Wintellect

Employer Engaged

Wintellect Reviews

5.0

CEO

It's like being a member of Special Forces, without all of the danger

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wintellect full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone likes to say that they have the most talented software engineers - but here they really mean it. Pay is extremely competitive with considerable bonus opportunities. Community / OSS outreach is strongly encouraged. The company has a very strong reputation and history and has always been extremely stable financially, weathering all industry downturns of the past decade without damage. Wintellect is a very small company (despite outward appearances) and is employee-driven, which allows each individual employee to chart the course for their own career.

Cons

Our consultants frequently (almost always?) work from home, and not everyone is comfortable with that type of arrangement. There are very high competency expectations for consultants, including competency in emerging technologies, and this requires a lot of personal education and research during off-hours - again, not everyone's cup of tea. Unlike many of our competitors, Wintellect operates on a very lean staff and bench time is rare. Overtime is much more common (you do get compensated for it though).

Stick true to Wintellect's roots and core strengths but don't be afraid to experiment in other influential tech stacks or business lines where it makes sense.

Great company, the best people I've ever worked with, all of them high achievers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wintellect full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Get to work with smart people all around you, including industry luminaries. If you want to be work with the best and become the best you can be, work here.

Cons

Work-Life balance could be better but this is as much me as anything else.

Involve people as much as you can in growing the company. The folks that work here enjoy being part of something special.

Wintellect Response

Sep 6, 2014Sr. Technical Recruiter

We are growing and changing, part of that in more employee involvement. That is high on the priority list and we are implementing those things now.

The ideal work place for talented software engineering professionals.

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Wintellect full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a unique pool of talented professionals with similar core values, focused on excellence and integrity. Very open management, ability to work remotely and fantastic compensation packages.

Cons

Really only complaints I hear is that sometimes people feel a bit disconnected working remotely, but the company addresses this through virtual communications, regular calls by getting together several days out of the year.

Keep up the great work!

Great people, culture, and industry reputation.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wintellect full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You work with some really smart people. Management sincerely cares about their employees; individual and company success are well-aligned. There is plenty of opportunity to shine and ultimately what you get out is correlated to what you put in. Did I mention these people are *smart*? :-)

Cons

It's a relatively small company, so there are the occasional growing pains... "what are we going to focus on as we grow?" etc. Not necessarily bad problems to have. The three lines of business (in-person training, online training, and consulting) could be more tightly integrated as complements vs. silos... it's not IBM. :-)

Continue to let the company spread its wings and grow, and continue to trust your people to take good care of your baby.

A Company Culture that values it's employees and promotes growth and ideas.

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wintellect full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great training, compensation, benefits, and leadership. The company really listens to its' employees and your contributions are recognized. Great career growth. Bright, smart people. Opportunities to attend conferences, technology groups, etc.

Cons

The interview process is very detailed & challenging.

Wintellect Response

Sep 6, 2014Sr. Technical Recruiter

We set the bar extremely high in order to assure the best of the best are employed by Wintellect.

An amazing ride

Former Employee - Director Sales in Windham, NH
    Former Employee - Director Sales in Windham, NH

I worked at Wintellect full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working with some of the brightest minds in the software development world Culture is positive, people are all great. Outstanding reputation in the .NET development world.

Cons

Company is headquartered in Knoxville, TN - working remotely can be tough.

Stay the course.