Winmark

Be The First To
Add Photos

Winmark Chairman and CEO John L. Morgan

John L. Morgan

Looks great from the outside

Plymouth, MN

ProsGreat medical and dental, not much else.

ConsBesides the poverty level wages and treacherous hours, this company NEEDS to invest in its infrastructure and people more. All of the software is sorely outdated and the infrastructure is sad. The store owners know it, the employees, know it, everyone knows, yet nothing is being done.

If you're reading this and thinking of employment, just don't. Don't make the mistake I did and walk away.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your company's infrastructure.

Great experience!

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsManagement is responsive to industry/market changes. A family friendly environment, exciting new sales VP, great training, great compensation, I see a long-term future with this company

ConsYou work hard, but you can make a great living, wish I could work from home one day a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the current strategy, new VP of sales is great!

Well managed organization with much promise.

ProsCompany is a good sized organization where employees have opportunity to be involved in many initiatives (if they show interest in doing so). Employees are cared for - especially when they may be going through tough times. Leadership decisions are well thought out.

ConsLean organization which can lead to employees wearing mutliple hats but this offers opportunity for experience.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Frustrating job where egos rule over common sense

ProsGreat medical benefits
    Great brands

ConsDoes not get rid of lazy or incompetent people. Views employees who questions (even respectfully) management as troublemakers. "Good 'ol boys club including bullying and sexual harassment

Advice to Senior ManagementPut your ego in check and listen to the people that question, they are bringing up concerns to make company better

Pass on working for this company, will never compensate for effort. No Incentive

Corporate Employee (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsGood HealthCare. Other than that this company will just use and discard you. The building looks nice from the outside. Not really any pros which is quite unfortunate.

ConsEverything Else. Salary is far below standard, Life\Work balance is awful. Wear far too many hats at this company. No Growth potential. Zero appreciation.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your Staff and stand up for them. When everyone is disgruntled that should waive a red flag

Fast-paced, high stress, and in need of stronger employer to employee communication.

ProsBenefits package, specifically, health insurance and 401K

ConsWork/life balance, Advancement opportunities, Company Culture is in need of review/ change

I did not enjoy working for Winmark, it was my worst employment experience.

ProsEstablished Company
    Great Concept for Stores

ConsWinmark is a company that is doing well, yet still does not give the proper financial recognition to it's employees. I overheard one of the executives take pride in the fact that they were a low paying company! Also, there is a glass ceiling that can be felt, and a good ol' boys mentality at the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify and share.

Worked for Winmark? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Winmark reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Winmark CEO John L. Morgan. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Winmark employees.