Wingstop Reviews

Jim Flynn

Good and bad

Current Employee - Employee  in  Brentwood, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in Brentwood, CA

I have been working at Wingstop full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's hard to say right now, this place makes you feel attached and makes you want to change everything you see wrong.

Cons

Underpaid even if you work harder then the WHOLE staff, favoritism is marked high here, work hard get paid little

Equalize the supervisors role if someone's working hard no matter how long they been there even out the payment, it's not fair to someone who busts their butt just to get paid the least amount amongst other supervisors who I do their job for half the time anyways.

Nothing but curve balls

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Wingstop part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible-ish schedules
    Decent to good hours
    Tips everynow and then

Cons

Almost everything
    Owner asked how I feel about working at nights and I said I'm limited in transportation an then he made me work nights anyway

Higher ups expect you to bust your a off for lowest pay.

Always feel short a worker

Owner acts like he has no emotion towards us and treats us with a feeling as if we are slaves

Got very very odd schedules after I got comfortable here.

No reasonable ideologies for the customers or us. I am required to do things that don't make sense that don't benefit us.

One higher up steps on me in front of customers while they watch and feel bad

Understand your employees more with certain hardships and quit treating workers like perfect robots!

Sit-down restaurant work, for McDonalds pay (and NO tips)

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Wingstop full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not too difficult, T.V.'s all around making down time more enjoyable than usual, pretty flexible with the schedule

Cons

No tips (the only place I know that sells booze that doesn't encourage tipping), too much expected of you for the pay. You're a cashier, busser, expediter, and cook. Don't expect to leave when your shift is supposed to end.

Pay employees more

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I loved working at Wingstop because I felt at home.

Former Employee - Cashier/Cook  in  Pasco, WA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Cook in Pasco, WA

I worked at Wingstop full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved the work load that I was put through. I never had any problems with the staff. Everyone was treated equally.

Cons

The challenges working was some days you worked late into the night and then the next day had to get up early for an early shift. Nothing too bad from this company.

You're doing great! Keep it up!

Cashier

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Wingstop part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good food, sports, enjoyable staff, extremely busy (always working)

Cons

No tips, low pay, poor manager (great ownership though)

N/A

it's a job

Current Employee - Cook  in  Turlock, CA
    Current Employee - Cook in Turlock, CA

I have been working at Wingstop part-time for less than a year

Pros

the work is not that difficult

Cons

seems to be understaffed especially during busy periods

pay your employees more

Straightforward and family oriented

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Tracy, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tracy, CA

I have been working at Wingstop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Straightforward job. Although it was my first job I became an assistant manager in less than 6 months. Original owners worked as store managers/onshift managers so they understood the demands and flow of the workplace. It easily became very family oriented and each employee was driven to meet the owners expectations. We became one of the Top Gun restaurants repeatedly and gotten 100% mystery shops numerous times.
    I learned a lot from this job due to the nature of it. Orders took about 14 min, as well as having numerous regulars allowed you to get to know your customers a lot better than a typical "fast food" place.
    The job is passable, can be enjoyable, but honestly you'll love the people most because you will interact the most here with your fellow coworkers and customers.

Cons

Top management seems to not be able to communicate clearly all of the time. Franchise owners seem to be given mixed information. Each franchise is run incredibly differently within certain margins. At least with earlier wingstops, you can expect different consistancies on how they are built and managed. Varying machinery(coke freedom machine, differing POS systems, etc etc). It's harder for workers to move from locations. Even the "flow" is different. Management needs to have some more uniformity because it affects overall work, and service.
    In the california area alone, wingstops range from really crappy service and food, to the best possible.
    Not to mention Wingstop as a company doesn't seem to have any business models of their own that shows any real appreciation for their workers. Everything I've gotten was by the previous owners choices.

Communicate with ALL franchise owners better, and appreciate your bottom level workers. Educate your stores better, and have someone working to create better uniformity. Also, create better career advancement opportunities, without it you're losing a lot of potentially amazing management. If people feel there is a future they will work towards it.

Franchises ruin everything

I have been working at Wingstop

Pros

Great wings, fantastic protocols and procedures

Cons

Franchisees are given minimal training, and then think that what they learned tells them how to run a restaurant. If you know how to run a restaurant then the training is very good, however, if you have never run a restaurant no amount of by the book training is going to help you.

Hire good people then get out of their way

Hard work and a lot of hours.

Current Employee - G M
    Current Employee - G M

I have been working at Wingstop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The fact that you can right your on schedule and flexible hours for what goes on in your life.

Cons

Constant pressure to do better on a weekly and monthly bases. Nights and weekends a must. Football season will be working long hours.

Keep to yourself

Avoid this place like the plague!

Former Employee - Cashier  in  San Angelo, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in San Angelo, TX

I worked at Wingstop full-time for less than a year

Pros

Literally the only good thing about this place is their flexible schedules. That is it!

Cons

Management is AWFUL! They hired me over the phone without ever meeting me. In my interview the owner told me, "this is the easiest job you don't even have to try." What the heck?! But I was new to town and needed a job with hours so I took it. Biggest mistake of my life! There are no benefits provided plus they don't pay overtime. There is no advancement opportunities and they don't do raises, at all. The managers are only making two dollars more an hour than I was. The work environment is horrendous! In the summer there is no AC and in the winter no heater. Don't apply if you're not family or friends with the owners they probably won't hire you and if they do you'll be treated like dirt! I know that in the restaurant industry there is a fast turnover but these people throw it in your face how replaceable you are. The worst part is they provide no information about the job! They didn't give me an employee handbook, an application, or any training. I had to teach myself all of these things myself! This place is shady and run by morons!

Please better regulate your franchise owners and stop letting them abuse the Wingstop name. The 'corporate reviews' are a joke I was at this store during the time we were being reviewed they literally changed everything they were doing to pass. If you guys just came in any old day they would fail miserably!

Worked for Wingstop? Contribute to the Community!