Wintrust Mortgage Reviews

J David Hrobon

Private

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Supportive management team. The amazing corporate headquarters is designed for the employees. Overall great company to work for.

Cons

Work - life balance gets lost and sometimes even having an amazing facility doesn't make up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I am proud to have been able to call Wintrust my home for so many years.

2. Look elsewhere

Current Employee - Processing in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Processing in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No micro managing. Easy commute. Health benefits are good.

Cons

They don't match 401k. The processors do 98% of the work. You are opening, processing and underwriting files. The UWs basically only check your work and then give you 20 conditions. The pay is low. No bonuses. No one will tell you mistakes you are making until it's gets so bad that they either have to fire you or write you up. I've seen it over and over. The training is horrible. The loan officers are the worst here. They whine and complain worse than any place ive ever worked.

Advice to Management

Not really

3. Auditer

Pros

I worked with great people and we were located right off the highway so travel wasn't bad. Also had a few breaks throughout the day.

Cons

The job was pretty repetitious and if you get bored doing the same thing over and over then this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

I really don't have anything to say to management. They were all very nice and personable people who truly care about their employees.

5. This company knows how to do loans!

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What matters most if you are an originator, that the company you work for cares passionately about getting the job done... this company wants to make loans, great underwriters who work with you to get the job done, terrific management support for the consumer!

Cons

Like with all companies, communication can be clunky but all is good!

Advice to Management

Keep setting high standards and raising the bar!

Being a loan officer anywhere is tough with all of the paperwork involved and procedures to follow.

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer

I have been working at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We have the best processors, underwriters and closers in the business. they get our loans closed in 30 days. They all can be called when in need and have 'saved the day' to close a deal

Cons

we can't do more than 6 loans a month by ourselves and get all that's required done without working 100 hours a week. We need a team just to get the loan to processing let alone close.

Advice to Management

a lot of the loan officer paperwork obligation needs to be given to others so we can sell and not worry about the loans closing.

7. Pretty good

Pros

Flexible hours, nice and comfortable work atmosphere

Cons

Very difficult to make a lot of money

8. review

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Bloomington, MN

Pros

Knowledgeable staff - internal underwriting and processing.

Cons

Charged a considerable amount for all services that are needed to function for the job. Internet issues consistently with the systems. Pricing not competitive for the market place

9. lackluster

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

excellent closing and condo departments

Cons

poor management up and down the chain. most processors are inefficient. too many overlays. early default and early pay off commission pull-backs. company is designed for top producers. too much growth in too short of time. all marketing burden is placed on the loan officer.

Advice to Management

get down in the trenches with your front line sales force to really understand what goes on on a daily basis. vast need for better communications.

10. Great company but my Supervisor showed impartiality when it comes to advancement and promotion.

Former Employee - Support Staff in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Support Staff in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a balance between work and personal life, great benefits, and offer work schedule flexibility.

Cons

They don't promote equal pay for equal work. I know one who receives a big salary doing clerical work with a designation of AVP, just to justify the high salary, not to mention also the regular bonuses she receives. Whereas, some people there like me, who do also clerical job but requires more technical know-how and analysis receives way below of what she receives and no bonuses. Instead of rewarding you because of your hard work and dedication, you'r the first one to be laid off without any warning, and after you ironed out tasks messed up by your co-employees. They try to get more from you without any good thing in return. You try to do the thing you think is right and the best but still they don't appreciate what you've done.

Advice to Management

Be mindful of the welfare and concerns of your employees especially those who give their best with all honesty, integrity and dedication. Your employees who are deserving recognition and respect are your biggest asset in the Company.

11. GREAT

Former Employee - Senior Loan Processor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Loan Processor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

management always passing the work off so they want have to deal with the issues. no one really addresses issues

RSS Feed </> Embed