Wingspan Portfolio

Add Photos

Steven Horne

Title varies

Customer Advocate (Former Employee) Frisco, TX

ProsNot too many Pros about this company other than the Location, and overtime when available since the pay was low with no promotions offered.

ConsNot a place for educated and/or employees with extensive work experience. Highly Unethical, disorganized, inexperienced managers hand picked based on how a person is favored by upper management. Very low wages for educated adults and employees with families. A disregard for employees personal time outside of business hours. Use unethical tactics to threaten employees job security. HR is useless and allow the unethical behaviors to occur.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire mature, responsible, experienced and/or educated individuals to manage and pay employees based on merit not on popularity with management.

Unorganized unethical leaders

Mortgage Servicing (Current Employee) Frisco, TX

ProsCompensation was about the only highlight

ConsConstant training changes, daily. No realistic vision for the future, the more unstable it became the more unpredictable and irrational plans became. Employees were able to see the writing on the walls with the demise of the presence in Texas.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the current wind down of the Frisco Location, I am not sure there is any viable management. If there is going forward don't hire brother, sisters, aunts, uncles, mothers and children.or best friends.inbred staff. It does not allow for critical thinking, accurate planning. And above all do not hire any HR staff with a criminal record, how can they be an example ?
    Also there is no company that "works" the same staff until midnight, with nothing to do, just gouging your vendor.

Constant feeling of stress if you will have a job

ProsNot many that I can think of- except for the phrase we hear almost every day. You should be greatful for your job. Hmmmm

ConsEvery single day you are in fear that you will not have a job. Benefits are VERY expensive. They take away paid holidays at the drop of the hat and at the last minute. No increase in pay but new employees brought in make $25k more a year from right off the street. "Furlough" folks all the time

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees at the very least like human beings. Not to be used as leverage for contracts. We are not a sweatshop country - take care if your employees like they mean something to your success and don't try to just use and abuse them

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible Company to Work For

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPayed me very well
    They do offer High Hourly and in certain positions you can make monthly bonus

ConsBenfits are very expensive

All this company care's about is making money. They do not care about their empoyees. They are constanly loosing contracts because of the poor quality of work they produce.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because someone has a college degree, does not make them mangagement material.

Stay away if you have any other option

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a full-time job

ConsPoorly managed, terrible benefits, lack of direction

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for opportunities elsewhere

DSCR Customer Advocae

DSCR Customer Advocate (Former Employee) Frisco, TX

ProsI really enjoyed the people on the team that I worked with. They were awesome and I got to know them pretty well. There is some exposure to the mortgage industry, but don't count on "in-depth" industry knowledge like they market the job to be.

Pay wasn't bad.

ConsWhere do i start...
    - Most of the upper management team at DSCR were fairly incompetent. A lot of them seem to think they know what they're doing just because they have a title to a position.
    - Management does more talking than doing.
    - I've been around similar people enough to recognize when management talks a good talk but never follows up. When asked a question, no one in management seems to be able to give a straight forward answer. They'll take you around in circles about a bunch of unrelated things (usually bringing up company history or recent achievements), and think that at the end they've given a satisfying answer. In reality, they just strung together some corporate jargon and drizzled in a little company performance.
    - Management has "meetings" all the time. With the exception of layoffs, no one ever see the results of these "meetings".
    - Projects are contract based. As far as I know the company has not been able to maintain a contract consistently with their clients.
    - Mentioned this earlier, but don't expect any "in-depth" knowledge about the mortgage industry. You won't learn how to amortize a loan, you won't learn how to underwrite a loan, and you most certainly will not being learning industry trends. You'll learn about the various facets of loan mod programs, but you're still erring on the side of customer service than loan structuring. Please don't be fooled by any attempt to market the job as "gaining real experience in the mortgage industry". Honest description would be "writing letters to customers about loan issues".
    - With the exception of a few individuals, most people in management would not be able to provide you any assistance with your every day job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop assuming you know what you're doing. Stop making a sales pitch every time you're addressing you're employees. Address the issues that your employees are worried about, not the issue that you think are important. Your employees don't care about where the company has been or where the company is headed. They care about whether they're still going to have a job the next day. If you can't give an honest answer to a basic question like that, you have no business in being in management.

You should also consider more carefully who you're keeping around. I don't even have to look at the books and I know some managers/people are there draining company revenue. They provide absolutely no value at all but are there because of whatever relationship they have.

Mr. CEO, take a good honest look at the management you've hired. Do they really have the qualifications to be doing their jobs as senior management.?You and I both know, for most of them, the answer is a resounding "no". Sure it's hard to let your friends go, but it sure as heck doesn't get easier when they've lost a contract and all they have to say is "well...there was this issue to consider, and this person didn't perform to our standards, and in this month this other issue came up..." I know you are smart enough to recognize when a person is full of BS when you hear one.

FHA Claims Anaylst

FHA Claim Analyst (Former Employee) Frisco, TX

Proseco friendly they provide you with a tumbler and coffee mug

Consfrequent layoffs, changing job titles to fit company needs

Very unprofessional work environment. Management is disrespectful to employees thru the way they communicate to them.

Customer Advocate (Current Employee) Frisco, TX

ProsThe pay and the benefits.

ConsMicro management, worker bee, slavery environment.

Group benefits policies in 2012 may not have been legal.

Customer Advocate (Former Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsThe workplace and group benefits may have improved with new management in late 2012 or early 2013.

ConsEmployees are given, or perceive, that they are not valued by the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your "group" benefits more legitimate by allowing all employees in the group to participate.

An Absolute Mess

Customer Advocate (Former Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsMy fellow co-workers, Wingspan has tremendous amount good people working for them. However, most of the good people all work at the entry level, not in management. My teammates made it worth dragging myself in everyday to deal with all the non-sense. I would like to point out that there are some very good people in management at Wingspan, a handful in the sea of managers.

ConsManagement, upper management to be exact, manages by fear tactics. Ours jobs were constantly held over our heads. “If you don't do this, you’re fired" that’s their slogan it seems. We were constantly made aware that we were expendable. Don't even think of expressing an opinion about anything, even if your thought might be more efficient. Constant chaos, policy changes all day, everyday. One day a policy was changed 6 times between 8 am and 5 p.m., and yet they wondered why we were behind closing our files. The left hand and the right hand do not communicate at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake Up!!! You have too many chiefs and not enough Indians. The favoritism needs to be rained in.

Worked for Wingspan Portfolio? Contribute to the Community!