Winstead

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kevin A. Sullivan

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagement was top notch. The people and culture of the firm were good for the most part. People do not leave the company very often.

ConsUnwilling to adopt new technology or any change really. IT department moving ahead and pushing forward, most users did not appreciate or understand what was being done for them

Advice to Senior ManagementMake changes to outside consultants if you ever want an internal change.

Nice people, odd culture, and uncertain future.

Associate (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsPeople are generally quite nice. Benefits are good. Good training and business development opportunities/sponsoring.

ConsNot much loyalty. Odd hiring practices have led to a slightly "different" culture that other law firms. Departments tend to be silo'd and a lot of looking out for #1 overall. LOTS of folks leaving the firm, which is not necessarily unique to Winstead these days, but isn't a positive either.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrue future and direction of the firm are very hard to understand. Quality of new hires does not seem to be on par with quality of the past (this is likely due to pay level, etc.).

Good company with nice people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood compensation, benefits and perks and great people are great to work with, for the most part

ConsSome people have been there too long, too set in their ways and can't handle the pressure they are under in their position

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Questionable management; compensation is on-par with other large firms in the market

Associate (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsDay-to-day work environment is generally positive; compensation for attorneys is fair.

ConsMixed reputation of firm; questionable personnel management; certain practice areas favored over others.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication and make decision-making more transparent. Many questionable and arbitrary personnel decisions were made when the firm was struggling most (2008-2010). Some apparently hasty decisions made simply to "protect" shareholders in the short-term (rescinded employment offers, summer associate program canceled, productive associates pushed out the door, etc.) The legal community remembers, and management hasn't done much since then to rehabilitate the firm's image.

Paralegal review

Paralegal (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsNice working environment. Well-structured evaluation system.

ConsMandatory participation in charity contribution ($100 for attorneys and $50 for non-attorneys).

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerally well-managed.

Have to say I think its an incredible downtown firm to work at!

Paralegal (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBenefits, respectfulness between staff - attorney, support and administration, caring in-house administration, superior grasp of economic changes and proactiveness in seeing the firm through the changes.

ConsLaw firms do not typically provide any meaningful life/work balance. Competitiveness of salaries, raises and bonuses may be slightly slipping but obviously being influenced by economy and staffs' need for job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am very proud to work here and believe it to be an intelligent and caring firm. Please remember the level to which your employees are struggling. The economy has devastated some of us beyond what you are aware - utilities, foreclosures, etc.

Satisfied

Attorney (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsWinstead is a well-respected law firm with some good attorneys.

ConsDefinitely a 2nd tier law firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe can't always satisfy all shareholders. The firm needs to run more like a business. Instead, everything revolves around building consensus and making everyone happy.

Great place to work

APA Editor Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsSmart management. Care and concern for employees.

ConsNot much room for growth as it was a small business with a growing client list.

Worked for Winstead? Contribute to the Community!