Winn-Dixie

www.winn-dixie.com

Winn-Dixie Reviews in Ocala, FL

Winn-Dixie – US – “normal day of work”

Winn-Dixie CEO Randall Onstead

Randall Onstead

Pros
  • Nice people to work with flexible schedule(in 19 reviews)

• Flexible shifts, some co-workers were very good people(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Unrealistic expectations of upper management(in 21 reviews)

• Also trying to get rid of full time positions(in 19 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awesome work environment....stupid work policy

Cashier (Former Employee) Ocala, FL

ProsPeople there were great to work with. They were very flexible with my schedule.

ConsToo strict on work policies that don't make sense to begin with. No pay raises. I'm not even sure if they have any benefits. I know I didn't have any when I worked there.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork policies should be looked over and updated. There should be such things as warnings when mistakes are made. Especially when you fire someone for not asking for i.d. from a 33 year old woman. Everyone has an opinion on age and shouldn't be fired because they thought that the person looked over 40. I'd understand if they were under age, but 33?? really? A fair warning would have been sufficient. Then I would have learned from my mistake and asked for everyone's i.d. Even the 88 year old lady who always comes in for her wine. Just saying. I personally think this policy makes the company look bad.

Worked for Winn-Dixie for 18yrs. It has been a great company to work for, but it is not the same company any more.

Meat Manager (Former Employee) Ocala, FL

ProsGreat meat and seafood operation! At one time the best in the south east. Great place to learn the trade of cutting meat.

ConsWith the recent merger the training portion has left.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and get back to the roots of the Beef People.

A great start for experience.

Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) Ocala, FL

ProsIt's a relatively easy company to work for and it's great for garnering experience for bigger and better things. An employee discount is offered as well as tuition reimbursement, up to 100% if you maintain an A average.

ConsRate of pay is low, especially for today's standards. I held a similar position with Food Lion over ten years ago and made a significantly higher rate of pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a little time to focus more on getting to know your associates and making them feel part of a team, it's amazing the success your employees will be driven to achieve if they feel appreciated.

Worked for Winn-Dixie? Contribute to the Community!