Wipfli

www.wipfli.com

Wipfli Reviews

Updated Jun 1, 2014

Rick Dreher

I was hired as a seasonal tax preparer an it was a very rewarding and educational experience.

Seasonal Tax Preparer (Former Employee) Eau Claire, WI

ProsThe employees were very friendly and helpful. My supervisor was also very professional and willing to teach you.

ConsI was going to school full time so I worked opposite of a lot of people so I wasn't able to connect with some employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere were times when positive or negative feedback would have been beneficial.

Management lacking

ProsProfit sharing to all employees, benefits OK, flexible work schedules

ConsA lot of lip service about values, growth and training but no followup by if management does nothing; require long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementGet upper management and partners out of their silos and focus on integrating all niches

Audit Associate

Accounting Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThey have one day set aside for community involvement by the employees, but only if your supervisor approves your attendance.

ConsI was salary but by the time you factor in the hours worked, my hourly wage was $10.00 per hour. Sad for and accounting degree and CPA. Directors talk bad about past and current employees, behind their back. Very unprofessional atmosphere. No bonuses for hard work, only by "who you know".

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at professional personalities when promoting to Director and Partner level.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a good place to work

ProsCompetitive salary. Work/life balance is the best that I have heard of in the industry. You are still required to get the number of hours your contract specifies but for the most part you are respsonsible for when and where you get those hours in, aside from client related deadlines.

ConsThe benefits package isn't the best, but it is still better than nothing. It is hard to get into the specific industry you want to work in but if you are flexible and open there is a spot for everyone here.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people form their own career paths, and not force them to "try" something they don't want to do.

very good.

Prosflexibility is the first thing that comes to mind

Constoo many meetings, phone calls, etc.

Challenging work, family-friendly environment

Pros1. Work-life integration is amazing. It has allowed me to balance 2 kids and full-time career with different options when needed - whether reduced hours or telecommuting - at different points in my career.
    2. Strong committment to advanced education and continuous learning - support of my master's degree as well as technical certifications.
    3. Caring for people - I have experienced so many situations over my tenure where firm leaders and/or fellow associates pulled together to help their team members or the community.

ConsThe organization has grown significantly over my tenure. They are a large firm with many small offices, so operating as one firm can be difficult at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to find ways to connect experienced staff with less experienced staff to show them the ropes and keep them challenged.

Poor management in the IT consulting/support area

Engineer (Former Employee) Eau Claire, WI

ProsSteady paycheck and limited travel

ConsManagement is naive and poorly experienced. Wipfli's ITO consulting model is self defeating--target the small business and charge very high rates. Result is unhappy clients. Very high turnover in the ITO consulting area due to very poor management and a broken business model.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should not also double as sales people. The result is that you have a person who is inadequate in both roles. From my experience, the more inadequate the management the more they blame those they manage.

Pretty good company

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) Sterling, IL

ProsGood benefits, such as STD and LTD, CPA bonuses, Health Ins isn't too bad

ConsPoor pay raises, Lower pay scale, minimal bonuses, to large of a firm for recognition

A pretty good place to start a career

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) Edina, MN

ProsThe company as a whole has a large focus on employees having a good work/life balance and employees are considered more than just a number.

ConsThere are certain teams within the firm that are rather disfunctional. There is a resistance to change and there is a sense that employees have to serve their "time" rather than prove themselves through strong performance to move up or to have a say in the decision making process..

Friends don't let friends work here.

ProsNice people to work with. Nice offices. Good client relationships.

ConsPoor benefits, lousy work/life balance. 1 year to 18 months and out after tax season.

Advice to Senior ManagementFish rots from the head.

Worked for Wipfli? Contribute to the Community!