Winsby

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
2.6

Deborah Frakes

Great friends to work with

Current Employee - Caller in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Winsby part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I get to work with other Northwestern Students, upbeat and fun atmosphere, good starting pay

Cons

Could use more crossword puzzles

Horrible work ethics

Current Employee - Caller in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Winsby full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good pay. flexible schedule, weekends off, small office setting.

Cons

being micromanaged ALL THE TIME. long hours and boring job. Doing the same duties all the time. people tend to take their job too seriously here. The boss stays at his computer most of the day rarely sees what the employees are doing. The staff here demanding on "gotta be aggressive to the customers" "gotta get a send note" The staff are always in your personal space hovering over you. NOT GOOD! passing out candy like its a healthy thing.

Have more supervisors. Be friendly with the staff

Direct Marketer

I have been working at Winsby

Pros

Used to be mostly college hires so the people were fun to work with. $11 an hour isn't shabby and expectations aren't too high.

Cons

Its mindless, but some people can handle that, I couldn't. Other than that the company had started hiring lifers that have killed the work environment.

Give employees some hope of mobility and actually pay them if they do progress.

Caller

Former Employee - Caller in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Caller in Evanston, IL

I worked at Winsby part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pros of this job were the flexibility, it was a nice work environment, the pay was decent for the kind of work you were doing

Cons

The job could be monotonous at times. It was hard to keep motivated after hours of making phone calls

Long hours, challenging work, minimal pay.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Winsby full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of educational opportunities, but all lessons must be self taught.

Cons

Only negative feedback from ownership. Management doesn't have a direction for the company. Very low salary compared to similar companies. Absentee ownership. Most employees quit before they've been with the company 2 years. No 401K or retirement plan.

Please start respecting your employees and paying them a wage in line with their responsibilities.

Does not appreciate workers

Former Employee - Market Research Interviewer in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Market Research Interviewer in Evanston, IL

I worked at Winsby full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, no weekends, holidays off, above minimum wage pay, easy work

Cons

No raises even after promotion, no incentives for a job well done, very rude management, no benefits for full-time callers, no PTO

If a worker is doing well, appreciate them.

When I worked there, I was a full-time caller doing better than all the employees. Often I would generate more leads on a project than all of the other employees combined that day. I never received any financial benefits from this. In fact, I was promoted almost immediately to do more difficult work, but my pay was not raised. My pay was not raised in the year that I worked there. Since you are encouraged to perform at a certain level and I was greatly exceeding those expectations, I felt I could afford to be a few minutes late sometimes, since I was making them immense amounts of money, especially when compared to other callers, but this made management furious. So since I was not being recognized for being exceptional at my job, I simply stopped working as hard. Why bother working hard if you are getting paid the same as those who are doing a terrible job? Management should have asked why I was doing poorly and what they could do to help, but instead, they just started giving me write-ups and being generally hostile.

Pretty bad.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

I worked at Winsby

Pros

Overall, it is a pretty laid back office, most of the employees are friendly.

Cons

Constant HR issues, mostly from preferential treatment from the owners. If you're up for the challenge of warming up to the owners (all family), then this may be the place for you! Communication down the ranks is poor, as is pay. Also, there is no where for upward movement.

winsby

I have been working at Winsby

Pros

good people, flexible hours and scheduling

Cons

repetitive work and can be boring