Winn-Dixie Reviews in Ocala, FL

2.6

Winn-Dixie CEO Randall Onstead
Randall Onstead

Pros
  • Nice people to work with flexible schedule (in 19 reviews)

• if your good at your job and have flexible hours you will get full hours every week (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Unrealistic expectations of upper management (in 21 reviews)

• Only 2 people in each department can be considered full time and get 40 hours a week (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Worked for Winn-Dixie for 18yrs. It has been a great company to work for, but it is not the same company any more.

Former Employee - Meat Manager  in  Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Meat Manager in Ocala, FL

I worked at Winn-Dixie full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great meat and seafood operation! At one time the best in the south east. Great place to learn the trade of cutting meat.

Cons

With the recent merger the training portion has left.

Try and get back to the roots of the Beef People.

Awesome work environment....stupid work policy

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Ocala, FL

I worked at Winn-Dixie part-time for more than a year

Pros

People there were great to work with. They were very flexible with my schedule.

Cons

Too strict on work policies that don't make sense to begin with. No pay raises. I'm not even sure if they have any benefits. I know I didn't have any when I worked there.

Work policies should be looked over and updated. There should be such things as warnings when mistakes are made. Especially when you fire someone for not asking for i.d. from a 33 year old woman. Everyone has an opinion on age and shouldn't be fired because they thought that the person looked over 40. I'd understand if they were under age, but 33?? really? A fair warning would have been sufficient. Then I would have learned from my mistake and asked for everyone's i.d. Even the 88 year old lady who always comes in for her wine. Just saying. I personally think this policy makes the company look bad.

A great start for experience.

Former Employee - Customer Service Lead  in  Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Lead in Ocala, FL

I worked at Winn-Dixie part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a relatively easy company to work for and it's great for garnering experience for bigger and better things. An employee discount is offered as well as tuition reimbursement, up to 100% if you maintain an A average.

Cons

Rate of pay is low, especially for today's standards. I held a similar position with Food Lion over ten years ago and made a significantly higher rate of pay.

Take a little time to focus more on getting to know your associates and making them feel part of a team, it's amazing the success your employees will be driven to achieve if they feel appreciated.

Worked for Winn-Dixie? Contribute to the Community!