Consistent overtime was a plus

ConsToo many people only there to collect a paycheck and had no interest in bettering themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to make the tough decisions. The business wouldn't be circling the drain if you were willing to remove the incompetent people and insert the people that know their stuff and care about the company

Worked for Wingspan Portfolio? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wingspan Portfolio reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wingspan Portfolio CEO Steven Horne. All 33 reviews posted anonymously by Wingspan Portfolio employees.