Winsby

2.2

Deborah Frakes
1 Rating

Direct Marketer

Pros

Used to be mostly college hires so the people were fun to work with. $11 an hour isn't shabby and expectations aren't too high.

Cons

Its mindless, but some people can handle that, I couldn't. Other than that the company had started hiring lifers that have killed the work environment.

Give employees some hope of mobility and actually pay them if they do progress.

Beware

Former Employee - Caller  in  Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Caller in Evanston, IL

Pros

Easy work, great co-workers, casual atmosphere, occasionally you get to talk to very nice people on the phone.

Cons

Work you do there gets incredibly boring after a few weeks, especially considering how well educated and qualified most callers are - I felt really unchallenged and got frustrated with it. People can get extremely nasty on the phone. Clegg Junior treats his employees like slaves, is always in a bad mood and takes it out on everyone including the Senior. There's absolutely no way to get a promotion, unless you are a white male Republican. One person got a 50 Cent raise after working there for over a year (after requesting a review), which is ridiculous. Long story short, they don't care about there employees AT ALL, numbers and money is all that counts and if they don't like you they will find a reason to fire you, and they will do that in front of everyone. I've seen that happening to countless callers within a year.

Change your attitude, stop being cheap, treat your employees with respect.

Caller

Former Employee - Caller  in  Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Caller in Evanston, IL

Pros

The pros of this job were the flexibility, it was a nice work environment, the pay was decent for the kind of work you were doing

Cons

The job could be monotonous at times. It was hard to keep motivated after hours of making phone calls

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Long hours, challenging work, minimal pay.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Lots of educational opportunities, but all lessons must be self taught.

Cons

Only negative feedback from ownership. Management doesn't have a direction for the company. Very low salary compared to similar companies. Absentee ownership. Most employees quit before they've been with the company 2 years. No 401K or retirement plan.

Please start respecting your employees and paying them a wage in line with their responsibilities.

Does not appreciate workers

Former Employee - Market Research Interviewer  in  Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Market Research Interviewer in Evanston, IL

Pros

Flexible hours, no weekends, holidays off, above minimum wage pay, easy work

Cons

No raises even after promotion, no incentives for a job well done, very rude management, no benefits for full-time callers, no PTO

If a worker is doing well, appreciate them.

When I worked there, I was a full-time caller doing better than all the employees. Often I would generate more leads on a project than all of the other employees combined that day. I never received any financial benefits from this. In fact, I was promoted almost immediately to do more difficult work, but my pay was not raised. My pay was not raised in the year that I worked there. Since you are encouraged to perform at a certain level and I was greatly exceeding those expectations, I felt I could afford to be a few minutes late sometimes, since I was making them immense amounts of money, especially when compared to other callers, but this made management furious. So since I was not being recognized for being exceptional at my job, I simply stopped working as hard. Why bother working hard if you are getting paid the same as those who are doing a terrible job? Management should have asked why I was doing poorly and what they could do to help, but instead, they just started giving me write-ups and being generally hostile.

Pretty bad.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Pros

Overall, it is a pretty laid back office, most of the employees are friendly.

Cons

Constant HR issues, mostly from preferential treatment from the owners. If you're up for the challenge of warming up to the owners (all family), then this may be the place for you! Communication down the ranks is poor, as is pay. Also, there is no where for upward movement.

winsby

Pros

good people, flexible hours and scheduling

Cons

repetitive work and can be boring

Worked for Winsby? Contribute to the Community!