Wingspan Portfolio

Updated October 27, 2014
Updated October 27, 2014
2.5

Steven Horne

Good company, but too many changes in personnel to recommend

Former Employee - Unit Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Unit Manager in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great group of associates and direct management

Cons

Continual realignment over the past year

Please calm down and focus on the business, and your employees will get the job done. Communicate changes and challenges internally more quickly - people will make up something if they are not given the facts. We all know the real estate industry is volatile at times, but we can't be team players if the long range goals aren't shared with us.

Good pay , short term job!

Current Employee - DSCR Advocate in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - DSCR Advocate in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great People , Great Money....

Cons

Staying late when the cases are not closed daily. No detailed training, Never know when you will get laid off.

Worked on mortgage loans.

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter/Escrow Assistant in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter/Escrow Assistant in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company trains persons about the mortgage business.

Cons

You will learn about the mortgage business.

Need to hire college grads instead of just high school education.

Great place to gain Mortgage experience

Current Employee - Mortgage Processor in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Mortgage Processor in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great company to network and meet great people most of the employe are good people and hard workers.

Cons

Not a lot of communication from upper management information get spread from one associated to another. Training isn't the best you really have to learn your own work arounds.

Work on communication so that there will be more trust and respect between you all and the staff.

I HAD A GREAT WORKING EXPERIENCE IN WINGSPAN

Former Employee - FHA Claims Analyst in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - FHA Claims Analyst in Frisco, TX

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wingspan is a fun working environment with a lot to learn from co-workers

Cons

Working in Wingspan I had little or no challenge except for having to drive a long to get there.

The Titanic. Get off while you can.

Former Employee - N/A in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - N/A in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people in the site. My former co-workers including employees and peers and immediate manager and her peers. I'm trying to think of more positives and the coffee was decent and the bathrooms cleaned several times a day.

Cons

I don't even know where to begin. "Power, Corruption & Lies" is an album from New Order and I really can't think of a better quote to describe this company. I promised myself I will stick to the facts and avoid the innuendo.

In February, 2013 Wingspan took over the site in Melbourne from Chase. They, being Wingspan, inherited the TOP performing site in all of JPMorgan Chase. We are talking about the largest bank in the United States. 200,000+ employees worldwide. Regardless of your opinion of Chase, they are the 800 pound gorilla in the room and to be the top site in lil' old Melbourne, Florida is quite an accomplishment.

Many employees had been through the WAMU days as the top performing site in that now defunct Saving's and Loan Company. Then five years ago many made the transition to Chase. It was a "Decade of Excellence," not to be confused with Motley Crue's greatest hits LP, "A Decade Of Decadence." This excellence and I should add it is due to the excellent knowledge and service provided by the front line associates, continued through out the last 18 months and included every metric that JPMorgan Chase looked for. Customer satisfaction was at an all-time high. Production and SLA's were being met consistently. QA and most importantly Reg. X and Reg. B violations from the Melbourne site were FAR lower than the rest of the other Chase sites.

Even with these outstanding credentials Wingspan lost the contract with Chase. Now either Wingspan Sr. Management is clueless on how to keep a top performing site OR (see first example.) Facts are facts and the fact is that Wingspan makes money on their hourly charge for their clients. Performance does not mean anything, apparently. There was a "unit based pricing" format that was presented to JPMorgan Chase which would have raised the rates they were being charged, even higher.

Regardless of what actually happened, the facts are that Chase decided to take their business 'in house' even with the added benefits and other costs they would incur. That and the fact that the groups that took over the business were far less experienced and customer satisfaction has in fact suffered only adds salt to the wounds.

Hundreds of excellent employees have in turn lost their jobs even though their performance as a third party vendor far surpassed the others in the company they were servicing. One can only point to total incompetence at the Sr. Management Level at Wingspan.

There are many other reviews which point to anything ranging from incompetence to outright nepotism and even racism at Wingspan. The events which led up to this loss of now almost 500 jobs in two sites is symptomatic of the the ineptitude of Wingspan's management as well as their skewed vision. People are not numbers. They matter. We matter. Hiring someone off the street with a high school education to fill these shoes is an insult to whatever company is supported. This is a house of cards that will fall and very soon.

The fact that the disease is top down essentially means that there is nothing that can really be done to change this culture. Steve Horne, the CEO, will most likely take the money and run within a few years and what happens after that is speculation. Very large contracts have been lost recently with B of A and Chase and one may wonder if there will be any substantial business at all for Wingspan in the near or far future.

My experience at wingspan was very different from any other job I've ever worked.

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio

Pros

the single best reason for working with me and is unlimited overtime.

Cons

I'm a jerk on working for wingspan everyone is a contract employee with no benefits with the exception of management

start becoming more engaged with your employees and make it an option to become permanent

Roller Coaster

Former Employee - FHA Claim Analyst in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - FHA Claim Analyst in Frisco, TX

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I experienced three different positions in two years. I loved my job and my coworkers.

Cons

I and so many people were furloughed in March. I have yet to find another job.

FHA Claims Project

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio

Pros

No pros, did have some awesome team members

Cons

Not permanent position, temporary until you find something else

service loans

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio

Pros

good for an entry level job

Cons

poor management, not organized, bonus are hard to achieve