Winn-Dixie Reviews

Reset
3.2
Winn-Dixie President and CEO Ian McLeod
Ian McLeod

Pros
  • Flexible schedule for college students (in 23 reviews)

• Flexible Hours if your're a student (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • No health benefits unless you are full time (in 24 reviews)

• Obliviousness of upper management (in 24 reviews)

1. Awesome work environment....stupid work policy

Former Employee - Cashier in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Ocala, FL

I worked at Winn-Dixie part-time (More than a year)

Pros

People there were great to work with. They were very flexible with my schedule.

Cons

Too strict on work policies that don't make sense to begin with. No pay raises. I'm not even sure if they have any benefits. I know I didn't have any when I worked there.

Advice to Management

Work policies should be looked over and updated. There should be such things as warnings when mistakes are made. Especially when you fire someone for not asking for i.d. from a 33 year old woman. Everyone has an opinion on age and shouldn't be fired because they thought that the person looked over 40. I'd understand if they were under age, but 33?? really? A fair warning would have been sufficient. Then I would have learned from my mistake and asked for everyone's i.d. Even the 88 year old lady who always comes in for her wine. Just saying. I personally think this policy makes the company look bad.

2. Worked for Winn-Dixie for 18yrs. It has been a great company to work for, but it is not the same company any more.

Former Employee - Meat Manager in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Meat Manager in Ocala, FL

I worked at Winn-Dixie full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great meat and seafood operation! At one time the best in the south east. Great place to learn the trade of cutting meat.

Cons

With the recent merger the training portion has left.

Advice to Management

Try and get back to the roots of the Beef People.

3. A great start for experience.

Former Employee - Customer Service Lead in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Lead in Ocala, FL

I worked at Winn-Dixie part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a relatively easy company to work for and it's great for garnering experience for bigger and better things. An employee discount is offered as well as tuition reimbursement, up to 100% if you maintain an A average.

Cons

Rate of pay is low, especially for today's standards. I held a similar position with Food Lion over ten years ago and made a significantly higher rate of pay.

Advice to Management

Take a little time to focus more on getting to know your associates and making them feel part of a team, it's amazing the success your employees will be driven to achieve if they feel appreciated.

RSS Feed </> Embed