Winn-Dixie Reviews

1. Great first job but management needs to fix some issues

Former Employee - Cashier Associate in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier Associate in Tampa, FL

I worked at Winn-Dixie

Pros

Great first job, enjoyed meeting new people. 5% Discount across the store and the opportunity to move up within the company.

Cons

Customer service, dealing with nasty, rude customers. The only raise you'll ever see would likely be due to a raise in minimum wage or promotion. Management doesn't do a good job training - it's all learned on the job. Some employees do not car about their job and force others to work twice as hard.

Advice to Management

Drastically cutting hours is not managing expenses - it's killing a brand. Customers already complain about understaffed stores yet management still feels the need to cut additional hours. Compensate employees that work hard instead of promoting those that do not.

2. Good

Current Employee - Self Check in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Self Check in Miami, FL

I have been working at Winn-Dixie

Pros

not many hours and not good pay

Cons

we work as a family

Advice to Management

i love winn dixie even though you dont get paid enough

3. retail sales assoc.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Deland, FL

I have been working at Winn-Dixie part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

steady, good environment, nice people .

Cons

having a fixed number of hours each week.

5. Winn Dixie careers

Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Winn-Dixie full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is a lot of opportunities for advancement within Winn Dixie.

Cons

Working for this company in a management position requires a person to work very long hours and a lot of times there is unnecessary stress and pressure put on you by upper management.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more consistent and get priorities in order.

6. Great Company

I have been working at Winn-Dixie

Pros

Nice place to work here

Cons

Brand is not very well known

7. Average Experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Winn-Dixie (Less than a year)

Pros

Good management, flexible with scheduling (which was really helpful since I was a college student), team members were also friendly

Cons

The pay is a bit low and you don't usually see raises. Sometimes it was hard to get hours or find someone to take your shift.

Advice to Management

Look at getting an online scheduler. It will make it easier for employees to drop/add shifts over the current system where you have to ask/call a lot of other employees.

Liking new attitude and direction!

Current Employee - Pricing Lead in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Pricing Lead in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Winn-Dixie full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work with some really nice people. Opportunity for advancement to those willing to put forth the effort. Decent benefits for full time associates, unfortunately part time benefits really lack. New CEO is a welcomed change. Seeing a renewed positive attitude starting to emerge which was much needed. Lifting the cap on part time hours a huge plus to recruit new talent and keep existing good talent. Glad he has the foresight to see that over minimal cost savings that were being achieved with caps in place. The 4th of July Wounded Warrior campaign along with donating our profits for the day was simply an amazing event to be part of. It has been quite a long time since I was actually PROUD to work for this company and I know I was not the only one who felt this way. The positive energy felt throughout the store along with the positive customer response was a huge WIN WIN! Like how Ian is thinking way outside the box with his vision.

Cons

Training has gotten so lost in the past 3 years and it is definitely showing. I understand that this issue is being worked on, and it can't be soon enough. Our work force is primarily part time. That alone is a huge challenge but coupled with almost non existent benefits (SERIOUSLY folks, one paid 4 hour Christmas holiday and 20 hours vacation time after 2 YEARS of service is really sad) then paying at or near minimum wage and capping hours at 25-27 hours. How can you ever recruit a successful team operation let alone get people who want to grow in your organization? The recent cap lifting is a great start though.

Advice to Management

New ideas and fresh approach are needed. We face some truly formidable competition is much of our operating area. That being said it looks like Ian recognizes this and is working on addressing. Hopefully Lone star will give him the resources to do what they hired him to do. Finally we need to have a direction and focus. For the past 3 years we have not had one, at least not an evident one. Winn Dixie came out of bankruptcy tarnished, battered and bruised. We focused on a theme of Getting Better All The Time. It was a good focus for both the associates and our customers. It admitted we hadn't been the best of operators in the past and we certainly weren't there now, but we are striving towards that goal. Overall it was successful. Battered and bruised associates rallied behind the slogan and slowly we showed our customer base we were changing, and for the better. We never got there though. We were acquired and we have been drifting for the past 3 years. We need a direction again One that is clear to the associates and clear to our customers. It is needed to be successful against formidable competition. I like to feel that Ian gets that and will take us there. Let him do what he was hired to do PLEASE!

9. Winn Dixie

Former Employee - Cashier in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Winn-Dixie full-time

Pros

Easy simple employment as a cashier

Cons

Can endure Back pain from standing

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

10. Time at a store

I worked at Winn-Dixie full-time

Pros

Good people, nice atmosphere and stuff.

Cons

Pay wasn't competitive, should up benefits and incentives

Advice to Management

See above, hire more intuitive corporate level employees.

11. Decent Job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Winn-Dixie (Less than a year)

Pros

It was simple work and easy-going environment. Easy to please managers if you do your job like it should be done. Decent pay for what the work is.

Cons

Very little advancement opportunity. 25 hour maximum, no matter how good you are, unless you take a management position. Unexpected work load with transition from Sweetbay to Winn-Dixie.

Advice to Management

Get upper level management more involved in stores. Get out and meet people. Give them a face to go with a name. District managers should introduce themselves to people.

RSS Feed </> Embed