Winsby Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.8
Deborah Frakes

1. Easily the best job I've ever had.

I have been working at Winsby full-time

Pros

This job does not demand much of you, but allows for opportunity and growth. While you're calling you can play games and sometimes there are snacks and music. They really seem to care about making people comfortable and successful. It is nice that they care to liven it up, because it can be boring, but sometimes even boring can be nice. The people are mostly friendly and management is pretty easy to approach with questions and concerns. Overall it is a positive environment and I enjoy working there.

Cons

The pay schedule is the 1st and the 30th which can get tricky because the time clock tracks it differently, so getting paid always works out, but it is a little confusing.

Advice to Management

Pay people every other Friday.

2. easy work for decent pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Winsby part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

relaxed atmosphere, worked around my schedule, good summer job. The work is easy and the pay is pretty good for a call center.

Cons

it can sometimes get loud and seem hectic. needs more working computers.

Advice to Management

keep the snacks stocked.

3. Catch-22

Former Employee - Caller in Evanston, IL

I worked at Winsby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some calls actually help people. The first day was kinda nice.

Cons

Heres why it's a catch 22 to work at winsby: to do a good job you have to sound happy and be cheery and work hard, but the management sucks so much that you are physically exhausted by the second day. They constantly micro manage you and nag on you after EVERY phone call. They constantly review you; they have weekly reviews where if you get below an 85% you get re-evaluated ( I left before I could find out what that means).

Advice to Management

Fire your current managers and find people that can constructively criticize and train someone without burning them out quickly.

5. it makes you some money

I have been working at Winsby

Pros

They give you money for doing relatively simple work.

Cons

It's a call center. Need I say more

Great friends to work with

Current Employee - Caller in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Winsby part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to work with other Northwestern Students, upbeat and fun atmosphere, good starting pay

Cons

Could use more crossword puzzles

Horrible work ethics

Current Employee - Caller in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Winsby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay. flexible schedule, weekends off, small office setting.

Cons

being micromanaged ALL THE TIME. long hours and boring job. Doing the same duties all the time. people tend to take their job too seriously here. The boss stays at his computer most of the day rarely sees what the employees are doing. The staff here demanding on "gotta be aggressive to the customers" "gotta get a send note" The staff are always in your personal space hovering over you. NOT GOOD! passing out candy like its a healthy thing.

Advice to Management

Have more supervisors. Be friendly with the staff

8. Direct Marketer

I have been working at Winsby

Pros

Used to be mostly college hires so the people were fun to work with. $11 an hour isn't shabby and expectations aren't too high.

Cons

Its mindless, but some people can handle that, I couldn't. Other than that the company had started hiring lifers that have killed the work environment.

Advice to Management

Give employees some hope of mobility and actually pay them if they do progress.

9. Caller

Former Employee - Caller in Evanston, IL

I worked at Winsby part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros of this job were the flexibility, it was a nice work environment, the pay was decent for the kind of work you were doing

Cons

The job could be monotonous at times. It was hard to keep motivated after hours of making phone calls

Long hours, challenging work, minimal pay.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Winsby full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of educational opportunities, but all lessons must be self taught.

Cons

Only negative feedback from ownership. Management doesn't have a direction for the company. Very low salary compared to similar companies. Absentee ownership. Most employees quit before they've been with the company 2 years. No 401K or retirement plan.

Advice to Management

Please start respecting your employees and paying them a wage in line with their responsibilities.

11. Does not appreciate workers

Former Employee - Market Research Interviewer in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Market Research Interviewer in Evanston, IL

I worked at Winsby full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, no weekends, holidays off, above minimum wage pay, easy work

Cons

No raises even after promotion, no incentives for a job well done, very rude management, no benefits for full-time callers, no PTO

Advice to Management

If a worker is doing well, appreciate them.

When I worked there, I was a full-time caller doing better than all the employees. Often I would generate more leads on a project than all of the other employees combined that day. I never received any financial benefits from this. In fact, I was promoted almost immediately to do more difficult work, but my pay was not raised. My pay was not raised in the year that I worked there. Since you are encouraged to perform at a certain level and I was greatly exceeding those expectations, I felt I could afford to be a few minutes late sometimes, since I was making them immense amounts of money, especially when compared to other callers, but this made management furious. So since I was not being recognized for being exceptional at my job, I simply stopped working as hard. Why bother working hard if you are getting paid the same as those who are doing a terrible job? Management should have asked why I was doing poorly and what they could do to help, but instead, they just started giving me write-ups and being generally hostile.

RSS Feed </> Embed