Wingspan Portfolio Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
56 reviews filtered by
2.2
Steven Horne

Pros
  • My fellow co-workers, Wingspan has tremendous amount good people working for them (in 4 reviews)

• Great company to network and meet great people most of the employe are good people and hard workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of the upper management team at DSCR were fairly incompetent (in 7 reviews)

• Use unethical tactics to threaten employees job security (in 3 reviews)

1. Poor leadership, HR is disloyal and not support.

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio

Pros

Office location in Frisco and that's it.

Cons

lack of leadership, overtime, and pay.

2. Was put out of my misery.

Former Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was great but that was already set from previous employer (now client) whom employment was sold from.
    Great people to work with. Everyone looked out for each other and continues to do so after our employment has ended.

Cons

Having to make up holiday hours client approved off but employer didn't want to lose income.
    No opportunity for growth. A person leaves a position, that position is dissolved.
    Questionable fraternizing among upper management.
    Was with client for over one year, saw a raise and a bonus. With employer for almost twice as long and no bonus and pay raise was never an option.
    No trust in upper management. Was told jobs would be safe for another 18 months only to be told a few short months later that we were being furloughed and previous statement was a "technology contract" for us to use client computers only.
    Executives only sending a letter on last day of employment. Letter stated hoping to bring back 67% of employees within 6 months at "like pay" Offered position 2 months later for significantly less pay and later told those employees, who accepted the reduced pay, their services would not be needed.
    Inability to communicate with client.
    HR not available to employees.

Start thinking about how you can help improve your employees. If you have employees who are not sure about their future or their employer, you're not going to get the elite level of work you expected.

3. Disorganized, weak management, poor training, left hand didn't communicate with right hand type of management.

Former Employee - DSCR Advocate in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - DSCR Advocate in Frisco, TX

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about Wingspan were the people on the production floor. If you were lucky to make friends you would rely on each other to figure things out.

Cons

Team Leads were not held accountable. Office culture was bearable.

Hire people who are familiar with the industry. Place people with knowledge in leadership positions.

beware of potentially shady business practices

Current Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They kept our salary the same after buying us from Chase Bank.

Cons

Kept promising opportunity and growth which never happened, were not allowed to apply for other positions within the company due to having to keep the number of positions the same per their contract with Chase Bank (in other words just a number not actually a person who matters)

Be more mindful of what contracts you enter into with other companies and think about your employees not just getting your name in the media for hiring a bunch of people that you will just let go of in a year.

CAS

Former Employee - CAS in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - CAS in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are NO pro's, there is nothing, NOTHING good about this company..They will use you, their managers will abuse you (verbally) and then they will "furlough" you and give you false hope that you are important and will be called back..DON'T FALL FOR IT! Trust all these reviews...

Cons

Way too much to list, horrible company, and again, they will use you until the job is done, then herd you out of their leased building like a bunch of cattle..( I am not joking)
    Disgusting..Biggest mistake Chase ever did was sell off their valuable employees to this scam company.

You will get what is coming for your corrupt actions and lies, and I hope you remember each and every face you LIED too when you close your eyes at night. Karma is coming for you all.

A small fish in a big pond very lost and poorly guided.

Current Contractor - Underwriter in Melbourne, FL
    Current Contractor - Underwriter in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

When Chase sold us to Wingspan, those of us who managed to hold on to our jobs got to keep our salaries and stay in the same building.

Cons

No company values, extremely poor management, hostile work environment and to cut back on salary, they just cut jobs. CEO is Jason Spooner now because Steve Horne was ousted do to poor decision making and misappropriate of funds.

Look for a company that has a solid foundation. Wingspan is a glorified temp agency whose lifeline depends on Chase Bank. Once Chase figures out how to legally outsource all of it's small projects to other countries for a cheaper price, there will no longer be a need for us. Work at your own risk, use it for what you can, and move on to more stable ground.

Awful Company

Former Employee - Quality Control in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Quality Control in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio (less than a year)

Pros

None. Awful office culture. Pros: 4 walls, a roof, restrooms, great coffee machines, central ac, large break area.

Cons

Employees are just another #. HR does not care about you, if you need assistance, there is none. 9 years in the industry, and they treat you like dirt. Avoid at all costs.

Direct management is not the problem. It is upper management, and the ones that make the 'real' decisions. Value your employees, show and give them respect. If employees feel values and appreciated, the performance and results will show.

The Titanic. Get off while you can.

Former Employee - N/A in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - N/A in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people in the site. My former co-workers including employees and peers and immediate manager and her peers. I'm trying to think of more positives and the coffee was decent and the bathrooms cleaned several times a day.

Cons

I don't even know where to begin. "Power, Corruption & Lies" is an album from New Order and I really can't think of a better quote to describe this company. I promised myself I will stick to the facts and avoid the innuendo.

In February, 2013 Wingspan took over the site in Melbourne from Chase. They, being Wingspan, inherited the TOP performing site in all of JPMorgan Chase. We are talking about the largest bank in the United States. 200,000+ employees worldwide. Regardless of your opinion of Chase, they are the 800 pound gorilla in the room and to be the top site in lil' old Melbourne, Florida is quite an accomplishment.

Many employees had been through the WAMU days as the top performing site in that now defunct Saving's and Loan Company. Then five years ago many made the transition to Chase. It was a "Decade of Excellence," not to be confused with Motley Crue's greatest hits LP, "A Decade Of Decadence." This excellence and I should add it is due to the excellent knowledge and service provided by the front line associates, continued through out the last 18 months and included every metric that JPMorgan Chase looked for. Customer satisfaction was at an all-time high. Production and SLA's were being met consistently. QA and most importantly Reg. X and Reg. B violations from the Melbourne site were FAR lower than the rest of the other Chase sites.

Even with these outstanding credentials Wingspan lost the contract with Chase. Now either Wingspan Sr. Management is clueless on how to keep a top performing site OR (see first example.) Facts are facts and the fact is that Wingspan makes money on their hourly charge for their clients. Performance does not mean anything, apparently. There was a "unit based pricing" format that was presented to JPMorgan Chase which would have raised the rates they were being charged, even higher.

Regardless of what actually happened, the facts are that Chase decided to take their business 'in house' even with the added benefits and other costs they would incur. That and the fact that the groups that took over the business were far less experienced and customer satisfaction has in fact suffered only adds salt to the wounds.

Hundreds of excellent employees have in turn lost their jobs even though their performance as a third party vendor far surpassed the others in the company they were servicing. One can only point to total incompetence at the Sr. Management Level at Wingspan.

There are many other reviews which point to anything ranging from incompetence to outright nepotism and even racism at Wingspan. The events which led up to this loss of now almost 500 jobs in two sites is symptomatic of the the ineptitude of Wingspan's management as well as their skewed vision. People are not numbers. They matter. We matter. Hiring someone off the street with a high school education to fill these shoes is an insult to whatever company is supported. This is a house of cards that will fall and very soon.

The fact that the disease is top down essentially means that there is nothing that can really be done to change this culture. Steve Horne, the CEO, will most likely take the money and run within a few years and what happens after that is speculation. Very large contracts have been lost recently with B of A and Chase and one may wonder if there will be any substantial business at all for Wingspan in the near or far future.

10. FHA Claims Project

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio

Pros

No pros, did have some awesome team members

Cons

Not permanent position, temporary until you find something else

Unorganized unethical leaders

Current Employee - Mortgage Servicing in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Mortgage Servicing in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation was about the only highlight

Cons

Constant training changes, daily. No realistic vision for the future, the more unstable it became the more unpredictable and irrational plans became. Employees were able to see the writing on the walls with the demise of the presence in Texas.

With the current wind down of the Frisco Location, I am not sure there is any viable management. If there is going forward don't hire brother, sisters, aunts, uncles, mothers and children.or best friends.inbred staff. It does not allow for critical thinking, accurate planning. And above all do not hire any HR staff with a criminal record, how can they be an example ?
    Also there is no company that "works" the same staff until midnight, with nothing to do, just gouging your vendor.