Wingspan Portfolio

Employment Status

Reset
2.0
Steven Horne

Pros
  • Great company to network and meet great people most of the employe are good people and hard workers (in 4 reviews)

• Great Company for advacement,and growth (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of the upper management team at DSCR were fairly incompetent (in 7 reviews)

• Job security- when contract ran out we were laid off (in 3 reviews)

Worst Company I ever Worked for.. Petty, Vindictive Mgmt & HR, Chaotic Environment

Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location - not far out of Dallas Pay - if you are one of the lucky ones Easy Work Accessible to bus line

Cons

Inexperienced Mgmt Very insulated company Different Rules depending on who you know Very unfair, some people have an unfair advantage Mgmt was vindictive HR is one person who is not objective or fair Mgmt would isolate and pick with certain staff up until they fired them

Advice to Management

Change Management.

Poor Management, Racism,Nepotism and Discrimation at Company

Current Employee - Mortgage Processor in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Mortgage Processor in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The dress code was casual at Wingspan Portfolio Advisors. There was a young staff. Most people in their late teens, early to mid twenties. It was right off the bus line.

Cons

Management was petty. Most of the Managers personally knew the owner or where related to the owner. Entire families held management positions. The company was very top down managed. There was discrimination against blacks, muslims and hispanics. There was a high turnover when I worked there. Lots of people were unhappy. Quite a few people filed EEOC claims. Certain managers had god complexes it seemed.They would fire on the spot for petty reasons. Lots of backroom dealings. The managers were in a club of sorts. Certain people could get away with anything. Favored employees could jump jobs. Position to position until they found one they could do. Other employees were placed on difficult tasks. Paid less for doing the same if not more work. Very low morale.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves since the Owner won't. You will be doing him a favor.

3. Customer Advocate--More like Devils Advocate

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get paid hourly+staying late is encouraged= more time to not do anything, not help anyone, cheat the system to close cases. You can really rack up your hours doing nothing. They will hire anyone, so getting a job there is easy.

Cons

-You will never feel like your helping anyone -There is no employee respect, in fact there is outright disrespect and it is tolerated or you lose your job. -Your are lying, cheating the system, so you can make the company money from their "clients" -No culture no values, they hire you based on 60 day contract, and there are valuable employees there who have been there for years still not receiving any benefits and being forced to drive from building to building in short notice.

Advice to Management

Please value the employees you have before you do mass hires. Train them better and give them compensation they deserve.

5. I should have listened to the review I read on Glassdoor, but my husband said don't worry.

Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Plano, TX

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a place to make money when no other prospects were on the horizon, but I wouldn't advise anyone to take it, unless they like torture. I got a chance to experience what hell might be like with some new friends I made.

Cons

Management treated us like dirt. Just like the reviewer before me said, promotions were done on a "friends" basis. Incredible turnover, that I thought was unreal!! Some bosses acted like they were "Billy Bad-Ass." It was exactly what I thought prison might be like. One coworker called it a Chinese Sweatshop. Training was terrible, then they tried to make up for it by retraining and retraining and retraining us. Nothing like inefficiency! It was a bad job, but the co-workers were great!

Advice to Management

Frisco office: Get a conscience. Treat people the way you want to be treated, because someday the tables might be turned.

Group benefits policies in 2012 may not have been legal.

Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The workplace and group benefits may have improved with new management in late 2012 or early 2013.

Cons

Employees are given, or perceive, that they are not valued by the company.

Advice to Management

Make your "group" benefits more legitimate by allowing all employees in the group to participate.

7. Very unprofessional work environment. Management is disrespectful to employees thru the way they communicate to them.

Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay and the benefits.

Cons

Micro management, worker bee, slavery environment.

8. FHA Claims Anaylst

Former Employee - FHA Claim Analyst in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - FHA Claim Analyst in Frisco, TX

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

eco friendly they provide you with a tumbler and coffee mug

Cons

frequent layoffs, changing job titles to fit company needs

DSCR Customer Advocae

Former Employee - DSCR Customer Advocate in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - DSCR Customer Advocate in Frisco, TX

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the people on the team that I worked with. They were awesome and I got to know them pretty well. There is some exposure to the mortgage industry, but don't count on "in-depth" industry knowledge like they market the job to be. Pay wasn't bad.

Cons

Where do i start... - Most of the upper management team at DSCR were fairly incompetent. A lot of them seem to think they know what they're doing just because they have a title to a position. - Management does more talking than doing. - I've been around similar people enough to recognize when management talks a good talk but never follows up. When asked a question, no one in management seems to be able to give a straight forward answer. They'll take you around in circles about a bunch of unrelated things (usually bringing up company history or recent achievements), and think that at the end they've given a satisfying answer. In reality, they just strung together some corporate jargon and drizzled in a little company performance. - Management has "meetings" all the time. With the exception of layoffs, no one ever see the results of these "meetings". - Projects are contract based. As far as I know the company has not been able to maintain a contract consistently with their clients. - Mentioned this earlier, but don't expect any "in-depth" knowledge about the mortgage industry. You won't learn how to amortize a loan, you won't learn how to underwrite a loan, and you most certainly will not being learning industry trends. You'll learn about the various facets of loan mod programs, but you're still erring on the side of customer service than loan structuring. Please don't be fooled by any attempt to market the job as "gaining real experience in the mortgage industry". Honest description would be "writing letters to customers about loan issues". - With the exception of a few individuals, most people in management would not be able to provide you any assistance with your every day job.

Advice to Management

Stop assuming you know what you're doing. Stop making a sales pitch every time you're addressing you're employees. Address the issues that your employees are worried about, not the issue that you think are important. Your employees don't care about where the company has been or where the company is headed. They care about whether they're still going to have a job the next day. If you can't give an honest answer to a basic question like that, you have no business in being in management. You should also consider more carefully who you're keeping around. I don't even have to look at the books and I know some managers/people are there draining company revenue. They provide absolutely no value at all but are there because of whatever relationship they have. Mr. CEO, take a good honest look at the management you've hired. Do they really have the qualifications to be doing their jobs as senior management.?You and I both know, for most of them, the answer is a resounding "no". Sure it's hard to let your friends go, but it sure as heck doesn't get easier when they've lost a contract and all they have to say is "well...there was this issue to consider, and this person didn't perform to our standards, and in this month this other issue came up..." I know you are smart enough to recognize when a person is full of BS when you hear one.

Stay away if you have any other option

Pros

It was a full-time job

Cons

Poorly managed, terrible benefits, lack of direction

Advice to Management

Look for opportunities elsewhere

Horrible Company to Work For

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Payed me very well They do offer High Hourly and in certain positions you can make monthly bonus

Cons

Benfits are very expensive All this company care's about is making money. They do not care about their empoyees. They are constanly loosing contracts because of the poor quality of work they produce.

Advice to Management

Just because someone has a college degree, does not make them mangagement material.

RSS Feed </> Embed